2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Ethan Fry from Trinity Pawling High School (N.Y.)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Ethan Fry from Trinity Pawling High School (N.Y.)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Ethan Fry

School: Trinity Pawling

Class: 2024

Positions played: Qb

Your first year as a quarterback went as well as one could hope. First Team All-State, First Team All-WNY, and League MVP, he passed for over 2,700 yards, rushed for over 600 yards, and had 35 touchdowns. What are your goals for this coming season?

My Goals for this upcoming season are to improve on everything. I have a great opportunity to go to Trinity Pawling to showcase my talent to college coaches. This is a make-or-break year for my future.

With this being your final high school season, will you approach things any differently?
Absolutely I’ve been given the opportunity to re-class to 2024 and attend Trinity Pawling which gives me another year of high school but it won’t be like last year. I’ve really soaked in the memories with the ppl I grew up with and have just enjoyed the last key hs memories that were to be had. Next year at Trinity it is nothing but business I’m going into this planning on dominating and nothing less than that.

What is your favorite play to run? Explain.
I like running RPOs I enjoy being able to take advantage of the defense. They are always wrong with an RPO they can’t take everything away it’s an easy 5-6 yards every play

What has been your favorite moment on the field, along with your most embarrassing moment?

My favorite moment was definitely getting back to the stadium after beating Medina the team that ended our season the previous year. Everyone had us as underdogs going into that game and we silenced everyone that was a great feeling.

My most embarrassing moment was probably losing in the stadium. We had a lot of expectations going into the season, and then the final game I didn’t deliver enough to get the W. I had a lot of people counting on me to win that game and we came up short.

What were the highs and lows of the 2022 season?
There were plenty of highs and lows the first low beam when we took a week 4 loss to Salamanca at that moment, we had a choice to win out and get to the playoff or we could have called it quits in the season right there but our team bounced back and was able to make it back to the championship where unfortunately we came up short

What, if any, are your pre-game rituals?
I take a 30-45 min nap before every game no matter what.

Who was the best team that Fredonia faced last season, and what made them so good?

I would say, Lackawanna was the best team we played. They were very balanced beasts they had size and athleticism. And they had a good coach and stuff. They came into the game with a good game plan to try and hinder our offense which not many people were able to do this year and they executed very well. Props to them.

Do you think you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you guys play?

Absolutely. To this day young kids in our community come up to us and ask for pictures and high-fives. as role models in the community. Most of the athletes participate in coaching our youth camps and are able to interact with the youth that’s one of my favorite things to do. I love seeing the smiles on the kid's faces when the athletes from their high school show up to coach them. I know the feeling that they feel because I was that kid at one point and people would be lying if they say that they weren’t that kid at one point too.

What are your greatest strengths as a football player?

I feel my greatest strengths are my leadership skills and my ability to adapt. I’ve had to adapt all my life on and off the field. I pride myself on being able to do that. I also pride myself on being a great leader for my teams, as a quarterback you have to be the best leader on the field and if you’re not, you’re not cut out to be a quarterback.

If you could change one thing about the way football is played, what would it be?
I wish we could go back to how it used to be played with the big hits on everyone without people being so upset about it. Hitting ppl is what’s fun about football and these new rules are trying to take that from us

Have you heard from any college coaches about playing at the next level? If yes, can you name one or two of them?

Yes, I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to visit a couple of schools and have a couple of schools come to watch me work out.
Monmouth, New Hampshire, And northern Illinois are the main 3 who have been talking to me as of right now but there are plenty more.

What is your favorite class?
I enjoy health and PE the most. Just because that’s what I want to do when I’m older so I try to take in as much as I can to see what it would be like being in their shoes. I also have an internship with both the health and PE teachers at our school so I get a first-hand experience of it.

Where is the best spot in town to grab a bite?
There are not many places in the small town. But Fred’s and the Beaver Club both have rly good wings and are owned by the same person so it’s always nice to go to one of those places with the boys and get some grub

Other than sports, what is your favorite thing to do?

I enjoy going on bike rides and working out. I also enjoy hanging out with my friends and we don’t do much other than sports around here so it’s hard to say what I like doing other than that bc my life rly revolves around sports it’s what I love to do.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Ethan Fry from Trinity Pawling High School (N.Y.)

Post by VetteMan »

Sounds as if Ethan's first year of playing QB was a pretty successful season. He also seems to realize that the fun and games are over with, and that this upcoming season will be very important to him if he wants have a chance to play at the next level. It's great that he wants to be a leader for his teammates, plus the fact that he and his teammates can be, and are usually roll models for the young kids in the community. Good interview.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Ethan Fry from Trinity Pawling High School (N.Y.)

Here is my interview with him from last season
https://pafootballnews.com/news/2022-in ... edonia-ny/

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:25 pm Here is my interview with him from last season
https://pafootballnews.com/news/2022-in ... edonia-ny/
Very good interview from last season as well.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Thanks.

Return to “Football”