October 13, 2023 Unioto 45 - 7 Paint Valley

Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Re: SVC Chip (7-1) Unioto - (7-1) Paint Valley

Post by Tanks3232 »

PVBearcat2012 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:26 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:01 pm Still ppl out there that think divisions matter lol
I mean, I don't think it should really be an excuse, but the reality is that schools with more kids should be better in most sports due to the higher number of student-athletes to choose from. For example, if PV doesn't have a good athlete come out, then there most likely is not another kid of similar talent level coming up to replace him. That is not always the case with bigger schools, like Unioto and Chillicothe for example.
Shows how good PV has been since they’ve won the league 5+ times since Unioto has

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Heart wants Paint Valley to win, however Waverly would like a Unioto win for those points

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

School size rarely maters when these two play. PV has dominated the last 30 years

Fatdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Fatdog »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:01 pm Still ppl out there that think divisions matter lol
I mean, I don't think it should really be an excuse, but the reality is that schools with more kids should be better in most sports due to the higher number of student-athletes to choose from. For example, if PV doesn't have a good athlete come out, then there most likely is not another kid of similar talent level coming up to replace him. That is not always the case with bigger schools, like Unioto and Chillicothe for example.
Last edited by Fatdog on Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeyD
Waterboy

Post by JoeyD »

D4 against a D6 school for the conference championship. Name me another conference were this is happening. Unioto needs to join the FAC and dominate that conference? As for the game I'm going with Coach Dye and the Bearcats!

Fatdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Fatdog »

And just because you have one of the highest Competitive Balance numbers in all of Southern Ohio doesn’t always mean much either. PV has a higher number than Wheelersburg and Ironton who catch all kinds of grief. So just based on the competitive balance number I say PV by 2 scores 🤣

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

HamPorter wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:06 pm School size rarely maters when these two play. PV has dominated the last 30 years
Paint Valley and NY have won plenty of their conference titles over the years. School size does matter but some programs just churn out wins no matter what.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

If school size matters so much why is the d7 champ good enough to win d4 title too? I can name lots of lower division teams that could come down here and run ppl. It’s more about the team not division. Otherwise ppl would yell at Jackson for playing burg and ironton. It’s easy to throw stones at Unioto, they are the most hated team around here and I don’t know why. Usually ppl hate on winners but we haven’t won so idk.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:52 pm If school size matters so much why is the d7 champ good enough to win d4 title too? I can name lots of lower division teams that could come down here and run ppl. It’s more about the team not division. Otherwise ppl would yell at Jackson for playing burg and ironton. It’s easy to throw stones at Unioto, they are the most hated team around here and I don’t know why. Usually ppl hate on winners but we haven’t won so idk.
I agree with the fact that some programs are just built to win. Regardless of size. Paint Valley, Nelsonville York and Trimble are programs in seo that just win. Being a bigger school has its advantages no doubt, but tradition and expectations can mean just as much. I told the Unioto coaches after week 1 to go get that svc title. I think they will. Hopefully VC can get the TVC as well. Good luck tanks. If you win, you may not get credit. But you’ll win. Just win.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:52 pm If school size matters so much why is the d7 champ good enough to win d4 title too? I can name lots of lower division teams that could come down here and run ppl. It’s more about the team not division. Otherwise ppl would yell at Jackson for playing burg and ironton. It’s easy to throw stones at Unioto, they are the most hated team around here and I don’t know why. Usually ppl hate on winners but we haven’t won so idk.

I’d say Glenville would beat the D7 champ

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

You guys are talking about division size and it some places and cases it might matter, and some of you are mentioning how PV has won the SVC x-amount of times and Unioto hasn't. Thing is it's still the SVC they're winning, I'm sorry but it's simply the reality of it all most years the SVC has what 2 teams that are competing for the title in a 7 team league and this year the bottom half is just bad. PV I think most can agree that football is king and even though they're a lower division they're still pulling the top guys out to play. Where Unioto is a bit more rounded in their sports and guys that are studs in say basketball aren't coming out to play football, that's the part most are missing. I'd say if you look at the numbers in terms of impact players per student enrollment PV is probably at the top for the SVC it's how they've been able to sustain success for so long, I mean look at all the new things being done and bought for the team.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:45 pm You guys are talking about division size and it some places and cases it might matter, and some of you are mentioning how PV has won the SVC x-amount of times and Unioto hasn't. Thing is it's still the SVC they're winning, I'm sorry but it's simply the reality of it all most years the SVC has what 2 teams that are competing for the title in a 7 team league and this year the bottom half is just bad. PV I think most can agree that football is king and even though they're a lower division they're still pulling the top guys out to play. Where Unioto is a bit more rounded in their sports and guys that are studs in say basketball aren't coming out to play football, that's the part most are missing. I'd say if you look at the numbers in terms of impact players per student enrollment PV is probably at the top for the SVC it's how they've been able to sustain success for so long, I mean look at all the new things being done and bought for the team.
Unioto has soccer, does paint valley?

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Dundas wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:52 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:45 pm You guys are talking about division size and it some places and cases it might matter, and some of you are mentioning how PV has won the SVC x-amount of times and Unioto hasn't. Thing is it's still the SVC they're winning, I'm sorry but it's simply the reality of it all most years the SVC has what 2 teams that are competing for the title in a 7 team league and this year the bottom half is just bad. PV I think most can agree that football is king and even though they're a lower division they're still pulling the top guys out to play. Where Unioto is a bit more rounded in their sports and guys that are studs in say basketball aren't coming out to play football, that's the part most are missing. I'd say if you look at the numbers in terms of impact players per student enrollment PV is probably at the top for the SVC it's how they've been able to sustain success for so long, I mean look at all the new things being done and bought for the team.
Unioto has soccer, does paint valley?

No they do not

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:19 pm

I’d say Glenville would beat the D7 champ
Maybe but they would beat every wbl school and van wert had glenville beat they catch the 2 point conversion they win that game. You could pick a Wapakoneta or van wert over Marion local but if you do I know you have never seen them live or you wouldn’t make that pic

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

Dundas wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:38 pm
I agree with the fact that some programs are just built to win. Regardless of size. Paint Valley, Nelsonville York and Trimble are programs in seo that just win. Being a bigger school has its advantages no doubt, but tradition and expectations can mean just as much. I told the Unioto coaches after week 1 to go get that svc title. I think they will. Hopefully VC can get the TVC as well. Good luck tanks. If you win, you may not get credit. But you’ll win. Just win.
The bold and underlined part is basically the point I was trying to make. The reason PV is able to consistently win is because football matters in the valley - always has and always will.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

PVBearcat2012 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:37 am
Dundas wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:38 pm
The bold and underlined part is basically the point I was trying to make. The reason PV is able to consistently win is because football matters in the valley - always has and always will.
True statement for sure. Things are slowly coming around for us. Lot more fans at the games and more kids coming out that didn’t before. We just need to keep building and winning till eventually we have a d4 program.

JoeyD
Waterboy

Post by JoeyD »

If size doesn't matter, why have 7 divisons in football?Or 4 in basketball?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Roll tanks roll

Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Post by Tanks3232 »

Unioto 45
PV 7

Was never close. PV had 2 long runs and that was about it.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Called it! Congrats Unioto!

Return to “Football”