LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Asher Avery from Hart County, Ky

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Asher Avery

School Hart County High School

Class 2024

Positions played OT/DE

Which side of the ball do you like playing the best? Explain.
I like playing the offensive side of the ball more. I love to be part of the reason we score points.

What are you going to miss most about the 2023 class?
I'm gonna miss the fun times we had this past season.

Hart County had a solid season in 2022, going 9-3 overall, including a 3-1 district mark. What will it take to improve that this season?
Everybody gotta have the same goals for the season and play to the standard our coaches have set for us.

What have you been able to accomplish during the offseason to help you become a better player this fall?
I’ve gotten new maxes in the weight room and been to multiple camps for further instruction.

What are your biggest strengths as a football player, along with the one weakness you have to turn into a strong point?
I would say my biggest strength is my speed and ability to move off the ball. My biggest weakness is getting into position for up-field blocks.

Who was the best team Hart County faced last season, and what made them so good?
Union County was the best. their line played well together and they had some solid backs.

Who is the best player you have ever faced, along with the team he played for, and what made him so good?
Kieran Stockton 21-22 Glasgow High School. He had that dawg in him and was a great downhill runner. hard to take down and not afraid to lower a shoulder.

If you could pick one opponent for Hart County to play, who would it be and why?
Franklin County High School. My dad played football there in high school. always just wanted to beat them.

Have you heard from any colleges about playing ball at the next level?
I’ve talked to a couple of colleges.

What is your favorite genre of music, along with your favorite song, and who sings it?
My favorite genre is probably rap. my favorite rap song is Activist by Rio Da Yung OG.

Where is the best place in your area to grab a bite?
El Mazatlan

Where is your dream vacation spot?
Dubai

Return to “Football”