2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with BRY’NEIL JONES from Columbus Northland Vikings

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with BRY’NEIL JONES from Columbus Northland Vikings

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name
Bry’Neil Jones

School
Northland High School

Positions played
DT/ Guard

Class

How long have you been playing football, and what keeps you playing?
I’ve been playing football for 13 years since I was 4 years old. What keeps me playing is really just the love and passion I got for the game, Just watching my older cousins play and seeing my family enjoy watching me play knowing I got the ability to play at the next level, Also what keeps me playing is just when I’m on the field it’s a whole different world it just takes me away from any real-world problems.

What is it like to play for Coach Sayers?
Playing for Coach Sayers is the BEST, He treats every one of his players like his own. He’s caring, loving, and all-around just a great Coach. Coach Sayers is the Coach who you’ll do everything he asks you to do just because you trust he’ll always put you in the best position to win on the field and even in life.

If you mess up in a game or at practice, what might Coach Sayers say or yell at you?
If a player messes up at practice Coach Sayers will just tell that player what to do to fix that mistake the player made. One thing about Coach Sayers is he always says “ If you're going to mess up, mess up giving 100% Effort”

Which side of the line do you like to play the most, and why?
I like to play Offensive line the most because I take so much pride in blocking for my RB and QB. It makes me happy when Amir Brown comes back to the huddle and tells the O-line that we are blocking well and to keep it up.

Which side of the line is harder to play on? Explain.
Offensive Line is definitely harder to play on just for the fact you have to know what all other positions up front are doing and you have to be disciplined at all times in case of a delayed blitz or D-lineman running a stunt.

What have been your favorite and least favorite memories when it comes to playing football?
My favorite memory when it comes to playing football is beating Beechcroft last season to clinch a playoff spot and winning the City North Championship. My least favorite memory is tearing my MCL during the first game of the season in my sophomore year.

With this being your final high school season, are you preparing any differently than you have in the past?
Yes, of course with this being my last season I’m going hard at everything I do. I’m doing everything with a meaning behind it.

What goals have you set not only for yourself this season but for the Northland Vikings as well?
Some goals I set for myself this season is leading the team in tackles for loss and sacks, and some team goals are making playoffs, winning, and hosting our first home Playoff game in school history.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you play?
This season I do believe we can be role models for younger kids that come and watch us play for the fact that when times get rough on the field, don’t turn on your teammates because it is you and your 50 other brothers on that team versus the team across from you

What were the three things that you will most remember from the 2022 season?
Three things that I will remember most from the 2022 season are beating Beechcroft week 10, making State Playoffs, and how competitive our practices got.

If you could pick any opponent for the Vikings to play, who would it be and why?
If I could pick any opponent for us to play, I will pick independence high school, because of how they beat us in the 2021 football season

What are your thoughts on 16 teams per region making the playoffs?
I can’t really complain, or say anything other than I am grateful for the opportunity to fight for a playoff spot out of 20 teams.

Where should the state finals be played?
The state finals should be played at the Bengals' Stadium

Do you read or post on any message boards like http://southeaternohiopreps.com or http://yappi.com?
Yes, because I love to see other people's opinions on players or teams in Central Ohio

What is a food that you like that most others do not?
Plantains

What is your favorite class or subject?
Math for sure.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with BRY’NEIL JONES from Columbus Northland Vikings

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I will have an after the season interview with this young man covering the history their team made this year with other topics too.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with BRY’NEIL JONES from Columbus Northland Vikings

Post by noreply66 »

good read

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”