2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Dylan “Stewie” Stewart from Conner High School

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Dylan “Stewie” Stewart from Conner High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name
Dylan Stewart

Class

School
Conner High School

Positions played
OT, OG, DT

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I’ve been playing football since 6th grade. The main thing that keeps me playing is my main goal of being able to play in the NFL and retire my mom.

What is the hardest part of playing on the offensive line?
The hardest part about playing O-line is definitely having to adjust to certain players and keeping up with some players speed. But what prevents that is to study film and get your footwork down.

What part of the game must you improve the most to take your game up a notch or two?

I need to work on my pad level mainly, it’s one of the main things I’ve been working on this off season. Also, I need to improve my confidence, as we all know confidence is key.

How would your coach and teammates describe you?

My coaches and teammates would describe me as a hardworking coachable player. They all know my goals and they see how hard I work to accomplish them and being able to get corrected for mistakes is what takes my game up a level.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you play?
Absolutely. Our generation is what inspires the next, and us being able to influence other young athletes is really important.

Have you heard from any coaches about playing college ball? Could you name one or two of the schools?
Yes, I currently hold an offer from Eastern Kentucky University. I’ve talked to coaches from UC, Duke, Louisville, UK, Purdue, Western Michigan, and Dayton.
Of all the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed the most?

I’ve enjoyed playing at Cov Cath's stadium.

Connor had a rough 2022 season, going 2-9. What has to change for you guys to have a better season?
We need to really connect as a team this season, as well as taking this off season more seriously. Developing in the off season is the most important part of football and it’s what we need to focus on the most.

What are your personal goals as well as some of the top goals you have for your team?
Personally, I want to show out this season and show coaches what I'm really made of so I can pick up some more offers. As a team my main goal is to have a winning season that we deserve!

Who is the one team you have yet to beat that you really want to this season?
I would love to beat Cov Cath or Highlands.

What is your favorite song, along with who sings it?
My favorite song right now is Crazy Story by King Von

What toppings go on your perfect pizza?
Bacon and cheese all you need, or even BBQ chicken.

What is your favorite sports movie?
My favorite sports movie is the Blind Side.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Fri May 19, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Dylan “Stewie” Stewart from Connor High School

Post by VetteMan »

Dylan seems to be a very humble, mature hard working young man. Being a Junior this upcoming season, Dylan seems more than willing to put in the extra work and effort to not only improve himself, but to help the team improve their overall record from what they experienced this past season. Good luck and good health Dylan this upcoming season. Hopefully you will be getting more interest from even more Schools this coming season. Good interview.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Dylan “Stewie” Stewart from Conner High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I read that he got a camp invite to Southeast Missouri State.

Return to “Football”