Why An Ironton Victory Is The On!y Acceptable Outcome Saturday!

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Why An Ironton Victory Is The On!y Acceptable Outcome Saturday!

Post by Mr Shifty »

Let me spell this out for the naysayers and scoffers....

Why, why does Ironton have to win? They aren't only representing The Tigers, they will be, to those in West By golly Virginia, representing. Ohio football in general They see Ironton football highlights every week,year after year, on the local stations on Friday night sports,. Often, Ironton is especially showcased and they hear win, win, win.....

To walk in to Joan Edwards and be beaten will be humialting! Those boys need to play tomorrow like they've never played before. The reputation of Ohio is at stake. Its on their shoulders to carry the pride like e Roman soldiers did their Standard thousands of years ago. To let it touch the ground and be stolen would bring the worst shame imaginable!

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: Why An Ironton Victory Is The On!y Acceptable Outcome Saturday!

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Thats the only acceptable outcome every weekend.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

The only people on here who care what ironton does are the people from ironton

WinnerWinner
Waterboy

Post by WinnerWinner »

A loss will not hurt Ironton in anyway. Midland is 4x the size as Ironton. For it to be a win or bust situation for Ironton is just ludicrous. For Midland on the other hand a loss could be embarrassing knowing how small of a school Ironton is. IMO Midland should win this game by two scores.

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

Get the kid a step stool, went right over his head

Footballfan96
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan96 »

I watched the Alabama and Texas game all evening and not once did the break in with any score updates from this game OHHH wait a minute no one gives a flying f&$@ about Ironton except people from Ironton and where ever Pendleton gets his recruits

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

Mr Shifty wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:37 pm Let me spell this out for the naysayers and scoffers....

Why, why does Ironton have to win? They aren't only representing The Tigers, they will be, to those in West By golly Virginia, representing. Ohio football in general They see Ironton football highlights every week,year after year, on the local stations on Friday night sports,. Often, Ironton is especially showcased and they hear win, win, win.....

To walk in to Joan Edwards and be beaten will be humialting! Those boys need to play tomorrow like they've never played before. The reputation of Ohio is at stake. Its on their shoulders to carry the pride like e Roman soldiers did their Standard thousands of years ago. To let it touch the ground and be stolen would bring the worst shame imaginable!

Lol. Ahhh to wear those Tigger colored glasses... I'll lead with I understand that ohio being a state with 12 million has way better football than most of its neighbors.. at a state level.. but.. huntington high won a state title last yr...runner up the yr before.. spring valley has played in the finals twice in the last five or six yrs... Ashland..state runner up last yr.. Raceland...state runner up.. burg.. has the last state title in southeast Ohio in how long..? And not knocking Ironton as a program or a powerhouse... jus sayin they ain't the only successful team around... bein showcased on the local stations..or winning, winning, winning... lol. Take your orange glasses off and put down the ironton tribune..

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

WinnerWinner wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:23 pm A loss will not hurt Ironton in anyway. Midland is 4x the size as Ironton. For it to be a win or bust situation for Ironton is just ludicrous. For Midland on the other hand a loss could be embarrassing knowing how small of a school Ironton is. IMO Midland should win this game by two scores.
:lol: they both recruit.. doesn’t matter the size then… this game showed that Pendleton h
Was out recruited :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Mr Shifty wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:37 pm Let me spell this out for the naysayers and scoffers....

Has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard of, thinking losing would be humiliating. Heck according to you how are these boys going to get out of bed this morning?? I mean they just as well pack it in and send everyone home. Until they get up and going this Ironton team is quite overrated when comparing them to the last couple of seasons. There's simply more flaws in their game early on vs say last years team. Nothing wrong with that every team has to grow as the season goes on when you lose what they lost. To think the sky would be falling down is non-sense. They'll be fine, they'll go undefeated the rest of the way in OVC play and they'll more than likely win 2-3 games in the playoffs.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Looks like WVA can get the transfers also 💪😂

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

I actually said before the game that CM had to win this game. And I feel the same about next year's game. To be that much bigger or a school and lose would be egg on the face so to speak

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Rza1 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:06 am

Lol. Ahhh to wear those Tigger colored glasses... I'll lead with I understand that ohio being a state with 12 million has way better football than most of its neighbors.. at a state level.. but.. huntington high won a state title last yr...runner up the yr before.. spring valley has played in the finals twice in the last five or six yrs... Ashland..state runner up last yr.. Raceland...state runner up.. burg.. has the last state title in southeast Ohio in how long..? And not knocking Ironton as a program or a powerhouse... jus sayin they ain't the only successful team around... bein showcased on the local stations..or winning, winning, winning... lol. Take your orange glasses off and put down the ironton tribune..
Ashland was not state runner up last year. Check your facts.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:48 am Looks like WVA can get the transfers also 💪😂
Its normal in wv.

Ironton lost because against equal or better talent Ironton FOLDS at the line of scrimmage.

Big stages are KRYPTONITE for the Tigers

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:40 am

You're right...my bad they got beat in the semifinals...lol. spoken like a true kool-aid drinker though...the point was that the mighty arnton team wasn't the only elite team in the area... but anyhooooo...

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Rza1 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:37 pm
GoBigI wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:40 am

You're right...my bad they got beat in the semifinals...lol. spoken like a true kool-aid drinker though...the point was that the mighty arnton team wasn't the only elite team in the area... but anyhooooo...
Nice job. It’s easy to check facts before you speak. It will help your credibility in the future.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I always thought it was a silly argument saying our region of SEO football is on another level than surrounding states, areas and regions. We cant even win our state championship consistently. The bullies get bullied when there is a level playing field. The chest thumping is loudest when a team runs roughshod against sub-par teams in their conference. SEO football isn't anything special outside of SEO.

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

Mr Shifty was right again’
Last edited by Mr Shifty on Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

…and to back up what i said, look at the other threads, nothing but taunting of Ironton over this loss. when no other of you fill up enough of your jock strap to go against them - all you ever do is make excuses

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Why would anyone around here choose to play them? Nobody recruits like them. It’s a sure loss, as it should be.

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

Super trooper wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:58 pm Why would anyone around here choose to play them? Nobody recruits like them. It’s a sure loss, as it should be.
Urban legends and old wives tales! such supposed recruiting is goofy yes, Ironton has some transfers, but if a kid ain’t born in Ironton he’s supposed to be a transfer. How many years has it been since anyone was born in Ironton?

LOL you all don’t think that Kirkland hasn’t done what you all call ‘recruiting’? you think that much talent continues to show up year after year in one small town? same way with Midland, don’t think there’s not been some transfers at that almost 2,000 student school?!

You can’t blame a kid wanting to play for a school where fans actually show up and pull for them! despite being so much smaller, Ironton’s crowd was way bigger than! My GF who didn’t grow up in Ironton is amazed at the crowd and devotion the fans at Ironton show. many schools don’t have as many in the stands as the players on the team. Moms and dads don’t even come
Last edited by Mr Shifty on Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”