2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Avander Abrams from Lloyd Memorial High School, Ky

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Avander Abrams from Lloyd Memorial High School, Ky

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Avander Abrams

School Lloyd memorial

Class 2024

Positions played De/mlb/rb

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I’ve played 12 years and the work you go through with a whole bunch of guys for the same outcome keeps me playing.

What have you been able to accomplish to make you a more dominant player this season?
So far I’ve hit many prs in the weight room, gotten faster, and have a better mentality.

With this being your final season at Lloyd Memorial, are you approaching things any differently than you have in the past?
This year I have to have a leadership mentality and help continue the culture we built last season.

Who is the best player you have ever faced, along with the team he played for, and what made him so good?
The best player I have ever faced was Mike Wallington in practice. He played for Lloyd and was the most athletic defensive lineman without trying I’ve ever seen.

Which team has been the best that you have ever played against?
The best team I’ve ever played against was Beechwood my sophomore year with Hergott at qb.

Which road stadium has the best atmosphere to play in?
The best atmosphere was at Beechwood Some personal plans are best the sack record and do what’s best for the team and make a long run with a state championship at the end during our final four-game when it was so loud we couldn’t hear and people were sitting in the grass because of how packed it was.

Heading into the 2023 season, what are your personnel plans as well as some goals you have set for your team?
Some personal plans are best the sack record and do what’s best for the team and make a long run with a state championship at the end .

What were you able to learn about yourself during the 2002 season that you will put to use this year to help you become better than you were?
I learned about myself that everyone has to accept the role on a team to be good and take the role of being an unsung hero.

Do you pattern your game around any college or pro player? If so, who?
I don’t necessarily pattern a game around anyone but I really like the way Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald play and try to steal some techniques every now and then.

If you could pick one new opponent for Lloyd Memorial to play, who would it be and why?
I’d probably pick a bigger school like Cooper, Ryle, or Simon Kenton because they’re bigger and I would want to see how we match up compared to them.

What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given when it comes to football, and who gave it to you?
The best piece of advice is what Niedermen preaches to us every day, and that’s being the unsung hero matters.

What is one food you enjoy that most others do not?
Food I like that I don’t think most others like so mushrooms any type.

What is your favorite style of music, along with your favorite song, and who sings it?
My favorite style is hip-hop but my favorite song is our song by Taylor Swift.

What is your favorite non-sport activity?
My favorite non-sport activity is tattooing or drawing.

Return to “Football”