Re: River Valley - Athens

Post by noreply66 »

Athens gets another W.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Bulldogs with the easy win over the Raiders.

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

Athens by 40+

RV really needs to figure out a way to get more kids to go out for the football team so they can learn to compete within which will translate to more wins on Friday night.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

The County Resident wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:50 pm Athens by 40+

RV really needs to figure out a way to get more kids to go out for the football team so they can learn to compete within which will translate to more wins on Friday night.
Talking to some parents last night from RV, it’s the coaching that is driving some of the better athletes in the school into not playing. One said they have a junior at the school that said if the head coach from last year was back, which he is, that he and his group of friends wouldn’t play.

Also heard that Simmons, who was supposedly coming to the staff, came in for a week and said he couldn’t work with him. Does anyone know anymore details on this situation with Simmons? I Thought he could have been a huge asset to the program.

a-trainsalomone
Riding the Bench

Post by a-trainsalomone »

Athens Bulldogs with a massive win

PVWC Sports Fanatic
Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

I think Athens will win.

However, River Valley may see some improvements in the next few seasons. River Valley’s JV secured a win Monday
Over Vinton County’s JV.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Sggrad06 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:24 am

Talking to some parents last night from RV, it’s the coaching that is driving some of the better athletes in the school into not playing. One said they have a junior at the school that said if the head coach from last year was back, which he is, that he and his group of friends wouldn’t play.

Also heard that Simmons, who was supposedly coming to the staff, came in for a week and said he couldn’t work with him. Does anyone know anymore details on this situation with Simmons? I Thought he could have been a huge asset to the program.
All that really says is that the group of kids who decided to stay away dont REALLY love football.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good luck RV 👍

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck Raiders!

Go Raiders, Beat Bulldogs!

Rebel Yell
Riding the Bench

Post by Rebel Yell »

Sggrad06 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:24 am

I’m pretty sure I know who you’re referring to and that kid couldn’t start on the JV nor could his “friends.” That’s why they didn’t play but they blame the coach and mommy and daddy support them. They don’t need to keep changing coaches. They need a culture change and it starts with the parents. JMHO

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

Rebel Yell wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:14 pm [quote=Sggrad06 post_id=2082299 time=<a href="tel:1697027089">1697027089</a> user_id=72]
[quote="The County Resident" post_id=2082034 time=<a href="tel:1696877450">1696877450</a> user_id=18809]
Athens by 40+

[/quote]

I’m pretty sure I know who you’re referring to and that kid couldn’t start on the JV nor could his “friends.” That’s why they didn’t play but they blame the coach and mommy and daddy support them. They don’t need to keep changing coaches. They need a culture change and it starts with the parents. JMHO
[/quote]

The young man I am referring to would easily start at line backer at either county school. And probably guard at RV. Would be a backup at SG at guard/center, I believe they have a good line with the starting 5 now. As for the friends, I have no idea.

I have heard and seen myself more negatives than positives about the coach.

I do agree they need to stick with a coach and parents will support a good coach, I am just not seeing that at RV right now. Cooper maybe a hell of a good assistant coach, which from what I’ve heard from people at other schools, he has been, but you can be a great assistant and not cut out for a head coaching gig. JMHO

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

The real problem at RV starts in the youth league with parents who tell their kids they are fantastic and coaches who think they can coach bc they played in school, or coach but don't teach proper techniques and by the time they get to jr hi/hs the kids think they know it all and won't listen to coaching and then won't play.
Need a head coach not from here that will coach or train coaches from youth up so that it feeds into the hs program, like Athens, NY and other schools that are good year after year. It is tough to get kids to come out to play when they've been on what, a 10 year loosing streak? My son played 7th -12th grade and they won maybe a dozen games in that time, but he loves the game so kept at it.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Have a little respect Athens 👎🔥

mattash
Site Admin

Re: October 13, 2023 River Valley 8 - 54 Athens

Post by mattash »

October 13, 2023 River Valley 8 - 54 Athens

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott