Question?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Question?

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I guess that I am behind the times. Did Ironton choose to leave the OVC, or were they voted out? I have been told both scenarios.
Also, is this their last year?

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Question?

Post by XandOs »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:17 am I guess that I am behind the times. Did Ironton choose to leave the OVC, or were they voted out? I have been told both scenarios.
Also, is this their last year?
From what I have gathered Ironton was given no choice. If they didn’t leave RH,CG,SP,Peake we’re looking to form another conference with oak hill and Symmes Valley. This was told to me by people in administration positions from some of those schools. Ironton stuck a deal to continue to play Fairland, Gallia and Portsmouth each year the last 3 games to help field a full schedule and to keep the conference together for all the other sports. This is the last season Ironton is in the OVC for football. I was also told Ironton is happy with the decision for football only. It worked out best for all parties. The rumors swirling is CG HC and RH and SP administration led the charge to get this done. These people saw as long as Ironton was in league they couldn’t win the championship.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Of course we had to add the last sentence nonsense. Get over yourself. We shall see how bad you are when you have to compete 10 weeks vs 4. Of course, yall don't wanna talk about how you cut tail and ran from the SEOAL because you got your ass handed week in and out. No, you wanna dog an inferior conference as though you are Holy than most. Pretend it didn't happen if it gives you a hard on. We know. Cowards ran tuck tail from the SEOAL and help lead to the collapse.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

FIDO wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:45 am Of course we had to add the last sentence nonsense. Get over yourself. We shall see how bad you are when you have to compete 10 weeks vs 4. Of course, yall don't wanna talk about how you cut tail and ran from the SEOAL because you got your ass handed week in and out. No, you wanna dog an inferior conference as though you are Holy than most. Pretend it didn't happen if it gives you a hard on. We know. Cowards ran tuck tail from the SEOAL and help lead to the collapse.
Is that nonsensical post directed at my post?

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I would assume directed at X’s and O’s.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:27 am
FIDO wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:45 am Of course we had to add the last sentence nonsense. Get over yourself. We shall see how bad you are when you have to compete 10 weeks vs 4. Of course, yall don't wanna talk about how you cut tail and ran from the SEOAL because you got your ass handed week in and out. No, you wanna dog an inferior conference as though you are Holy than most. Pretend it didn't happen if it gives you a hard on. We know. Cowards ran tuck tail from the SEOAL and help lead to the collapse.
Is that nonsensical post directed at my post?
No it wasn't directed at your "nonsensical" post

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

When Ironton joined the OVC, they weren’t where they are now as far as the football program was concerned. A new coach and a few years later, they have dominated the league. My question to the other teams is; What have you done to improve your program? Has anyone tried to implement any needed changes? Or have you stayed in the past and kept doing what doesn’t work anymore?

Now I know that some of the programs have been somewhat successful and won games, made the playoffs, etc. It’s a double edged sword to say the least. Ironton isn’t doing themselves any favors by staying in the league if the end goal is a state championship.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Regardless where anyone falls on the issue it sorta all boils down to adults failing.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

From where I sit, I hope Gallipolis continues to play Ironton in football. I really never cared that they were winning the OVC. While I understand how hard it is for ANYTEAM to make it to the final game of the playoffs, that is what they all play for. I think it is a good move for Ironton, they can play bigger schools, hence more computer points, and still benefit from being in the OVC for all other sports, making scheduling much easier.
I think all sports run in cycles, and Ironton will eventually find a league that suits them in all sports.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

In other words, they're getting the Notre Dame treatment. They get a set number of games from league members, while being independent in football, but they have the convenience of being in a conference for other sports. Isn't that just great?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:10 am In other words, they're getting the Notre Dame treatment. They get a set number of games from league members, while being independent in football, but they have the convenience of being in a conference for other sports. Isn't that just great?
If I am reading correctly, only happened because Ironton agreed to keep playing Fairland and Gallia Academy in football.

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

Before they initially left the SEOAL in the mid 80’s they had won 13 of the last 14 championships. The Ohio/Kentucky conference they joined with Portsmouth was much better for travel during a time when very few SEO schools had a pot to piss in. When they rejoined the SEOAL in 2006 it was on its last leg. Probably a poor move by Ironton but when you’re in SEO where are you supposed to go? Which team was Ironton running from in a conference that to the best of my knowledge has never won a state championship in football. Wheelersburg is in the same boat. SEO is not a good place to try to be decent at football

Return to “Football”