November 17, 2023 Harvest Prep 22 - 0 Wheelersburg

RBH23
S

Re: November 17, 2023 Harvest Prep 22 - 0 Wheelersburg

Post by RBH23 »

TomUnessa wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:41 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:12 pm Not surprised Prep won, but surprised to see Burg offense being a complete no-show tonight. Real question marks for the Burg offense going into offseason with all the talent they losing to graduation. Defense should be solid as usual. Good luck to Prep next week.*
I personally hoping #11 for Burg gets more Carries in backfield next year. Kids solid and plays hard. It’s in his blood lol his dad sure could run the ball for Burg back around 99. Emnett along with Brown and Cunningham should make a nice trio for Burg next year.
His dad was a helluva back! Was surprised he didn’t play college ball. Kid could run!!

#11 is going to be a good one!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:12 pm Not surprised Prep won, but surprised to see Burg offense being a complete no-show tonight. Real question marks for the Burg offense going into offseason with all the talent they losing to graduation. Defense should be solid as usual. Good luck to Prep next week.*
I personally hoping #11 for Burg gets more Carries in backfield next year. Kids solid and plays hard. It’s in his blood lol his dad sure could run the ball for Burg back around 99. Emnett along with Brown and Cunningham should make a nice trio for Burg next year.

I agree!!! Hard nose runner!!

Congratulations HP on the win. Way to much speed for Burg trying to go side to side.

Heard Burg was missing two starting O-linemen!! Don’t know if it would have mattered but losing 2 starters is never a good thing.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Whatever, you dog Ironton also—-keep pumping that ego bro!!

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:53 pm

Congratulations HP on the win. Way to much speed for Burg trying to go side to side.

Heard Burg was missing two starting O-linemen!! Don’t know if it would have mattered but losing 2 starters is never a good thing.
Heard that also but I don’t think it would of mattered. Prep was just the flat out better football team. I was impressed with their speed and their tackling.
Only thing I hate about high school football season is that it goes by too fast lol.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:55 pm Whatever, you dog Ironton also—-keep pumping that ego bro!!
great season for Wheelersburg. They got better each week. Of course when the SOC started, hard not to get better. Burg got a great draw and made the most of it. However, most that has seen all year knew this was a formality.HP should have probably lost to Ironton. Either way, HP may win this week and then will
lose to the northern representative

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:55 pm Whatever, you dog Ironton also—-keep pumping that ego bro!!
Yes, I’ve criticized IHS for their coaching problems as well. Is it better if we just ignore coaching when it’s bad? Never hold coaches accountable for results?

Maybe I’m mistaken, but I thought coaches were paid to win. Are you saying that doesn’t matter? Coaches should never be held accountable? Never be criticized? Just accept bad play calling, etc? If that’s the new norm, things have obviously changed at Burg and IHS.

Sorry, I’ll try to be more sensitive and less critical. Let me start with this:

https://y.yarn.co/ade442ce-149d-4314-ae ... e_text.gif

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Great season by Burg just ran into a better team and 2 o linemen out didn't help anything but congrats to HP they played a great defensive game so good luck to them against perry and a regional runner up trophy ain't bad Go Burg

Burg grad 85
Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:30 pm Great season by Burg just ran into a better team and 2 o linemen out didn't help anything but congrats to HP they played a great defensive game so good luck to them against perry and a regional runner up trophy ain't bad Go Burg
Yes great season! On the injured lineman, Burg lost #75 week one at Ironton with a season ending knee injury, #74 week 6 with a non football health issue, #72 last week , and #70 who has been filling in at guard and doing a nice job sits in a Columbus hospital. So actually they are down 4 lineman but all are juniors so hopefully will return next season!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I realize the end result was not what you had hoped for. I still think that you had a great season, and I just wonder how many other schools would just love to be able to say that they went that far in the playoffs.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:53 pm

Effort by some on Oline just wasn’t there. Going through the motions

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

You recruit. No you recruit. No you recruit. Well you recruit more. Well guess what . You both recruit and obviously neither one recruits very well because prep is going to the final 4 and Ironton and burg are getting out the basketballs. But if it makes you both feel better substandard recruiting has saved both schools from the terrible embarrassment that prep is going to face next week against Perry.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Congrats to prep. Two injuries on oline didn’t help but prep played well

SOC champs. Regional runner up. Great season. Good luck seniors.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paulcrew wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:01 pm
great season for Wheelersburg. They got better each week. Of course when the SOC started, hard not to get better. Burg got a great draw and made the most of it. However, most that has seen all year knew this was a formality.HP should have probably lost to Ironton. Either way, HP may win this week and then will
Seen this should’ve lost to Ironton stuff, they did play each other right?? HP was up 20-0 right? Ironton lone offensive TD came on a broken play TD correct?? Where’s should’ve come into play at?? Ironton had no offense and again they did play the game correct?? Gotta be some crazy ppl out there in a time warp for saying it. I mean they played each other HP won pretty cut and dry.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

LOL. With all the recruiting Ironton and Burg does, These recruits can make a difference in games played against the OVC and SOC because these leagues are very weak overall besides 1 year wonders from maybe West, Waverly and Fairland, Gallia. But outside these two recruiting even more they will be second fiddle because the local talent in each school is not up to par in region or state. I see now a excuse is 2 linemen out, lol, go ahead and believe that would made a difference in outcome. I see above poster made a 1-9 against opponents that has at least equal talent and not the talent of these weak league teams you all play. Question , What's the only way that these teams can be competitive outside weak league games! Hmmmmmm recruit more and better recruits maybe! or drop out of league, like Ironton, which in long run I believe is bad decision. What will Ironton do down the road if Coach takes another job and recruits dry up, then what! Im sure local kids are really not happy that outside players coming in. Its my opinion, which everybody here has there opinions. But Congrats to both Ironton and Wheelersburg for being regional contenders.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:22 am
Seen this should’ve lost to Ironton stuff, they did play each other right?? HP was up 20-0 right? Ironton lone offensive TD came on a broken play TD correct?? Where’s should’ve come into play at?? Ironton had no offense and again they did play the game correct?? Gotta be some crazy ppl out there in a time warp for saying it. I mean they played each other HP won pretty cut and dry.
Ironton could have stole it from prep but you’re right prep beat Ironton. Was not a fluke

Tri_State69
Waterboy

Post by Tri_State69 »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:45 am LOL. With all the recruiting Ironton and Burg does, These recruits can make a difference in games played against the OVC and SOC because these leagues are very weak overall besides 1 year wonders from maybe West, Waverly and Fairland, Gallia. But outside these two recruiting even more they will be second fiddle because the local talent in each school is not up to par in region or state. I see now a excuse is 2 linemen out, lol, go ahead and believe that would made a difference in outcome. I see above poster made a 1-9 against opponents that has at least equal talent and not the talent of these weak league teams you all play. Question , What's the only way that these teams can be competitive outside weak league games! Hmmmmmm recruit more and better recruits maybe! or drop out of league, like Ironton, which in long run I believe is bad decision. What will Ironton do down the road if Coach takes another job and recruits dry up, then what! Im sure local kids are really not happy that outside players coming in. Its my opinion, which everybody here has there opinions. But Congrats to both Ironton and Wheelersburg for being regional contenders.
Recruit more? I think you drastically overestimate how much “recruiting” truly goes on and drastically underestimate how population plays a huge factor. Tally up the population of all 4 counties that border Scioto and compare them to Hamilton, Franklin etc. It’s difficult to consistently field a state championship quality team from this area because of said population.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the Pirates on another good season.

What/how many starters return for next season?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Prep was the best team in the region when the playoffs started, followed by Ironton then Wheelersburg , Ironton had to play prep first so Wheelersburg got another week of football. Ironton was a little bit better week 1 and not much changed weeks 11-14 as indicated by the scores. Good seasons by all .

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Lol in the last 2 seasons

Vs Ironton 0 - 2
Vs Jackson 0 - 2
Vs West 1 - 1
Vs Prep 0 - 4

How did they "get better as the season went on?" You just say stuff to say it. Meaningless empty platitudes.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:23 am Congratulations to the Pirates on another good season.

What/how many starters return for next season?
They lost to every good team lmao

Return to “Football”