Ashland’s Putnam Stadium To Get Turf

REDMEN95
JV Team

Ashland’s Putnam Stadium To Get Turf

Post by REDMEN95 »

Just saw where Clark’s Pump n Shop is partnering with Ashland City Schools to get field turf.
It will be renamed to "CLARKS PUMP N SHOP PUTNAM STADIUM"

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Re: Ashland’s Putnam Stadium To Get Turf

Post by irontonwizard »

REDMEN95 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:22 pm Just saw where Clark’s Pump n Shop is partnering with Ashland City Schools to get field turf.
It will be renamed to "CLARKS PUMP N SHOP PUTNAM STADIUM"
That’s really good! Sure wish we would still play them. Never understood why we quit playing them for these 1 year games with other teams? Ironton vs Ashland was a tradition and it’s a shame for the the area they don’t play.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

First Year 1900
WAR ON THE RIVER
Ironton Vs Ashland, KY
Ironton Leads 54-38-4 Ties

It’s a shame the game is no longer being played. The issue needs to be resolved the series is bigger than any coach or player. Community pressure needs to be put on the school that’s not willing to play.

Pittstop Billy
Waterboy

Post by Pittstop Billy »

Bfan99 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:09 am First Year 1900
WAR ON THE RIVER
Ironton Vs Ashland, KY

It’s a shame the game is no longer being played. The issue needs to be resolved the series is bigger than any coach or player. Community pressure needs to be put on the school that’s not willing to play.
Someone must be skeert or they’d still be playing.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Nice place to watch a game

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

WAR ON THE RIVER
Ironton Vs Ashland, KY

The Coach that stopped the series no longer Coaches at Ashland, maybe the series will pick back up someday.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:44 pm
WAR ON THE RIVER
Ironton Vs Ashland, KY

The Coach that stopped the series no longer Coaches at Ashland, maybe the series will pick back up someday.
Who said that? I heard it was we wanted a big game with teams like Moeller. Plus what was our record the last 5 years we played against Ashland? I pretty sure it is 1-4 or 2-3. Correct me if I’m wrong

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Glad they're getting turf.nice venue.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

irontonwizard wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:27 pm
WAR ON THE RIVER
Ironton Vs Ashland, KY

Who said that? I heard it was we wanted a big game with teams like Moeller. Plus what was our record the last 5 years we played against Ashland? I pretty sure it is 1-4 or 2-3. Correct me if I’m wrong
lol 😂
maybe if they didn’t steal ashland best players they’d probably play em….

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

mustard wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:29 pm

lol 😂
maybe if they didn’t steal ashland best players they’d probably play em….
That’s a good point too.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

WAR ON THE RIVER
Ironton Vs Ashland, KY

That would be a good game for Ironton to get back on the schedule, especially once they go independent in football.

Filling out the schedule, specifically once other teams begin league play, will become a challenge unless Ironton plans on signing up to be fodder for the big catholic schools that need easy wins.

Return to “Football”