SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Christian Collins Fairland High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Christian Collins

School Fairland High School

Class

Positions played WR/DB

What makes you want to play football?
My love for the game and pushing to make it to the next level.

What do you believe is the greatest challenge most high school football players face in today's game?
Not watching film and knowing the other players habits or patterns.

What has been your favorite moment on the football field?
Probably against south point this year after I got my second interception that game I felt like I was him😂

How would you help a teammate if you noticed that they were struggling to learn a new play?
Tell them to go home and study it and study it in school when they aren’t doing any work.

What is the best advice you have been given as far as football goes, and who gave it to you?
Probably just to keep going no matter what is happening and to just keep your head down and keep working and it will all fall into place and that came from my trainer Tavaris Thompson.

How would your coaches and teammates describe you?
I would say smart, knows where to be at and understands coverages, and long and athletic.

How do you keep the team up when things are going bad?
By keeping the energy up and keeping their heads on straight.

What was the most shocking thing about the 2022 season?
We lost way more games than we should have and got out the first round in playoffs.

What were the highs and lows of the 2022 season?
Some highs is that we are young and basically have everyone back with lots of experience and had a pretty good season, a low is that we got out first round and lost 3 regular season games.

Which side of the ball do you enjoy playing the best? Explain.
Offense, for sure, that's what I have spent countless hours working on and route running is so cool to me because you could run 1 route 10 different ways.

Of all the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed the most?

Definitely, at Ironton in tanks stadium, I love playing there.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I do not see anything wrong with it.

Where should the state finals be held?
At the Bengals Stadium or at the University of Cincinnati.

Where is the best place in your area to grab a bite?
Chipotle.

Which type of music do you like best, along with your favorite song, and who sings it?
I probably like rap best but I listen to all kinds of music depending on whatever mood I'm in I can listen to country, r&b, and rap I like it all. But right now my favorite song is Right Here by Rylo Rodriguez.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Christian Collins Fairland High School

Post by VetteMan »

I would probably have to agree with Christian as far as the importance of watching more game film. This may not be popular with a lot of Dragon fans, but in recent years football at Fairland High School seems to play second fiddle to their Basketball teams, both boys and girls. I would be interested to know Christian's thoughts on Coach Cunningham, their Football Coach either resigning, or for whatever reason will not continue as their present Head Football Coach. Good interview.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Christian Collins Fairland High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

VetteMan, do you think with a new coach the football team will have a better season and do you think playing 2nd fiddle to the basketball program will cease?

Return to “Football”