LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Connor Dollison from Unioto High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Connor Dollison

Class 2024

School Unioto High School

Positions played RB, Slot, OLB

On your Hudl Highlights, you excel as a downfield blocker. How much do you enjoy that part of the game, and how much preparation goes into it to make it look as easy as you do?
Blocking is probably one of my favorite aspects of the game, it’s also one of the most important, during our practices we have a whole part of our practice dedicated just to blocking downfield and staying on your block until the whistle blows.

Again, in watching your Hudl highlights when playing outside linebacker, you make it look easy when you blitz, and you seem to always wrap up when making a tackle. How do you stay so disciplined when you make the tackle and not go to the shoulder bumping that rarely works as so many high school players do?
That is also another part of the practice we spend a lot of time on is working our gaps and timing up the snap count, we have always been taught to wrap up and hold on because you know help is coming so it’s pretty much wired into my brain to just hold on and that help is coming

b]Which side of the ball do you enjoy playing the most?[/b]
My favorite side of the ball is definitely defense I just love the contact and I just love everything about it

What part of the game must you improve the most to take your game up a notch or two?
I definitely need to work on my field vision some more this year now that I’m going to be getting a lot more touches than I have in the past.

With this being your senior season, have you approached things differently than you have in the past?
With this being my senior year I’ve been in the gym more than ever and getting as much work in as possible to ensure that this is my best season yet and to take us as far as possible.

Staying with this being your final season playing for Unioto, is it important for you to play in one of the All-Star games around that state, like the North vs. South game?
I would love to get to be a part of that game and it would be an honor but for the most part, all I’m set on is doing everything in my power to get this team to a 10-0 season and make a playoff run.

How would your coach and teammates describe you?
I like to think that they would describe me as a team player who would do whatever it takes to help his team win and just treats everyone like family.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you play?
Yes, I feel like this senior class is a group full of leaders that all the underclassmen can look up to and do look up to because we all know what it was like to look up to those “big kids” playing football when we were younger because we thought they were celebrities.

Where should the state finals be held?
I think it would be amazing to have the state finals in the shoe because I don’t know a single kid in Ohio who wouldn’t kill to play on that field.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I really like the 16 team playoffs because it gives some underrated teams a chance to make their run other than just taking the top 4 and those other teams not being able to show what they can do.

Have you heard from any coaches about playing college ball? Could you name one or two of the schools?
I’ve been on a few visits and talked to a few coaches and by far my two favorites are Ashland University where Maddox Fox and Nathan Morrison both are going and then Ohio University, both of those schools are amazing and I’d love to go to either one of them.

Of all the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed the most?
I really like playing in Waverly because the energy there is just insane and it’s always a good game because Waverly is basically our nonleague rival so it’s always a big game with a full crowd.

What is your favorite song, along with who sings it?
I love older country music and my favorite is angel flying too close to the ground by Willie Nelson.

What toppings go on your perfect pizza?
I just like pepperoni, banana peppers, and sausage on mine.

What is your favorite sports movie?
My favorite sports movie is definitely remember the Titans I’ve always loved that movie ever since I was little.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Connor Dollison from Unioto High School

Post by VetteMan »

Connor seems to be a player that really takes to coaching. Also he places a great deal of importance on every little detail, particularly as to how important practice is. There's very little doubt in my mind that his teammates think that he's a very hard worker, as well as a team leader. I think that Connor will probably be hearing from other schools about playing at the next level during his Senior season. Good interview.

Return to “Football”