LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Cameron Snider from Bethel-Tate

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Cameron Snider

Class 2024

Positions played Quarterback, Punter, Kicker

School Bethel-Tate

How long have you played football, and what makes you keep playing?
I started football in the 5th grade due to having Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. To compete at a high level with my teammates and coaches on Friday nights.

What has been your biggest accomplishment as a football player?
To compete and play at the varsity level all four years of high school as a Quarterback.

What has been your lowest moment as a football player, and how were you able to overcome it?
Not being a conference champion in my junior year like we did in my freshman and sophomore years. Continue to work hard with my teammates and push each other to get better every day.

What goals have you set for yourself as well as those you have in mind for the team?
My goal is to be the best teammate/ leader that I can be to help my team succeed. For me and my teammates, my biggest goal it to be another conference champion.

Bethel-Tate football finished with a 5-5 record last season. What has to change to not only improve that record but also get you guys into the playoffs?
Work better as a team and continue to grow as a unit on both sides of the ball.

Who is the one team you have yet to taste victory against that you want to beat more than any team on the 2023 schedule?
No team is bigger than the next, we have to take every team as seriously as the one before or after.

How would your coaches and teammates describe you?
A leader on and off the field, a hard worker, and cares about his team and teammates more than anything.

Of all the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed the most?
I really enjoy playing in Batavia’s stadium not only because of the field but because of the environment and intensity of the crowd. We have also had plenty of success against them every time we play them.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you play?
Yes, I feel that we all set a good example for the kids coming through the organization. Nolan Darnell and I work a lot with the middle school teams throughout the year as well.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I feel that it is good for high school football as it gives an opportunity to some schools that typically don’t have a chance to compete in the playoffs as a way to prove themselves.

Is there a coach or athlete that you look up to as a role model, and why?
Joe Burrow because I have watched him struggle and succeed. He is also from Ohio so it shows that anyone can make it with some hard work.

Have you heard from any college coaches? If yes, can you name one or two of the schools?
Football- MSJ from coach Caleb Corrill
Baseball- Offer from Rio Grande along with plenty of talks and conversations with Division 1 and 2 schools.

XFL or USFL?
I typically don’t watch either as I tend to watch more college football.

You play football, baseball, and basketball for Bethel-Tate. That seems to be rare in today's world. Nice job on being able to do that while maintaining a high GPA. My question is: how long have you played each sport, and which one do you feel you are better at?
Thank you and I have played football since 5th grade, basketball, and baseball since I was 4. I would have to say that I am better at baseball. Even though I have played all three sports at the varsity level all three years so far and plan on making it a fourth, I have kept my Gpa at a 4.3 through my junior year so far. All thanks to God.

What is your favorite song, along with who sings it?
Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band because it was my first song that I ever learned and still brings great memories.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Cameron Snider from Bethel-Tate

Post by VetteMan »

If there is an award that is given each year for the most unselfish player on the team, my pick for the award would go to Cameron. To at least 5 or 6 of your questions, Cameron with his answers mentioned his team or his teammates each and every time. That in itself is very rare to see these days. Rio Grande has a very good Baseball Program, good luck in whichever direction you decide to go. Good interview.

Return to “Football”