SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Athens to TSL

Post by EasternDspy »

I think they are the perfect fit.

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Athens to TSL

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:25 pm I think they are the perfect fit.
I don’t see Athens leaving a conference that is 54 years old for a new league. Athens is also the largest member by far of the TVC and is pretty much in the center of the conference geographically. If they were dominating the TVC in every sport, I could see them making a move. I do think Athens will be one of the favorites next year in football for a TVC title.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Who outside of Athens is the TSL looking at for a potential member?

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Athens would be a great fit for the TSL. Problem is they are also a great fit in the TVC, which like Dundas said is the far more stable, established league. Just don't see it happening, unfortunately. Same problem with Morgan and most of the other candidates.

I know there was discussion of Athens and Alexander joining as soccer only members, but that doesn't really apply here in the football forum.

The two schools I'd like to see added are Ripley and Williamstown. Afterall, we are the TWIN State League.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I’m trolling. I do think matchups with Marietta , Point and Warren are better than matchups with Wellston , River Valley and Alexander as competitive point of view.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I feel Marietta is on the upswing in their sports programs and Warren is Warren. Point Pleasant can be good at times and Fort Frye does compete in most of their sports. Athens would be a good add to the TSL. It would get them away from a two-division conference and allow them to play a few top teams from the TVC. If Athens made this move it is possible a few other teams near their size would join the TSL. I like leagues/conferences to just be one division. Seven conference games plus three non-conference games. Athens to Marietta isn't that bad of a trip. With the schools in the area of Athens being a near one hour drive they probably would be the most western school with good traveling highways.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:26 pm I feel Marietta is on the upswing in their sports programs and Warren is Warren. Point Pleasant can be good at times and Fort Frye does compete in most of their sports. Athens would be a good add to the TSL. It would get them away from a two-division conference and allow them to play a few top teams from the TVC. If Athens made this move it is possible a few other teams near their size would join the TSL. I like leagues/conferences to just be one division. Seven conference games plus three non-conference games. Athens to Marietta isn't that bad of a trip. With the schools in the area of Athens being a near one hour drive they probably would be the most western school with good traveling highways.
I agree with you.

Fort
Logan
Marietta
Warren
Athens
Point

That’s a great league that helps you come week 11.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Athens playing River Valley and Wellston is pointless.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:35 pm
noreply66 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:26 pm I feel Marietta is on the upswing in their sports programs and Warren is Warren. Point Pleasant can be good at times and Fort Frye does compete in most of their sports. Athens would be a good add to the TSL. It would get them away from a two-division conference and allow them to play a few top teams from the TVC. If Athens made this move it is possible a few other teams near their size would join the TSL. I like leagues/conferences to just be one division. Seven conference games plus three non-conference games. Athens to Marietta isn't that bad of a trip. With the schools in the area of Athens being a near one hour drive they probably would be the most western school with good traveling highways.
I agree with you.

Fort
Logan
Marietta
Warren
Athens
Point

Would Logan join? Could they join? Is there a fee if they leave the OCC early?

I don’t disagree, that would be a pretty solid league. Again, I just don’t see Athens leaving a conference where they drive 10 minutes to 2 conference opponents, 30 minutes to 3 others and 35 minutes to the last conference opponent. The only thing the TVC has as a downfall is the odd number. It makes teams schedule a late non conference opponent late in the year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dundas wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:44 pm
I agree with you.

Fort
Logan
Marietta
Warren
Athens
Point

I don’t disagree, that would be a pretty solid league. Again, I just don’t see Athens leaving a conference where they drive 10 minutes to 2 conference opponents, 30 minutes to 3 others and 35 minutes to the last conference opponent. The only thing the TVC has as a downfall is the odd number. It makes teams schedule a late non conference opponent late in the year.

I’m not sure but they have no chance in new league.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:02 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:44 pm

I agree with you.

Fort
Logan
Marietta
Warren
Athens
Point

I’m not sure but they have no chance in new league.
I don’t disagree with you there.

Thegreenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Thegreenwave »

Would love to see Gallia Academy make the move.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jackson
Logan
Athens
Warren
The Gallia Academy
Marietta
Ironton

That would be a great league

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:43 pm Jackson
Logan
Athens
Warren
The Gallia Academy
Marietta
Ironton

That would be a great league
So basically SEOAL circa 2008

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Parkersburg is considering joining for all sports but football.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Warren is Warren 😂 !!! They’re going to be a lot better next year in football!! I think Athens and Jackson would fit perfectly I also agree with Logan joining or maybe Williamstown!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:52 pm
Warren is Warren 😂 !!! They’re going to be a lot better next year in football!! I think Athens and Jackson would fit perfectly I also agree with Logan joining or maybe Williamstown!
Warren has averaged 3 wins a year since 2000. I’m not sure you want Jackson on your schedule. Since 1992, Warren is 1-16 Vs Jackson with a lone 3 point win in 1998. Warren has also lost 8 straight games against Athens.

Just for giggles. Warren hasn’t beaten Williamstown since 1980.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Dundas wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:13 pm
Warren has averaged 3 wins a year since 2000. I’m not sure you want Jackson on your schedule. Since 1992, Warren is 1-16 Vs Jackson with a lone 3 point win in 1998. Warren has also lost 8 straight games against Athens.

Just for giggles. Warren hasn’t beaten Williamstown since 1980.
Logan has also owned them over the years

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

It is true. Warren is Warren. They can beat teams with losing records no problem. When they face good teams, they are still behind and will be even next year with their entire team coming back. Fairfield Union had a junior RB run at will against them. John Marshall had a sophomore QB, Fort Frye will beat them regardless, knowing they started freshmen this year and Miller will be back. Point Pleasant had a third string QB playing. For Warren to be what their fans want they will need to drop the teams who beat them this year and add more TVC teams. On a bright note. They should beat Marietta next year. And FYI. Jackson would beat the brakes off of Warren.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Add Athens, Jackson, Gallia, and Logan. Call it East Southern Ohio Athletic Conference

Return to “Football”