November 3, 2023 Wheelersburg 34 - 0 Portsmouth

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: Trojans vs the Burg

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

packers80 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:29 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:54 pm
packers80 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:44 pm
Agreed. If PHS loses to spring valley, not much repurcussion is going to follow. Lose to BURG, local team, and there will be a bit of noise. Even though spring valley is a much bigger school it a bit easier to take when they lose to them. BURG would've kept playing them but they backed out. The spring valley argument is irrelevant.
I’ve heard Portsmouth called Burg a few years back and Burg only wanted a 1 year contract and to be at home.
Doubt it
Good thing I didn’t ask if you believe it :)

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

I heard no cannon for the Pirates this week…

WWE HALL OF FAME
Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

MrPerfect wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:29 pm I heard no cannon for the Pirates this week…
How about milk jugs? Lol

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Oldtimer55 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:47 pm
MrPerfect wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:29 pm I heard no cannon for the Pirates this week…
How about milk jugs? Lol
Not sure?

WWE HALL OF FAME
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Your about too on friday!!!

Burg grad 85
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Cannon is my favorite part of burg and I love the announcer

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Rumor has it the crows nest may have been damaged

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Burg by 21, might see a running clock. This W vs Fairland is getting blown WAY out of proportion. That was the weakest 2 seed we've seen in some time.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:53 am Burg by 21, might see a running clock. This W vs Fairland is getting blown WAY out of proportion. That was the weakest 2 seed we've seen in some time.
Pretty dumb comment. Other than 1 person trolling I’ve not seen anyone pick Portsmouth over the Burg. So why the comment on the Fairland game? Not sure how a come from behind victory over a rival conference school who beat you 3 weeks ago, as the 2 seed, you as the 15 is blown out of proportion. Clearly it was an upset win, but don’t act like Fairland wasn’t any good. Their passing attack was really good. But remember this idiotic comment in a few weeks when Burg gets the doors blown off them by HP or Ironton. Then we can say the win over Portsmouth or Barnesville is being over hyped. Burg isn’t as good as you think they are chump.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:09 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:53 am Burg by 21, might see a running clock. This W vs Fairland is getting blown WAY out of proportion. That was the weakest 2 seed we've seen in some time.
Pretty dumb comment. Other than 1 person trolling I’ve not seen anyone pick Portsmouth over the Burg. So why the comment on the Fairland game? Not sure how a come from behind victory over a rival conference school who beat you 3 weeks ago, as the 2 seed, you as the 15 is blown out of proportion. Clearly it was an upset win, but don’t act like Fairland wasn’t any good. Their passing attack was really good. But remember this idiotic comment in a few weeks when Burg gets the doors blown off them by HP or Ironton. Then we can say the win over Portsmouth or Barnesville is being over hyped. Burg isn’t as good as you think they are chump.
How is that a dumb comment? This game will be a blowout. I'll give ya PHS +21 and you can DM your Venmo then bubby, because Fairland in fact, was a very very weak 2 seed.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:57 am
How is that a dumb comment? This game will be a blowout. I'll give ya PHS +21 and you can DM your Venmo then bubby, because Fairland in fact, was a very very weak 2 seed.
How was it dumb? Hell idk tough guy maybe because it has nothing to do with this game. Once again I’ll remind you nobody has said Portsmouth will win this game other than a troll. So I’m not sure why you’re discrediting a good win over Fairland as it has nothing to do with this game other than making it happen and giving Burg a home game. Maybe you don’t know how to read? Maybe you’re too lazy to read. But if you go through these comments numerous people have said Burgs defense is better, they’ll stuff the run so on and so forth. So the dumb comment saying a huge win is being blown out of proportion is in fact dumb.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:38 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:57 am

How was it dumb? Hell idk tough guy maybe because it has nothing to do with this game. Once again I’ll remind you nobody has said Portsmouth will win this game other than a troll. So I’m not sure why you’re discrediting a good win over Fairland as it has nothing to do with this game other than making it happen and giving Burg a home game. Maybe you don’t know how to read? Maybe you’re too lazy to read. But if you go through these comments numerous people have said Burgs defense is better, they’ll stuff the run so on and so forth. So the dumb comment saying a huge win is being blown out of proportion is in fact dumb.
:lol: you literally just made my point, it was not a good win. PHS shouldn't even have been in the situation to where they are able to play this game Friday. They pulled a win out, good job by them. But that Fairland team was a weak 2 seed. The computer points system needs reworked, Fairland should have been closer to an 8 seed in this region, and in most years (prior to COVID expansion) PHS wouldn't have even been in the playoffs. Hence why the win vs Fairland is being "blown out of proportion".

Like I said, Burg wins this one by 21+ and probably puts a running clock on them.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:25 pm Sanderlin leaving Burg was a huge blow to the Burg football team. He was one of the best LB's I'd seen play at Burg for awhile. I think it was a huge mistake by him because he was a WAY better football player than basketball. From what I had heard, the Burg basketball coach, Ater told him he was D1 basketball player and he should quit football to concentrate on basketball. Not only was he not a D1 basketball player but it backfired on Ater as Sanderlin left to play B-ball at Portsmouth.

IMO I think he had a legit shot to play football at the next level. Ater really messed that kid up!!

Talked to Kenny several times over the two years he was at Portsmouth,he just didn't have no desire to play football anymore at all , he wasn't even looking at a basketball scholarship to play basketball after high school ,Kenny is not only a great athlete but a great student he was already taking classes at Shawnee State when he came back to Portsmouth and that is where he is now.

He's dad told us it was more about all the driving back and forth to burg because they remained living in Portsmouth.
His younger brother also came back,so I'm sure that more of the reason for coming back other then thinking he was going to go D1 , especially in basketball.

The game??

One more day and it will be in the books ,at least it's going to be warm 😆

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

biggdowgg wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:19 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:25 pm Sanderlin leaving Burg was a huge blow to the Burg football team. He was one of the best LB's I'd seen play at Burg for awhile. I think it was a huge mistake by him because he was a WAY better football player than basketball. From what I had heard, the Burg basketball coach, Ater told him he was D1 basketball player and he should quit football to concentrate on basketball. Not only was he not a D1 basketball player but it backfired on Ater as Sanderlin left to play B-ball at Portsmouth.

IMO I think he had a legit shot to play football at the next level. Ater really messed that kid up!!

Talked to Kenny several times over the two years he was at Portsmouth,he just didn't have no desire to play football anymore at all , he wasn't even looking at a basketball scholarship to play basketball after high school ,Kenny is not only a great athlete but a great student he was already taking classes at Shawnee State when he came back to Portsmouth and that is where he is now.

He's dad told us it was more about all the driving back and forth to burg because they remained living in Portsmouth.
His younger brother also came back,so I'm sure that more of the reason for coming back other then thinking he was going to go D1 , especially in basketball.

The game??

One more day and it will be in the books ,at least it's going to be warm 😆

That's sad he didn't want to play football anymore because he was one of the better ones at Burg. Good LB as a Sophomore.

I'll take that kind of weather the first of November. I think the place will be packed.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Man these burg fans best hope they win or this thread is gonna age like milk lmao 🤣

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:54 pm Man these burg fans best hope they win or this thread is gonna age like milk lmao 🤣
Why is that?? Anyone who knows anything about high school football in this area knows that Burg is a huge favorite in this game I think the spread right now on joeeitel.com is 33 points so it would take a monumental meltdown for Burg to lose or if PHS plays out of their minds to make it close. I give PHS props for being in this game they beat a pretty good Fairland team who was 2nd in the OVC . I just hope for a great injury free game and hopefully Portsmouth brings a big crowd . And GO BURG !!!!!

Burg grad 85
Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

scott1297 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:03 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:54 pm Man these burg fans best hope they win or this thread is gonna age like milk lmao 🤣
Why is that?? Anyone who knows anything about high school football in this area knows that Burg is a huge favorite in this game I think the spread right now on joeeitel.com is 33 points so it would take a monumental meltdown for Burg to lose or if PHS plays out of their minds to make it close. I give PHS props for being in this game they beat a pretty good Fairland team who was 2nd in the OVC . I just hope for a great injury free game and hopefully Portsmouth brings a big crowd . And GO BURG !!!!!
In the past few seasons the ovc has been the better conference. This is gonna be a very good game imo.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:38 pm
scott1297 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:03 pm
In the past few seasons the ovc has been the better conference. This is gonna be a very good game imo.
Yep. Bet it's a mollywhopper.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

That’s just Fairland in general. No toughness

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I’d love for the Trojans to win, I don’t think it happens. But man you’re absolutely right. Imagine the uproar on here if Burg got upset. The Burg community would be in shambles, they’d shut down school for a week and provide counseling to anyone who needs it. Would be glorious.

Return to “Football”