2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Ben Fray from Conner High School (Ky)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Ben Fray from Conner High School (Ky)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Ben Fay

School Conner High School

Class 2024

Positions played Tight End, Linebacker

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I have played football since I was in 7th grade, and my passion for the game is what has kept me playing. I spend lots of time thinking about this upcoming season, I’m really looking forward to it.

When the game is on the line, why should your number be called?
My number should be called because I thrive in high-pressure situations, and I will do whatever is necessary for my team to succeed.

Which side of the ball do you prefer? Explain.
I do not have a preference on either side of the ball, I really just enjoy playing football with my teammates. I like the physicality of defense, but having the ball in your hands is a great feeling too.

How would your coach and teammates describe you?
I think my coaches and teammates would describe me as a really hard worker, and a good leader. They all know how committed I am to this team and to succeeding. I think they all know and appreciate my love for this program and for all of them as well.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you play?
I think me and my teammates have all really made an effort to be good role models to younger kids. I remember being in their shoes when I was younger, and really looking up to the varsity football players so I really want to make a good role model for them. Now I have my younger brother being the ball boy on the sideline watching me play, and it’s a really cool experience having him on the sidelines cheering for me.

Connor had a rough 2022 season, going 2-9. What has to change for you guys to have a better season?
We had a lot of new guys starting last year, and we have really been putting in a lot of work this off-season and I’m confident we can turn it around this year because of that.

Who is the best player you have faced, along with the team he played for, and what made him so tough?
The best player I have ever faced was probably a player for Frederick Douglass last year, but which one exactly I’m not sure. They had a lot of really good players on their roster, it’s really hard to choose just one.

Who has the best team you have ever faced, and what made them so good?
The Frederick Douglass team from last year is most likely the best team I have played against. They went on to win state and go undefeated, and they had a star-studded roster for sure.

With this being your season, are you approaching things any differently?
I am trying to be a better leader for my team this year, and I’m trying to do that in as many ways as I can whether it is by example or vocally.

How important is spring ball as far as preparing the team for the upcoming season?
Spring Ball gave us a really good look at what we have this upcoming season, and I’m really excited after getting through spring ball. We have a lot of talent on our roster and a lot of really hard-working guys, I’m excited to see how we do.

If you could change one rule in high school football, what would it be?
One rule I would change in high school football would probably be to make the games longer so I can play as much as possible.

Have you heard from any college coaches, and if so, could you name some of the schools?
I have heard from some colleges, I’ve had a lot of coaches come to visit our school and talk to me, and a lot of FCS and MAC schools, as well as some other good academic schools.

What is your favorite class?
If I’m really being honest, gym class is my favorite class. I have had some good history and math classes in the past, but gym is my favorite.

Where do you go to get your sports news?
I will either turn on ESPN or I will go to social media for all my sports news.

What is one food you like that most others do not?
It might be controversial, but I love pineapple on my pizza. Hawaiian is always gonna be my go-to pizza.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Ben Fray from Conner High School (Ky)

Post by VetteMan »

After compiling a 2-9 record this past season, Ben and his teammates have an uphill battle to try and turn this upcoming season around. They need a collective effort from everyone that intends to play this season, plus an infusion of some new talent certainly would be welcome as well. As bad as you hate to say it, sometimes losing becomes habit forming , making it even that much more difficult to turn things around. Good luck Ben in your Senior season. Good interview.

Return to “Football”