3 @ North Union
4 @ Adena
5 (H) Huntington
6 (H) Piketon
7 @ Westfall
8 (H) Unioto
9 (H) Chillicothe Southeastern
10 @ Paint Valley
Last edited by nctabulator on Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

billythekid69
Waterboy

Re: SVC 2024

Post by billythekid69 »

Week 1 SE @ NW & NW @ Piketon?
Don’t think these schedules are correct…

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Any coaching changes for the up coming season?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

KRS wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:13 pm Any coaching changes for the up coming season?
If you go by recent history, either Adena or Huntington. However, I doubt that they make a move, as Adena has had 4 coaches in 4 years and Huntington was on their 3rd coach in 3 years.

Huntington’s coach understands the community, so I think he’ll have a chance to put his stamp on the program.

Adena seemed to be figuring things out towards the end of the season and have a lot of kids back.

I’d love to see a few years of no turnover in coaches in the league to get some consistency in the programs to raise the level of play.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I will have a interview today from a three sport athlete from Paint Valley

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Anyone have any info on what SE has coming back?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mackdog wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:27 pm Anyone have any info on what SE has coming back?
Good combo with QB Pfeifer and WR Cheadle

Hopefully enough to win a few games since it’s been so tough since Ruby graduated.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

1) Unioto- half to replace hoops on offense but return a lot on both sides especially linemen
2) pv/zt winner- both teams lose lineman but return some key skill guys
3) loser of 2
4) piketon- qb is back but they lose a lot and struggled vs the top three
5) Adena looks like 5 coaches in 5 years but return 44 best back in league imo and lot of big boys if Thomas comes back to call plays I could see them challenging piketon
6) westfall- they lost a lot but I really like their coach
7) southeastern- maybe more talent coming back than westfall but they have to prove it on the field not impressed with the coaching
8) Huntington- lose their best players and program is not in a good spot

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:50 am 1) Unioto- half to replace hoops on offense but return a lot on both sides especially linemen
2) pv/zt winner- both teams lose lineman but return some key skill guys
3) loser of 2
4) piketon- qb is back but they lose a lot and struggled vs the top three
5) Adena looks like 5 coaches in 5 years but return 44 best back in league imo and lot of big boys if Thomas comes back to call plays I could see them challenging piketon
6) westfall- they lost a lot but I really like their coach
7) southeastern- maybe more talent coming back than westfall but they have to prove it on the field not impressed with the coaching
8) Huntington- lose their best players and program is not in a good spot
Piketon lost 2-3 skilled players but I think that's throwing you off a bit Piketon only had 6 seniors so the notion that they lost a lot simply isn't true. The guys they lost leave some big shoes to fill. Any time a team is replacing a QB who done as much for the team as Hoops did they're going to take a step back it's just the reality of it. Didn't Unioto lose about 3 starters on that OL as well??

The way it sits right now:
1) PV--Return Robertson and Free 2 of the best players in SVC I think they finally take the title
2) ZT/Unioto--ZT coach really started to get it going as the season went on but they lost a lot up front. Unioto lost some big guys up front as well as their QB.
3) Loser of #2
4) Piketon I really want to move Piketon up farther especially with returning so many players but it's hard to overlook the guys they lost, hard to replace an all state LB, plus I just need to see them get over the top 3 in the SVC before I can feel comfortable moving them up.
5) Adena I'm with you on they return quite a bit but they do lose the speed back and I think Piketon and Adena will battle it out for the 4/5 spot.
6) Southeastern I just believe they have more coming back than what Westfall does
7) Westfall extremely tough for them to replace all of that offensive production they lost from the QB graduating.
8) Huntington is Huntington they had a small run couple years ago they'll have to wait awhile for another one.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I expect Unioto to be better than last year if we don’t go 10-0 it would be a disappointment. As for pv they do have some good players back but they lose all their lineman and free has caught 3 balls in two years on us.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:33 am I expect Unioto to be better than last year if we don’t go 10-0 it would be a disappointment. As for pv they do have some good players back but they lose all their lineman and free has caught 3 balls in two years on us.
I think I'd be surprised if you went 10-0, trying to replace Hoops at QB is a tall task especially if the JV guy I seen this past season is to be the main guy. But I believe you have another backup QB who will be a senior. VC will continue to improve and minus a couple big plays last year by Unioto could've easily pulled out that win, AC will be another team that continues to improve, Waverly could be a tossup if you guys have the beef up front you should be favored they'll possibly be starting 2 freshman on the OL and have to replace a major part of their offense in Hurd. Free only catching 3 balls in 2 years isn't really a concern as Free might not even be the one catching it this year depending how the QB battle unfolds.

PT Playa
Waterboy

Post by PT Playa »

Piketon should make some noise this year, while losing the seniors they did, they return a big core of their skills players in Wilson at RB, Gullion at QB and Thacker at WR. Big shoes to replace on defense at middle backer and d end, but the to be junior class has a lot of depth! Will be fun to watch them this year.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Looks like it is confirmed Adena new coach that is 5 in 5 seasons what is going on there

oldballcoach
Waterboy

Post by oldballcoach »

Adena will look much different this year compared to the past couple of seasons. With Hurtt and Thomas returning to the sidelines I'm sure they will resemble old school Adena teams of the past. Run the ball, play action pass, but will they have the OL to do that is the big question. I predict 5-6 wins for the two shade blue in 2024.

2pvfballers
Waterboy

Post by 2pvfballers »

How will the U fair against the other schools in their conference their size? Asking before they start bragging about beating up against D6 schools and flop in the playoffs.
#WhosClintonMassie
#DoItForUrbana

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

2pvfballers wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:26 pm How will the U fair against the other schools in their conference their size? Asking before they start bragging about beating up against D6 schools and flop in the playoffs.
#WhosClintonMassie
#DoItForUrbana
All you have to do is get through few more seasons then you won’t have to worry about us anymore and you will have to cry about zt beating up all the little schools

2pvfballers
Waterboy

Post by 2pvfballers »

Uuuuuu
Last edited by 2pvfballers on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2pvfballers
Waterboy

Post by 2pvfballers »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:20 pm
2pvfballers wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:26 pm How will the U fair against the other schools in their conference their size? Asking before they start bragging about beating up against D6 schools and flop in the playoffs.
#WhosClintonMassie
#DoItForUrbana
All you have to do is get through few more seasons then you won’t have to worry about us anymore and you will have to cry about zt beating up all the little schools

You didn’t answer my question. And perhaps you could comment about the U losing in the first round of the playoffs the last 2 years while PV didn’t. (5-5 Clinton Massie)

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

The other big teams in the conference, westfall, zt, piketon, I think we will win those games. For us to win in region 16 we would need to play another seo team like waverly, Washington ch, greenfield. To compete with the other region 16 teams we would need to improve our program drastically. Right now it comes down to luck of the draw. We could compete with those teams but even teams like Dunbar or Urbana have guys we just don’t have.

Return to “Football”