Matchup Wishlist: 2023 Edition

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Matchup Wishlist: 2023 Edition

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Some schools you'd like to see your program schedule in the upcoming years?

I'd like to see GA schedule up a bit earlier in the season. Get Waverly or Logan on the schedule, with Ironton leaving in football next year. Maybe Wheelersburg, though I doubt that matchup happens anytime soon. St. Clairsville or Bloom-Carroll would be a tough matchup too.

All in all, Waverly, Logan, Portsmouth West, Wheelersburg, Nelsonville-York, St. Clairsville, Bloom-Carroll, maybe another Pickaway or Fairfield County school.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Matchup Wishlist: 2023 Edition

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I suspect that unless Ironton drops Gallia Academy, they will still be playing post OVC.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

My wishlist match ups would be:

Ironton vs. London
Gallia Academy vs. Wheelersburg
Piketon vs. Waverly (Bring it back)
Portsmouth vs. Chillicothe
St. X vs. St. Eds

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Wouldn’t be opposed to Gallia/Waverly I like that match up. Also as someone said Waverly/Piketon should play every year till the end of time, it’s a shame that after 2019 Piketon ended it

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

I’d love to see a West vs Nelsonville York or Trimble series.

Maybe get a team from WV between Huntington and Charleston. Spring valley, George Washington, Hurricane etc.

Galia Academy would be a good one too, I know we scrimmaged for years

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

They should have a Tri-State Classic at Joan C. Edwards stadium every year. Rotate 2 schools from Ohio, Kentucky, and WV that are similar in size and matchup well against each other. Make it a one day event on a Saturday.
Easy recruiting for Marshall and good competition. Plus, each school would get to play in a Division 1 stadium.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:15 pm They should have a Tri-State Classic at Joan C. Edwards stadium every year. Rotate 2 schools from Ohio, Kentucky, and WV that are similar in size and matchup well against each other. Make it a one day event on a Saturday.
Easy recruiting for Marshall and good competition. Plus, each school would get to play in a Division 1 stadium.
Very cool idea ^^

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:15 pm They should have a Tri-State Classic at Joan C. Edwards stadium every year. Rotate 2 schools from Ohio, Kentucky, and WV that are similar in size and matchup well against each other. Make it a one day event on a Saturday.
Great idea.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

I dont know why we cant get a Meigs vs Eastern matchup to open the season. Is it true that GA is dumping us to play Eastern instead?

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

10/10 idea indeed.

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:58 am Wouldn’t be opposed to Gallia/Waverly I like that match up. Also as someone said Waverly/Piketon should play every year till the end of time, it’s a shame that after 2019 Piketon ended it
I see no reason for Waverly to start playing Piketon again, sure it was a cool rivalry game but that was only during the years Waverly was winning 1,2,3 games a season. 2009-2015 Waverly was NOT very good, I believe in 2012 they went 0-. prior to those years Waverly would have killed Piketon and will most years in the future. Waverly needs to fill this rivalry with a new one being someone of their size, Chillicothe, Logan Elm, Courthouse, etc. A game which will actually help them with seeding. They already play the only two SVC schools that would compete with them most years. Despite what people from Piketon think... Waverly is on another level.

Sfmf55
Waterboy

Post by Sfmf55 »

Neither are my teams. But Jackson vs Sheridan would be a great game

Return to “Football”