2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Bubby McPherson From State Champion Boyle County, Ky

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Bubby McPherson From State Champion Boyle County, Ky

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Bubby McPherson

School Boyle County

Class2026

Positions played Wr/Db

What is the toughest part of playing high school football?
That time flies and you only get so much time to get ready for the next level.

What shocked you the most about the 2022 season?
How many games that I got to play as a freshman.

Looking at the upcoming season, what are you looking forward to most?
I have to step up a little bit for the DB position and I am looking forward to winning and doing my part for the team.

Which side of the ball do you enjoy playing the most? Explain why.
I like to play Wr because that is a position that you have your own craft and style on.

What is the hardest part of a Boyle County practice?
The hardest part is just going back to back doing your best at all times and being pushed to your very limit to be better.

As a younger player on a very good team, can you explain how important the upperclassmen are to you as far as helping you out at practice and on the field?
I always will challenge myself to guard the top players on the team because that makes me better “Iron sharpens iron”.

Which game on the 2023 schedule are you most looking forward to, along with the reason?
I'm looking forward to any game but I would have to say Danville because it’s cross-town rivals and always packed.

When the game is on the line, which side of the ball do you want to be on? Explain.
Anywhere they need me because I feel good about how I react in pressured moments.

What is the best advice you have been given when it comes to playing football?
Don’t compare yourself to other people just work on your craft.

What did you learn about yourself during the 2022 season that you can use to be a better player this season?
“Go 110% at all times” Justin Haddix.

If you could change one rule when it comes to high school football, what would it be and why?
Add four more years because they go by fast and High School is the best football you will ever play.

Which do you prefer to watch: college football or pro football?
College because they mess up a lot more and I always try to guess their mistakes or learn from them.

Where is your go-to spot to grab a bite?
My mom's cooking, I’ll take that over anything.

What is one food that you enjoy eating that most others do not?
Asparagus.

Return to “Football”