Fairlands Cunningham stepping down as head coach

84Dragon
JV Team

Fairlands Cunningham stepping down as head coach

Post by 84Dragon »

I just read that Fairland will be looking for a new head football coach , Cunningham is apparently retiring from coaching .

osu 77
All State

Re: Fairlands Cunningham stepping down as head coach

Post by osu 77 »

84Dragon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:53 am I just read that Fairland will be looking for a new head football coach , Cunningham is apparently retiring from coaching .
Good luck in the future.

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

Will M Jackson be the new HC?

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Ump wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:53 am Will M Jackson be the new HC?
That should be a no brainer. He’s the one that kept the team together last year.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

84Dragon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:53 am I just read that Fairland will be looking for a new head football coach , Cunningham is apparently retiring from coaching .
If this true. Where is he going? He has to be leaving for somewhere else?

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

osu 77 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:06 am
Good luck in the future.
Heard he might be joining the Ironton staff.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

irontonwizard wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:15 pm
From what I know he had lost the team. The better players were done playing for him and were either not playing or transferring out.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Coach Cunningham on the Ironton staff would be a great addition

Panther96
Waterboy

Post by Panther96 »

Jonjon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:41 am
Ump wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:53 am Will M Jackson be the new HC?
That should be a no brainer. He’s the one that kept the team together last year.
What was his role last year?

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

Jonjon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:07 pm
From what I know he had lost the team. The better players were done playing for him and were either not playing or transferring out.
What would be the reason for losing the team? Extremely successful in his time as the coach, is he too tough on the kids? are the kids not tough enough to handle it? Seemed to get results on the field, or did he simply retire because he didn't have the drive anymore. I'm genuinely curious.

riverRat52
Riding the Bench

Post by riverRat52 »

A bunch of spoiled kids that have always been told they're the greatest, coached by their dads, with big mouth parents... I would want to step away as well. Hard to get control in that environment.

quizcap11
Waterboy

Post by quizcap11 »

riverRat52 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:23 am A bunch of spoiled kids that have always been told they're the greatest, coached by their dads, with big mouth parents... I would want to step away as well. Hard to get control in that environment.
Wouldn’t say the parents have anything to do with it or the kids. Maybe his actions and how he treated the players has some impact on how they feel about him. There’s PLENTY of off the field dirt that should’ve had him canned years ago. Not to mention he didn’t attend his star players signing or assist him in college recruiting at all.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Jonjon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:07 pm
I heard this too. Apparently kids were tired of him teaching to grab the opposing ballcarrier by the nutz. I mean really? Who does that?

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Brady Trace is the heavy favorite to land this job. He calls the offense and defense at Trimble just like one of their other old coaches did before getting his gig at a local school. I think its part of Phils legacy. Hire good coaches and let them do all the work whole racking up wins.

Ttomcat1000+
Waterboy

Post by Ttomcat1000+ »

Gecko wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:16 am Brady Trace is the heavy favorite to land this job. He calls the offense and defense at Trimble just like one of their other old coaches did before getting his gig at a local school. I think its part of Phils legacy. Hire good coaches and let them do all the work whole racking up wins.
Glad someone noticed. The first trip to the finals Rusty called the O and D. The second trip Brady did the same. But no one can take away from him the fact that he can get great help.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

I was told there was some off field issues also , non football related , but you never know for sure . Im not sure who they will get to coach on that field , new turf would be my first request if I was in the running .There isnt a football field in the state that looks as bad as the Dragons home turf.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

84Dragon wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:15 pm I was told there was some off field issues also , non football related , but you never know for sure . Im not sure who they will get to coach on that field , new turf would be my first request if I was in the running .There isnt a football field in the state that looks as bad as the Dragons home turf.

I would have to agree with you about the field, the sad thing is that it has been that bad for a number of years now.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

the whole place needs bull dozed over

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Just to be clear I’m staying at Meigs. Yes I know about the rumors.

I know, I was D1 fellas
BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

I wouldn’t doubt it if he joins Irontons coaching staff

Return to “Football”