LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player spotlight/Interview with Simon Price Fredonia High School, NY

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Simon Price

School Fredonia High School, NY

Class 2024

Positions played Center & Defensive Tackle

How long have you played football and what keeps you playing?
I’ve played for 8 years, probably my friends and coaches, football is how I’ve met my best friends and the coaches I’ve been coached under are still here so I’ve grown under them.

What are your personal goals along with goals you have set for the team?
Some of my personal goals are to make the all-section team or maybe even the all-state team. And some goals I’ve set and other players have set for the team is to finally conquer Highmark Stadium. We’ve gotten there the past two years but never have been able to win there.

What were the best and worse parts of the 2022 season?
I think the best part of my 2022 season was finally getting revenge on Medina and beating them on their home field. And definitely, the worst part of my 2022 season was losing at Highmark, especially in such a close game.

Which side of the ball is harder for you to play? Explain.

Personally, I think defense is harder to play. Just because you have no idea what the offense is running until the ball is snapped.

Do you think that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you guys play?
100%, the number of kids that come up to us after the game and congratulate us is awesome, I’ve even had parents come up to me and say that their kid loves the team. We even have some of the little kids be our water boys, they love being on the sideline with us.

During the off-season what have you been able to accomplish to help you become a better player on the field?
During the offseason, something that I’ve wanted to accomplish was being a better pass rusher. And I’ve been able to accomplish that with the help of my coach/trainer Chad Mason. He does so much for us I don’t think I’d be half the player I am without him.

What type of lineman is the hardest for you to go up against? Explain.
The type of lineman that is the hardest to go up against is a smaller lineman. For me, the bigger lineman is easier for me to get under and turn, while the smaller lineman is somewhat my size and most of them are scrappier.

If you could change one rule in high school football what would it be and why?
If I could change one rule in high school football it would be the celebration rule. I think this as if you make a big play you should be able to celebrate your accomplishment. Most times the flag is for a small celebration, like a handshake or even a small dance.

What has been your favorite moment on the football field?
My favorite on the football field was blocking for my best friend getting a carry on his senior night. He’s a kicker so he never had a chance during the season.

What is the best advice you have been given as far as football goes, and who gave it to you?
The best advice I’ve been given was “run through them, no matter what” and the person who gave that to me was my offensive line coach, Coach Gromala.

How would your coaches and teammates describe you?
I believe my coaches and teammates would describe me as a learner who’s always smiling. Ever since my 7th-grade year, I’ve kept the Nickname “Chuckles” I guess it’s because I’m always laughing and smiling.

How do you keep the team up when things are going bad?
When the teams down, I’m always trying to make them laugh, or at least get a smile out of them. My belief is that a happy team is always a good team.

Have you spoken to any college coaches about playing at the next level? If so can you tell the readers about some of them?
I actually have not spoken to college coaches about playing to the next level.

What is the one food that you enjoy that most do not?
One food that I enjoy that other people don’t is coleslaw, a lot of people I know hate coleslaw, but personally, I don’t know why it gets all the slander.

What is your favorite type of music along with your favorite song and the artist that sings it?
My favorite type of music is probably rap. And my favorite song is probably “Do What I Want”, by Lil Uzi Vert

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player spotlight/Interview with Simon Price Fredonia High School, NY

Post by VetteMan »

I think that's great that Simon seems to relish the roll of being the upbeat guy on his team, that has been and is always willing to do what is necessary to keep his teammates in a good mood. I also agree, that young kids boys and girls, most certainly do look up to the older kids as role models. It wouldn't surprise me at all if not only the players, but the Coaches as well just might look to "Chuckles" to lighten the mood in certain situations. Good interview.

Return to “Football”