Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name
Vince Luce

School
Canfield Highschool

Class

Positions played
OL/NG

What is the toughest part of playing high school football?
The time you put in during the off-season and summertime

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you all play?
Yes, when it comes to our community the younger kids look up to us as something they want to be one day so we always have to set a good example for them.

Which side of the line is harder to play on? Explain.
Would have to say Defensive Line because you almost always get double-teamed, so you have to fight off 2 guys instead of one

What has been the best memory you have when it comes to playing football?
Would have to be when the clock hit 0 in the state championship game and we stormed the field after winning Canfield’s first-ever state title.

Who was the best team that Canfield went up against in 2022, and what made them so good?
Chardon, they play almost how we play. Hard-nosed football and they just come after you with everything they have.

If you could schedule one opponent for Canfield to play, who would it be and why?
I’ve always wanted to play IMG Academy. They are one of if not the best team in the country so you want to always play the best and go up against the best.

After the season is over, if you are invited to play in any of the state all-star games, will you play? Why or why not?
Any opportunity to play more football is always a yes for me. It will just depend on my college situation and if the timing works out for me to play.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
It gives us an extra playoff game and over the past 2 years it’s given us an extra home playoff game so I believe it’s a good rule change for Ohio.

If you could change one rule when it comes to high school football, what would it be and why?
The fact that we can’t wear tinted visors. We have to wear completely clear visors and I’ve always wanted to wear a blacked-out visor like Ray Lewis or James Harrison did.

Are you approaching things any differently this season since it is your last high school football season?
I am approaching this season like I have my other seasons for the last 12 years. I want to try to be the best Lineman around and I believe I can do it. Now that it’s my senior season. I have to do things as cleanly as possible and set an example for the younger guys.

Have you heard from any college coaches? If so, can you name some of the teams?
I currently hold 5 offers. Mercyhurst, Tiffin, Ohio Dominican, Robert Morris, Saint Francis. I have also talked to almost all of the Mac as well as a few P5 schools.

What is your favorite genre of music, along with your favorite song, and who sings it?
My favorite genre would have to be country. My favorite song is Fast Car by Luke Combs.

What is your favorite class or subject?
History, I’ve always had a liking for it and it has always interested me.

Who is your least favorite sports team?
Philadelphia 76ers
Miami Heat
New England Patriots

Return to “Football”