SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Jack Hayden from Fairland

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Jack Hayden

School
Fairland High School

Class 2025

Positions played CB, WR, RB

What is the toughest part of playing high school football, along with the most rewarding part of playing?

I think the toughest part is balancing, trying to make sure you’re up to date with school and making sure you perform the way you should with your sport. The rewarding part of playing is the memories you make on the field and seeing results on the field.

What were you able to learn about yourself that you will put to use this season to make you even more dominant this year?
I’ve learned that I work harder than most athletes and that I’m more competitive on the field.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I think it’s great.

Where do you feel the state finals should be held, and why?
At Ohio State’s stadium.

What are you most looking forward to this season?
Our playoff run for sure and making big plays for the team.

Looking back at all of the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed the most?
Tanks Memorial Stadium for sure.

What do you think the biggest change will be at Fairland with you guys getting a new coach this season?
I think we’ll be a much-improved team overall and a much more fast-paced team.

Overall, you guys went 7-4 in 2022. What will have to change for the team to improve on that record?
I think we could’ve had a way better record last year but for that to improve we just need everyone to lock in and play together as a team.

Who is the one team you most want to beat this season, and why?
Ironton because they’re like the top dawgs of southern Ohio and they’re one of our rivals so it would be great to beat them.

Why should the coach call your number when the game is on the line?
Because I’m a great playmaker and I’m not scared of the moment.

Going into this season, what has been your favorite moment on the football field, as well as the one thing you would most like to forget?
My favorite moment so far is scoring a 90yd touchdown vs South Point this year. One thing I’d like to forget is losing to Ironton on a game-winning touchdown in overtime my freshman year.

What are your personal goals this season?
At least 4 interceptions, 1,000 all-purpose yards, and contribute to every team win.

What is your favorite class?
History

What toppings go on your perfect pizza?
Bacon cheese and pepperoni

Boxing or UFC?
UFC for sure

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Jack Hayden from Fairland

Post by VetteMan »

I appreciate Jack's honesty in saying that he himself not only works harder than the majority of athletes on the field, but that he also feels as if he is more competitive than most. If a player doesn't have confidence in himself, it's very likely that he won't receive it from his opponent. Quite a few players I think feel the same way about having played at Ironton Tanks Memorial Stadium. Being that you will be entering your Junior season, good luck to the Dragons these next couple seasons in trying to get a win over those Ironton Tigers. Good interview.

Return to “Football”