2023 Player Spotlight with Reese Yahner from Brockway (Pa) High School

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight with Reese Yahner from Brockway (Pa) High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Reese Yahner

School Brockway

Positions played Right guard, Center, Right tackle, And Left tackle.

How long have you played football?
I have played for 5 years.

What are your goals for the 2023 season and your goals for the team
The main goal for the team is a D9 championship.

What was the best and worst part of the 2022 season?
The best part of the 2022 season was making it to the d9 finals and the worst part was losing a close game in the d9 championship.

What have you been able to accomplish during the offseason to make you a better player on the field?
For the off-season, I have been lifting consistently 5 days a week and getting turf work anytime I can.

After the season is all over, how important will it be to you to be able to play in one or two of the All-Star games around the state?
All-star games will be extremely important and memorable to me ending my high school career and it will most likely be the last time I’ll play with teammates and players from my district.

What is your favorite moment on the football field?
My favorite moment on the field is just being with my teammates I wouldn’t trade them for the world they mean everything to me.

Looking at the schedule for this coming season, who is the team you most want to beat? Why?
Going into the season looking at the schedule we’re not looking at one specific team our motto is “It’s about us” and we’re taking it one game at a time.

Do you have any college offers? If you do, can you share a few with our readers?
As of now, I do not.

What is your biggest strength as a football player?
My biggest strength is definitely my mindset and my knowledge of the offensive line.

What do you feel you must improve to take your game to the next level?
I definitely need to improve my speed for college.

Is there a coach or athlete that you look up to as a role model, and why?
As a role model, I look up to my brother Joel Yahner he has taught me everything I know and coached me up mentally all of my football life, and has supported me through it all.

Are you approaching things any differently than you have in the past, given that this is your final high school season?
Something I’m going to do this season differently is not take anything for granted time has moved fast since freshman year and it’s my last ride.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you play?
My teammates and I are definitely role models to the younger kids at our school, we hold an annual youth football camp for the kids of Brockway and ever since I was a kid I’d look up to all of the football players.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Mon May 08, 2023 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight with Reese Yahner from Brockway (Pa) High School

Post by VetteMan »

The State of Pa. has long been known for how strong they are viewed when it comes to High School Football. Brockway competing in classification D9, kind of gives you the impression that they may be similar to the State of Ohio in that regard. As far as the teams schedule is concerned, I think that Reese has the right mindset in taking it one game at a time. As far as the team holding their Annual Football Camp for the Kids, it would be great if every team did something similar. Good interview as usual.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

D9 is the district they play in.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:43 pm D9 is the district they play in.
Thank you. I should have realized that it had nothing to do with classification.

Return to “Football”