Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name
Silas Jacob

School
New Richmond High School

Class

Positions played

OLB/SS

What is the hardest thing about playing high school football?
I’d probably say trying to avoid injuries and keeping my body in top condition 24/7

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I’ve played football since 2nd grade, so 9 years. My love for the game is what keeps me playing.

What are you looking forward to most this season?
Transitioning to my new position as the “adjuster” for our defense.

What three things do you feel you need to improve on to become a better player in the future?
This is a hard one because I am my biggest critic and there are so many little things that I try to improve on and try to make myself better than I was the day before.

Is there a coach or athlete that you look up to as a role model, and why?
I would say I look up to the seniors who played football this year and are moving on to play football at the college level because that is something that I want to do in the future.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you play?
Absolutely, our football program is very involved with our youth football program and community. We demonstrate how to be an elite person on and off the field.

Looking at the schedule for this coming season, who is the team you most want to beat? Why?
Western Brown because we lost to them the past 2 years that I’ve played high school football and I would like to change that this upcoming season.

What is your favorite moment on the football field?
When I blocked the field goal during our playoff game at Tecumseh in the 4th quarter with less than 2 minutes on the clock which helped us win the game 28-27

What are your thoughts on 16 teams per region making the playoffs?
I don’t really know it any differently to have a strong opinion about it.

Where do you feel the state finals should be held, and why?
Columbus because it’s in the middle of Ohio so it’s a fair location for everyone traveling from other regions.

If you could change one rule when it comes to high school football, what would it be and why?
How you wear your eyeblack. It doesn’t affect the way you play or anyone else playing, so it shouldn’t matter how I apply it.

What is your favorite genre of music, along with your favorite song?
Rap, “Doublë” by: Yeat

What toppings and style of crust go on your perfect pizza?
Double pepperoni, bacon, and traditional-style crust.

Other than sports, what is your favorite thing to do?
Weightlifting and listening to music.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Silas Jacob New Richmond High School

Post by VetteMan »

When Silas said that one of the hardest things to do when playing is trying to avoid injuries, I'm sure that probably 90% of the kids playing somewhat have the same concern. The sad thing is, that injuries are going to happen, and most of the time they are completely out of your control. Don't feel bad about wanting to finally wanting to beat Western Brown, there have been quite a few programs in the past 4 years that have tried to beat them also. Because of a certain QB that has played for them, that has been a very hard thing to accomplish. Silas, good luck your Junior year, I also hope you have an injury free season. Good interview.

Return to “Football”