September 1, 2023 Jackson 28 - 20 Wheelersburg

Blitz
Varsity

Re: September 1, 2023 Jackson 28 - 20 Wheelersburg

Post by Blitz »

I tap out you win I don't have the energy or even care that much to argue with you. I will end my involvement with this... Burgfan didn't post for everyone to "trust the process" for no good reason!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:12 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:59 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:34 pm

He took a physical beating too. If you’re going to pass 30 times against Jackson you better protect him. Didn’t think he was going to make it through it.
That’s true. Good way to get the kid hurt. Not sure why Burg coaches are throwing him to the wolves like this.

Hall handled his young quarterback extremely well. Thought the Jackson OC called a good game.

Wheelersburg has the line and backs to run the football , a good size tight end , 2 good receivers . I agree pound the rock , run some play action , safe passes and build on it from there. Coaches sometimes are too proud to keep it simple .
You and I are on the same page :)

This is what I meant when I said “Burg needs to play like Kirtland.” I was referring to Kirtland’s offense; they keep it simple. Why we don’t is a mystery to me and many others. Maybe you’re right as to why. I really don’t know.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Blitz wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:36 pm I tap out you win I don't have the energy or even care that much to argue with you. I will end my involvement with this... Burgfan didn't post for everyone to "trust the process" for no good reason!
Only a few of us are debating this, but many from Burg are staying silent online why not happy behind the scenes. Burgfan posted that because obviously they are catching wind of what folks are saying. No fans like losing, and us Burg fans are some of the sorest losers of all. I will admit that about myself and many I grew up with.

So you are not in the minority on this. And as you said, if HP comes into town and thumps Burg, the noise will only get louder. And God forbid we don’t win the SOC…

That said, I truly hope I am wrong and the coaches make me eat my words!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

[flash=][/flash]
RBH23 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:56 pm
Blitz wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:36 pm I tap out you win I don't have the energy or even care that much to argue with you. I will end my involvement with this... Burgfan didn't post for everyone to "trust the process" for no good reason!
Only a few of us are debating this, but many from Burg are staying silent online why not happy behind the scenes. Burgfan posted that because obviously they are catching wind of what folks are saying. No fans like losing, and us Burg fans are some of the sorest losers of all. I will admit that about myself and many I grew up with.

So you are not in the minority on this. And as you said, if HP comes into town and thumps Burg, the noise will only get louder. And God forbid we don’t win the SOC…

That said, I truly hope I am wrong and the coaches make me eat my words!!!
Were we having this conversation last year? We were exactly 1-2 against the exact same teams with the exact same yardage and scoring margin. I suppose I’m confused. And burgfan isn’t probably jumping ship on the team and understand that this isn’t a major problem.

Coach Woodward has a awesome win loss percentage no matter who was lost to graduation. Luke warm burg fans I suppose. I don’t see a problem that can’t get fixed

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

RBH, if HP comes in blows out Wheelersburg and Wheelersburg doesn’t win SOC, we all can have a intervention with you.come back to the Burg and everyone go to Fred’s and we will help you sort out the end of the world in your eyes. Sounds like come end of October keep room open for some pizza. Things will be fine and everything will be back to normal after Fridays blowout!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:25 pm RBH, if HP comes in blows out Wheelersburg and Wheelersburg doesn’t win SOC, we all can have a intervention with you.come back to the Burg and everyone go to Fred’s and we will help you sort out the end of the world in your eyes. Sounds like come end of October keep room open for some pizza. Things will be fine and everything will be back to normal after Fridays blowout!
LOL!! I’ll take some Fred’s pizza! Plan to be in town in mid-October. You buying?

If Burg doesn’t win the SOC, it won’t be me that needs talking off the ledge. Just watch how crazy things get.

Like Blitz said, BurgFan has on their Facebook page “Trust the process Burgfans. Trust the process.” Apparently I’m not the only one talking about this.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

D7CA3E80-FB26-49A2-B605-77178EB96107.jpeg
Prime Time wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:25 pm RBH, if HP comes in blows out Wheelersburg and Wheelersburg doesn’t win SOC, we all can have a intervention with you.come back to the Burg and everyone go to Fred’s and we will help you sort out the end of the world in your eyes. Sounds like come end of October keep room open for some pizza. Things will be fine and everything will be back to normal after Fridays blowout!

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:35 pm
LOL!! I’ll take some Fred’s pizza! Plan to be in town in mid-October. You buying?

If Burg doesn’t win the SOC, it won’t be me that needs talking off the ledge. Just watch how crazy things get.

Like Blitz said, BurgFan has on their Facebook page “Trust the process Burgfans. Trust the process.” Apparently I’m not the only one talking about this.
That young ambitous Ironton staff has burg fans side eyeing their "process."

When ya car don't run as good as it use to ya neighbors nice new "Hellcat" gives ya a greater sense of urgency. lol
Pendleton is starting to dominate Woodard. On and off the field for his program. #pressure

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:05 am

When ya car don't run as good as it use to ya neighbors nice new "Hellcat" gives ya a greater sense of urgency. lol
Pendleton is starting to dominate Woodard. On and off the field for his program. #pressure
pendleton and hall. no more wins expected over ironton and jackson. 8 wins at best in future

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Pendleton does good getting talent and promoting the program, but game planning and execution are not his areas of strength. His coaching during the Burg game this year was really bad, especially the boneheaded decisions made near the end of the game resulting in Burg getting the ball back.

As of now, Pendleton’s success is due to having the most talented team in all of D5 each and every year. That massive advantage is covering up poor coaching.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

JTEK wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:15 am

pendleton and hall. no more wins expected over ironton and jackson. 8 wins at best in future
“No more wins expected…” might be a bit much. Those type of predictions rarely come to pass.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:18 am [quote=BTWNTHE__ post_id=2076285 time=<a href="tel:1694066745">1694066745</a> user_id=20273]
[quote=RBH23 post_id=2076089 time=<a href="tel:1693946107">1693946107</a> user_id=18187]
[quote="Prime Time" post_id=2076088 time=<a href="tel:1693945511">1693945511</a> user_id=3241]
RBH, if HP comes in blows out Wheelersburg and Wheelersburg doesn’t win SOC, we all can have a intervention with you.come back to the Burg and everyone go to Fred’s and we will help you sort out the end of the world in your eyes. Sounds like come end of October keep room open for some pizza. Things will be fine and everything will be back to normal after Fridays blowout!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pendleton does good getting talent and promoting the program, but game planning and execution are not his areas of strength. His coaching during the Burg game this year was really bad, especially the boneheaded decisions made near the end of the game resulting in Burg getting the ball back.

As of now, Pendleton’s success is due to having the most talented team in all of D5 each and every year. That massive advantage is covering up poor coaching.
[/quote]

Let’s put it this way. Would this post or conversation be happening if Pendleton didn’t take Ironton job 5 years ago?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

XandOs wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:28 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:18 am [quote=BTWNTHE__ post_id=2076285 time=<a href="tel:1694066745">1694066745</a> user_id=20273]
[quote=RBH23 post_id=2076089 time=<a href="tel:1693946107">1693946107</a> user_id=18187]
[quote="Prime Time" post_id=2076088 time=<a href="tel:1693945511">1693945511</a> user_id=3241]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Let’s put it this way. Would this post or conversation be happening if Pendleton didn’t take Ironton job 5 years ago?
[/quote]

If Burg was playing clean with most losses coming just to Ironton, then you would be correct. But Burg is losing three other games each year not against Ironton. And the same problems are showing up in those other games as well.

Beating Ironton is always a plus, but that’s not the ultimate goal (or even in the top 3-4 goals). Winning SOC always comes first, followed by making playoffs, winning region, and winning state.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:07 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Burg was playing clean with most losses coming just to Ironton, then you would be correct. But Burg is losing three other games each year not against Ironton. And the same problems are showing up in those other games as well.

Beating Ironton is always a plus, but that’s not the ultimate goal (or even in the top 3-4 goals). Winning SOC always comes first, followed by making playoffs, winning region, and winning state.
[/quote]

Do you see Wheelersburg beating Ironton or Jackson in the near future ?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:35 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Could Burg win next year? Absolutely. After all, these were one score games despite Burg badly losing the turnover battle in both and playing on the road.

However, will Burg win consistently? Not if the issues with the offense are not addressed. The causes for turnovers and lack of second half scoring need fixed asap.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:18 am

Well two things. Pendleton is still a young coach so his ceiling is higher & talent is part of the battle. If not woodard should go recruit a few clarinet players and try em out as a true spread option read qb1. lol.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The so called Mark Vass hire shoulda never happened ( dude wasnt even a good lil league baseball coach.lol).& was a result of a program not being able to fully let go of the past and embrace the future when Lutz retired. 1000% was a knee jerk hire based on ZERO substance. The Lutz staff cosplay copy at Rock Hill tells ya everything you need to know about that. Never was "HIM" & they never will be. Pendleton was the new direction Ironton needed and it payed off. That said hes still pretty young in the game so his xs and o's will improve and the "talent" in the region will still be attracted to where the lights are the brightest.

If Pendleton is beating Woodard on talent alone right now, whats the plan goin forward as the X's and O's improve and the talent keeps coming? Woodard might be dominated by Pendleton for the remainder as the guy on burgs sideline. Terry is only a junior. Edwards gets the keys to the bugatti next season. The talent gap isnt gonna close anytime soon.

Would burg eventually consider making changes on the staff or is some changes in staff or philosophy needed to get over the hump?

Keep in mind, Burg has only won the region 3 times in the last two and a half decades and Pendleton has outproduced that in 5 seasons.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Hell no. No chance. Quit telling us how big and fast the team is every offseason. Quit giving them everything. Make them earn it on the field. Do something in the off-season that produces competitive hungry kids that have what it takes to win games when the other team is just as talented. Quit feeding them every week, that should be earned, make them drink out of the hose again when practicing on the track for gods sake. Go ask the girls coaches what they do to produce kids that refuse to lose because the boys have lost it in all sports

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

JTEK wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:07 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]
Hell no. No chance. Quit telling us how big and fast the team is every offseason. Quit giving them everything. Make them earn it on the field. Do something in the off-season that produces competitive hungry kids that have what it takes to win games when the other team is just as talented. Girls teams at burg have that, boys have lost it
[/quote]

I remember a cpl yrs ago on this site over summer, burg fans kept commenting ad nasuem talking about their "superior coaching", "superior culture" and "lightning speed." Then week 1 came, at Tanks, and Ironton hung 40 on them.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:17 pm
JTEK wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:07 pm

[/quote]
Hell no. No chance. Quit telling us how big and fast the team is every offseason. Quit giving them everything. Make them earn it on the field. Do something in the off-season that produces competitive hungry kids that have what it takes to win games when the other team is just as talented. Girls teams at burg have that, boys have lost it
[/quote]

I remember a cpl yrs ago on this site over summer, burg fans kept commenting ad nasuem talking about their "superior coaching", "superior culture" and "lightning speed." Then week 1 came, at Tanks, and Ironton hung 40 on them.
[/quote]

What was the score later that year in the rematch? Can't remember?

Return to “Football”