35%
Warren
20%

Total votes: 40

UncleRico05
Waterboy

Re: TSL 2024

Post by UncleRico05 »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:12 pm Warren still has John Marshall on there schedule its away and they have a home game now scheduled against Paintsville KY .
Painstville KY? Haha… they are an average at best small division team in KY. Who the heck scheduled them? Could’ve found a more local team to get a win than travel that far for one. Warren should easily win 6-7 games with that schedule and who they have coming back.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

UncleRico05 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:59 pm
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:12 pm Warren still has John Marshall on there schedule its away and they have a home game now scheduled against Paintsville KY .
Painstville KY? Haha… they are an average at best small division team in KY. Who the heck scheduled them? Could’ve found a more local team to get a win than travel that far for one. Warren should easily win 6-7 games with that schedule and who they have coming back.
Game is at home so they don’t have to go anywhere. It really makes no difference who it is if they’re willing to travel. Plus, it’s only a one year deal from what I heard so there’s no return trip to Paintsville.

UncleRico05
Waterboy

Post by UncleRico05 »

beg003 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:27 pm
Game is at home so they don’t have to go anywhere. It really makes no difference who it is if they’re willing to travel. Plus, it’s only a one year deal from what I heard so there’s no return trip to Paintsville.
Guess it could be worse and be a team from Canada. Sad for local high school teams to rely on teams 3-4 hours away to fill schedules than play locally.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

UncleRico05 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:16 pm

Guess it could be worse and be a team from Canada. Sad for local high school teams to rely on teams 3-4 hours away to fill schedules than play locally.
Clueless you have no idea what you are talking about. You don’t think they’d rather play a local school and have a bigger gate????? Most teams are playing league games week 5 and 6. Warren is lucky to even fill in the schedule. Marietta and Fort Frye are still trying to fill holes. TSL moved league games to weeks 8-10 so they have holes to fill and not many teams have openings. Teams that do don’t want to play TSL schools. Maybe it’s travel who knows. Warren is lucky to even get another home game.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:38 pm
Clueless you have no idea what you are talking about. You don’t think they’d rather play a local school and have a bigger gate????? Most teams are playing league games week 5 and 6. Warren is lucky to even fill in the schedule. Marietta and Fort Frye are still trying to fill holes. TSL moved league games to weeks 8-10 so they have holes to fill and not many teams have openings. Teams that do don’t want to play TSL schools. Maybe it’s travel who knows. Warren is lucky to even get another home game.
This is on point. New Lex was a target, but it didn’t work out. Coach Peyton was at Ashland for a year, so he has some connections down that way, so I guess it isn’t totally out of the blue. But playing a team like Belpre instead is, truthfully, a worse option at this point.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Canada team was one of the best teams Fort played all season.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Crazy everyone around here says Warriors are no good but hardly no team around here will play them … can’t understand that !?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:13 pm Crazy everyone around here says Warriors are no good but hardly no team around here will play them … can’t understand that !?
It’s probably because they sell Little Caesars pizza at the games instead of Napolis. That’s what killed it for me anyway.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:27 pm
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:13 pm Crazy everyone around here says Warriors are no good but hardly no team around here will play them … can’t understand that !?
It’s probably because they sell Little Caesars pizza at the games instead of Napolis. That’s what killed it for me anyway.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OhioSportsGuyMike
Waterboy

Post by OhioSportsGuyMike »

Who does each school have returning for them? Basketball games have seemed boring this winter, I am ready for football season!

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Well dont go sniffing around the TVC again because VC and Belpre have made it obvious they dont want you.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:31 pm
In all honesty though, Vinton County has reached out to coach Peyton at Warren to set up a series. Coach Carper wants to get Warren on the schedule for the foreseeable future as long as open dates line up. What does that mean in terms of other sports between the two schools? I’m not sure. The drive to Warren is a long one for VC but doing it every other year on a Friday night isn't that bad. Both road teams brought pretty decent crowds (I thought) in 2021 and 2022. Sounds like the rivalry will continue again soon. Side note, the facilities at Warren are great compared to most in seo so thats a plus. Any chance you could get Napolies pizza in there before 2025/26?

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

It’s most likely because Warren has produced so many winning seasons in the last 20 years. I really don’t think teams above division D5 in Ohio are afraid to play Warren in football. If they are as good as some advertise, put PHS and South back on the schedule. Where did Fairfield Union go? 42-3 too much of a beat down?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:00 pm

In all honesty though, Vinton County has reached out to coach Peyton at Warren to set up a series. Coach Carper wants to get Warren on the schedule for the foreseeable future as long as open dates line up. What does that mean in terms of other sports between the two schools? I’m not sure. The drive to Warren is a long one for VC but doing it every other year on a Friday night isn't that bad. Both road teams brought pretty decent crowds (I thought) in 2021 and 2022. Sounds like the rivalry will continue again soon. Side note, the facilities at Warren are great compared to most in seo so thats a plus. Any chance you could get Napolies pizza in there before 2025/26?
To me, it makes a lot of sense. Same region, same size, some history there. Like you said, both teams’ fans travel well despite the drive. Hopefully it gets in motion and happens. Napoli’s is proud of their pizza, so the markup the concession stand would have to do to turn a profit might make a $5 hot and ready sound like NYC’s best pizza.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

This is a load of chicken shite. It’s the same trip for Warren to get to McArthur but you don’t hear warrior nation crying about it.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:09 pm

This is a load of chicken shite. It’s the same trip for Warren to get to McArthur but you don’t hear warrior nation crying about it.
I know it’s hard for you to comprehend what I wrote but it is in fact not chicken shite. VC has reached out to Warren for a series just like they did in 2021 and 2022. The trip is the same for either school regardless of direction of travel. That’s pretty obvious.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:22 pm

I know it’s hard for you to comprehend what I wrote but it is in fact not chicken shite. VC has reached out to Warren for a series just like they did in 2021 and 2022. The trip is the same for either school regardless of direction of travel. That’s pretty obvious.

It’s the same trip indeed. Warren is willing to make it and VC is still willing to make excuses. Stop blackballing Warren.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Howard Cosell wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:04 am

It’s the same trip indeed. Warren is willing to make it and VC is still willing to make excuses. Stop blackballing Warren.
Hey Howard you must not have heard about that 38 year old grudge that VC has against Warren. Those things can’t be overstated. Not to mention that there are some two lane roads on that trip for VC to traverse. Stop trying to make it out to be fear on VC’s part 😂

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Howard Cosell wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:04 am

Again, you are overlooking the fact that VC has reached out for a series.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Series scheduling lets you dump people when you think you cant beat them. This is seen in athletic departments like Athens, Belpre and your beloved VC. Let Warren in and the schedule takes care of itself. But VC will complain about the two lane road through Corner on the way to the HS and will mourn the fact that year in year out they cant beat Warren in much of anything.

Return to “Football”