August 25, 2023 Morgan 33 - 22 Warren

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

August 25, 2023 Morgan 33 - 22 Warren

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Should be a good game as Warren travels to McConnelsville to play on the new field. Both teams won big in week 1

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 2: Warren (1-0) at Morgan (1-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

Morgan is way better this season. That Qb is tough with his legs.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Competitive game. Our new QB looked very good for a debut, even though Belpre was bad. Offensive line got push 5-8 yards downfield consistently. Defense was fast and physical. Both teams appear to be improved, but I’ll take Warren by 6 in a close game from start to finish.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Morgan was a playoff team last year that beat Warren. They are way better this season. Warren lost some studs. I don’t think this game will be all that close.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Morgan will bring Warren back to reality for the 2nd year in a row after Warren shows off beating a small school again. Morgan 30 Warren 14.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:41 am Morgan was a playoff team last year that beat Warren. They are way better this season. Warren lost some studs. I don’t think this game will be all that close.
True. They lost their two best offensive linemen and their best RB as well. The game last year wasn’t a blowout by any means and we didn’t get worse. Our best running back didn’t even play last night. I could be wrong, but I don’t see them blowing us out. You’ve seen Morgan so I believe your evaluation, but I’m not sure how they replace Pauley and Copeland. They were very good, especially Pauley.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

I came away impressed with Warren last night. While they did lose Williams and Taylor, this almost seems like it could be one of those "addition by subtraction" deals. Sealey may actually be an upgrade at QB, and that stable of running backs led by Carr was big and physical. You can tell their O Line has been in the weight room. They all look big and strong. I like the Pahl boy. He brings an attitude, as long as he can keep his head on straight. I know it was against Belpre. But after the scrimmage vs South Point, and the game last night, I think it's an improved team.
Last edited by Bucknuts88 on Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:05 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:41 am Morgan was a playoff team last year that beat Warren. They are way better this season. Warren lost some studs. I don’t think this game will be all that close.
True. They lost their two best offensive linemen and their best RB as well. The game last year wasn’t a blowout by any means and we didn’t get worse. Our best running back didn’t even play last night. I could be wrong, but I don’t see them blowing us out. You’ve seen Morgan so I believe your evaluation, but I’m not sure how they replace Pauley and Copeland. They were very good, especially Pauley.
Hard to evaluate Warren when they played Belpre. From what I’ve been told Warren really struggled in preseason. Warren will need to contain Nicswangers legs. He gets free he’s gone. Morgan weakness is they aren’t very big and they struggle vs the pass.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:48 pm
Hard to evaluate Warren when they played Belpre. From what I’ve been told Warren really struggled in preseason. Warren will need to contain Nicswangers legs. He gets free he’s gone. Morgan weakness is they aren’t very big and they struggle vs the pass.
I do agree it’s hard to get an evaluation against a team that is completely overmatched. Only thing I will say is we didn’t screw around and let their play affect ours. Teams that bad often drag the other team down to their level of play. Our team speed on defense is pretty good - outside linebackers and DBs can all move very well. Pepper could be a problem for them then if they struggle vs the pass. He’s hard to handle 1v1 down the field. Anything can happen in a game but I don’t see it being a blowout either way.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

beg003 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:34 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:48 pm
I do agree it’s hard to get an evaluation against a team that is completely overmatched. Only thing I will say is we didn’t screw around and let their play affect ours. Teams that bad often drag the other team down to their level of play. Our team speed on defense is pretty good - outside linebackers and DBs can all move very well. Pepper could be a problem for them then if they struggle vs the pass. He’s hard to handle 1v1 down the field. Anything can happen in a game but I don’t see it being a blowout either way.
WOW TIMMY! When was the last time these two donkey programs matched up and undefeated?

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

There is nothing to be gleaned about Warren from their game against Belpre, who is again one of the very worst teams in the entire state. Morgan also destroyed River View, but RV would beat Belpre by at least 2-3 TDs. I think Morgan wins this game by 2 TDs. Their coach has been quietly building their program and they have continued to get better.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:46 pm I came away impressed with Warren last night. While they did lose Williams and Taylor, this almost seems like it could be one of those "addition by subtraction" deals. Sealey may actually be an upgrade at QB, and that stable of running backs led by Carr was big and physical. You can tell their O Line has been in the weight room. They all look big and strong. I like the Pahl boy. He brings an attitude, as long as he can keep his head on straight. I know it was against Belpre. But after the scrimmage vs South Point, and the game last night, I think it's an improved team.
Carr only carried the ball 13 times for 208 and had 4 TDs and had 3 TDs called back …. Only a sophomore who just turned 15yrs old !! I totally agree with your addiction by subtraction comment ! We lost Williams to transfer yes he was fast but we gained a bigger , physical back with the same speed !! I think this young team with Payton’s staff he has now is going to surprise alot of people and teams !!! Got to remember also Fairbanks was out last night ….

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:53 pm
Bucknuts88 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:46 pm I came away impressed with Warren last night. While they did lose Williams and Taylor, this almost seems like it could be one of those "addition by subtraction" deals. Sealey may actually be an upgrade at QB, and that stable of running backs led by Carr was big and physical. You can tell their O Line has been in the weight room. They all look big and strong. I like the Pahl boy. He brings an attitude, as long as he can keep his head on straight. I know it was against Belpre. But after the scrimmage vs South Point, and the game last night, I think it's an improved team.
me

Carr only carried the ball 13 times for 208 and had 4 TDs and had 3 TDs called back …. Only a sophomore who just turned 15yrs old !! I totally agree with your addiction by subtraction comment ! We lost Williams to transfer yes he was fast but we gained a bigger , physical back with the same speed !! I think this young team with Payton’s staff he has now is going to surprise alot of people and teams !!! Got to remember also Fairbanks was out last night ….
Hey Dad, now stay humble. Carr was running against mostly kids his same age. At a normal D4 level school, he’s playing JV and would run wild against the same aged kids. Let’s wait until after the Morgan game before we put Warren in any real discussion about how good they’re gonna be. They did the same thing to Belpre last year and then started playing schools their own size. 4-6?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Two biggest differences for this team are a mobile QB and an offensive line that gets push and has a mean streak. Contrary to popular belief, they moved the LOS in both scrimmages, and obviously did Friday night. Sealey will only continue to get better, and he’s such an easy kid to root for. Having Q run is huge for our offense.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:39 am
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:53 pm
me

Hey Dad, now stay humble. Carr was running against mostly kids his same age. At a normal D4 level school, he’s playing JV and would run wild against the same aged kids. Let’s wait until after the Morgan game before we put Warren in any real discussion about how good they’re gonna be. They did the same thing to Belpre last year and then started playing schools their own size. 4-6?
Lol !! We will see my friend he was also held back from doing a lot more I maybe dad or not but I bet you see a lot more from Warren Friday night!! The stable will be full against Morgan and our coach will have them ready!!!
Also my point was yes we lost a good back but I think we also got a better younger bigger faster one just showed stats to kinda prove we’re not hurting and we also got a more mobile QB that’s fits the coaches play style ! Plus we still got Fairbanks who’s a ball player and hopefully be back against Morgan !
Last edited by Feedme#2WarrenFB on Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

beg003 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:53 am
Two biggest differences for this team are a mobile QB and an offensive line that gets push and has a mean streak. Contrary to popular belief, they moved the LOS in both scrimmages, and obviously did Friday night. Sealey will only continue to get better, and he’s such an easy kid to root for. Having Q run is huge for our offense.
I agree !! Have to admit our young players look very good and will only get better as season goes on and why I say I think Warren will surprise a lot of non believers!! I’ve been wrong a lot lol but I see something in them boys and they did not get pushed around at there scrimmages either by much bigger boys !!

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

[/img]
beg003 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:53 am
Attachments
Roane is similar to Morgan
Roane is similar to Morgan

LeftHandedCoach
Waterboy

Post by LeftHandedCoach »

I don’t disagree Warren looked like a well oiled machine Friday vs Belpre but Morgan is not Belpre. Warren has several good athletes still and they will make an impact without a doubt. If Warren can establish the run they will compete and possibly even win the game Friday in Morgan county. Until I see this team beat an above average opponent I’m going to go with Morgan in another close game but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Warren win the game.

Early score prediction Morgan 35 Warren 31

NotFunnyAtAll
Waterboy

Post by NotFunnyAtAll »

Warrens new culture is a game changer this year. I got Warren to put a good game together and show seo they can play some ball.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Im going Morgan 35 Warren 28. Should be a fun game

Looking forward to making the drive to McConnelsville and stopping at Old Bridge Brewery for dinner before the game. It's a nice town

Go Blue

Return to “Football”