2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Quentin Russo from Dixie Heights High School (Ky)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Quentin Russo from Dixie Heights High School (Ky)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name : Quentin Russo

School: Dixie Heights

Class: 2024

Positions played: OL/DL

How important is spring ball as far as getting the team ready for the upcoming season?
I think Spring ball is a HUGE step for teams to get ready for the season. Instead of your first live-action being later in the summer, it’s in the Spring. As well, it’s a big step for the recruiting process, you can get film to coaches before anyone else can.

What goals have you set for yourself for the 2023 season?
Some goals I have for the 2023 season is obviously to have the best season possible with my brothers. Last year was a rather rough season, I plan to do much better this year. For the long road, I plan to get recruited as much as possible to find my best fit.

In your opinion, who was the best player you went up against last season, and which team did he play for?
The best player I had to go up against last year was by far Aba Salm from Simon Kenton. I’m not shocked he committed to Kentucky. His strength and grit were through the roof.

Looking back at all of the road games you played, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most? Explain.
My favorite away game would have to be Conner. Our team really came together that game being down by 14 in the first half. We had a nice crowd, and beautiful weather, and finished with a win.

What will you miss most about the 2023 seniors?
The thing I’ll miss the most about the seniors was how close we all were. Most of them played OL, so I spent most days with them. They were a very enjoyable class to be around.

What are you looking most forward to this season?
The thing I look most forward to this season is seeing my class finally come together after sticking with it since middle school, some longer. Our class has always been a bigger football class and I know we have a lot of talent.

Of the positions you played last season, which one was the hardest? Explain.
Out of the positions I played, I would have to say the hardest was offensive tackle. You have your QB blind side against someone who’s very fast. You have to be disciplined, quick, and smart all at once.

Of the lessons you learned during the 2022 season, which one will you be able to use to be an even better player this season?
I realized if I get injured I need to rest and not try to rush it back. I went out with an ankle injury during Beechwood, instead of resting it I wanted to rush back and get into the S.K. I ended up never getting back fully and having to do lots of rehab and rest during the off-season.

Which road game are you looking forward to the most this season? Why?
I think this year I’m looking forward to playing Cincinnati Hughes High School over the river. I think a travel game that’s something different will give us adversity we need to overcome.

What is the best advice you have been given by a coach about playing football, and who was it?
I think the best advice I’ve ever gotten was from my current Coach, Coach Burke. It’s very simple but it means a lot. “If you’re going to show up and not give 100%, what’s the point in showing up? It’s only wasting your time, not anyone else’s.”

Can you share with the readers any colleges that have been recruiting you?
I’ve been talking to MSJ and recently went on a visit to Centre. Neither has offered me, however, I plan to continue talking to them and other schools as well.

What is the best and worst part of practice?
Practice…. Team is by far the best part. Competing with your best friends and most importantly hitting! The worst parts are those days when the weather sucks and everything is going against you.

Where is the best place in town to grab a bite?
The best place in town to grab a bite to eat is simple …. Chipotle. However, If you somehow get bored of it, Skyline is always the way to go.

Have you watched any of the XFL or USFL games? If so, which is better?
I don’t watch much of the XFL or the USFL but I do like some of the XFL rules, I think it’s interesting how they change it up from the NFL.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Quentin Russo from Dixie Heights High School (Ky)

Post by VetteMan »

I notice that Quentin plays both offensive and defensive line. Are schools recruiting him at both positions, or is that still to be determined? In most cases trying to return to early while still nursing an injury, more often than not seems to back fire on the player. Is Dixie Heights High School located in Lexington, Kentucky? Good interview.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Quentin Russo from Dixie Heights High School (Ky)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

No Dixie is right close to Cincinnati. I think it is in Edgewood Ky.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:05 am No Dixie is right close to Cincinnati. I think it is in Edgewood Ky.
Thank you.

Return to “Football”