SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight with Ian Erb Mineral Ridge High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Ian Erb

School Mineral Ridge

Class 2024

Positions played RB/QB and SS/OLB

How long have you played football?
I have played Football since I was 5 years old.

What advice would you give that first-year starter right before he takes the field?
I would advise first-year starter to clear your mind and go out there and make plays and have fun.

What have you been able to accomplish during the offseason to make you a better player on the field?
In the offseason, I’ve been able to put on muscle and get faster which will translate onto the field. I’ve also been able to become even closer with my teammates and build more bonds.

After the season is all over, how important will it be to you to be able to play in one or two of the All-Star games around the state?
It would be an honor to be able to participate in one of the All-Star games.

What is your most embarrassing moment on the football field?
I try not to get embarrassed or allow myself to become mentally defeated but fumbling is probably the most embarrassing.

What is your favorite moment on the football field?
My favorite moment on the football field is being able to celebrate with my teammates what accomplished. Beating our rival on the road is a memory I’ll never forget.

Which side of the ball is harder to play for you? Explain:
I love playing both sides of the ball and don’t think one is harder than the other. But they both have their challenges.

Looking at the schedule for this coming season, who is the team you most want to beat? Why?
We want to win every game this year so they’re all important to us. But beating Mcdonald is always a priority since their our rival. But beating Springfield and Lowellville is important to the team because they beat us last year and are good competition.

What are your personal goals and goals you have set for the team?
Some personal goals are to rush for 1000 yards and throw for 1000 yards. Also, Win Trumbull County Player of The Year and make Big 22. Some Team goals are to win the league and make a huge playoff run.

Do you have any college offers? If you do, can you share a few with our readers?
I don’t have any offers as of now but am talking to some schools.

What is your favorite TV show?
My Favorite TV show is Seinfeld or Stranger Things.

Where is your dream vacation spot?
I would love to go to Europe or the Bahamas.

Where is the best spot in your area to grab a bite?
My favorite place to grab a bite is Coaches Grill.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight with Ian Erb Mineral Ridge High School

Post by VetteMan »

If Ian has been able to put on muscle plus maintain his speed, that should serve him quite well this upcoming season. Even though it can change the momentum and even the outcome in some situations, I doubt very much that there has ever been a QB, a RB or a WR that at some point in their playing career has not coughed up or fumbled the football. Some pretty lofty goals for this upcoming season, on the other hand, they can't be attainable if a person doesn't strive for them. Good interview as usual.

Return to “Football”