Varsity

Re: September 29, 2023 Vinton County - Northwest

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Vc 50-13

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

How is northwest haven’t seen or heard anything about them! If vc continues to play the way they have been I don’t think a team in the tvc comes close to touching them!

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Amock0905 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:54 pm How is northwest haven’t seen or heard anything about them! If vc continues to play the way they have been I don’t think a team in the tvc comes close to touching them!
2 wins on the year with two 1 point losses to McClain and Valley. VC will have to come ready to play Friday night.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Vikings by 5

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

Not worried about the Vikings defensively. Coach Carper and company has the boys flying around, makin plays.

Offensively… I absolute love what Coach Carper and company have been doing. The distribution of the ball to all the different playmakers has been what we’ve needed for years now. We aren’t only running at defenses anymore. We’re running at them, then countering and even PASSING THE BALL. Parker Shonborn has been quiet the surprise of a QB this season. I love that the coaches aren’t overdoing the true work horse Garrett Brown too. Keeping him healthy for Week 9 is going to be huge.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Northwest comes to Vinton County for the first time ever. NW comes in to this one at 2-4 overall. Losing to McClain and Valley by 1 point each and dropping games to Wheelersburg and Minford by large margins. The Vikings are riding a 5 game winning streak after losing the first game of the year to Unioto by 1 point. VC needs this win to keep a home playoff game a possibility. NW must pick up a win in McArthur to stay alive for a possible playoff berth. SOC Vs TVC. This is also the first time the Vikings have played an SOC opponent since 2011. Vinton County is riding a 5 game winning streak, matching the 1999 vikings as the last team to win 5 straight. VC can match the 96 Vikings with 6 straight wins Friday night.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

VC rolls in this one. Next three weeks is going to be tough on the Mohawks.

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

Oak Hill doesn't want to play Burg, Northwest has never came to VC. I say swap opponents for the week for the betterment of general football fans. VC is probably not up to that level of a challenge yet, but it would be good if not great for ticket revenue. Heck, it would get me to go watch that game just for the experience.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Union Local Kid wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:41 pm Oak Hill doesn't want to play Burg, Northwest has never came to VC. I say swap opponents for the week for the betterment of general football fans. VC is probably not up to that level of a challenge yet, but it would be good if not great for ticket revenue. Heck, it would get me to go watch that game just for the experience.
How about oak hill just petition the TVC for membership?
They clearly don’t want to be in the big school soc. If they had a TVC schedule this year, they would be favored against RV, and Alexander. They lost a close game against Wellston in week 1 and they would be in contention with Meigs. What a difference it would make for the oaks. That’s the difference in an 0-10 season and a possible 4-6 year.

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

Dundas wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:45 pm
Union Local Kid wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:41 pm Oak Hill doesn't want to play Burg, Northwest has never came to VC. I say swap opponents for the week for the betterment of general football fans. VC is probably not up to that level of a challenge yet, but it would be good if not great for ticket revenue. Heck, it would get me to go watch that game just for the experience.
They clearly don’t want to be in the big school soc. If they had a TVC schedule this year, they would be favored against RV, and Alexander. They lost a close game against Wellston in week 1 and they would be in contention with Meigs. What a difference it would make for the oaks. That’s the difference in an 0-10 season and a possible 4-6 year.
Agreed. Good points here and in the long run this makes sense. I'm just saying for this week only, this would be fun to see.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Union Local Kid wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:02 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:45 pm
Agreed. Good points here and in the long run this makes sense. I'm just saying for this week only, this would be fun to see.
I agree. You would turn two potential blowouts into two potential decent games. I just don’t see how it can be done from a competition standpoint if it hasn’t been decided yet. Each team is already studying the other.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

You keep mentioning this, but OH and NW are already scheduled to play and VC would want zero part of Burg.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:03 pm
You keep mentioning this, but OH and NW are already scheduled to play and VC would want zero part of Burg.
I think VC would welcome a benchmark game against Wheelersburg but only if it were scheduled already. Flipping opponents 5 days before the game just doesn’t seem logical.

Ronnie Raygun
Waterboy

Post by Ronnie Raygun »

Vinton County by as many as they want. Northwest will possibly win one more game against Oak Hill, but I wouldn't be surprised if they've tasted their last victory or the season.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:16 pm
I think VC would welcome a benchmark game against Wheelersburg but only if it were scheduled already. Flipping opponents 5 days before the game just doesn’t seem logical.
I don’t know that VC would, I mean have their paths ever crossed?? Typically you don’t see VC signing any type of marquee bench mark team. They are working their way up and maybe we’ll see it here in the next couple years.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:02 pm

I don’t know that VC would, I mean have their paths ever crossed?? Typically you don’t see VC signing any type of marquee bench mark team. They are working their way up and maybe we’ll see it here in the next couple years.
Completely agree with the fact that VC is gaining traction and probably not ready for a Burg just yet. Back when VC was consistent, Jackson in week 3 was always the toughest game of the year. I think you will see a Burg, Jackson, Logan Elm on the schedule soon. VC just doesn’t need to make the same mistake they made in the mid 2000’s and schedule Bloom Carroll, Waverly, Gallia, and Jackson all in the same year. Lol

As for the possibility of VC vs burg Friday. If VC was dropped by NW and Burg was willing to travel to McArthur, I don’t see coach Carper saying no. Now with that said, I have heard nothing further on this and the Vikings are preparing to play NW. So I think it’s much to do about nothing at this point.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Go Vikes!!!!

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:12 pm

Completely agree with the fact that VC is gaining traction and probably not ready for a Burg just yet. Back when VC was consistent, Jackson in week 3 was always the toughest game of the year. I think you will see a Burg, Jackson, Logan Elm on the schedule soon. VC just doesn’t need to make the same mistake they made in the mid 2000’s and schedule Bloom Carroll, Waverly, Gallia, and Jackson all in the same year. Lol

As for the possibility of VC vs burg Friday. If VC was dropped by NW and Burg was willing to travel to McArthur, I don’t see coach Carper saying no. Now with that said, I have heard nothing further on this and the Vikings are preparing to play NW. So I think it’s much to do about nothing at this point.
Perhaps VC can take on GA in what's currently the Meigs slot in week 1 so Meigs can lose to Eastern or Southern :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:06 am
Dundas wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:12 pm

Perhaps VC can take on GA in what's currently the Meigs slot in week 1 so Meigs can lose to Eastern or Southern :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
😅

I would love to see Gallia back on the schedule. They have scrimmaged the last few years and obviously met up in the playoffs back in the covid season. I would hate to give up Unioto week one though. They are by far our biggest gate of the year besides Wellston.

Return to “Football”