2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Darion Ragsdale from Paducah Tilghman (Ky)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Darion Ragsdale from Paducah Tilghman (Ky)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Darionte Ragsdale

School: Paducah Tilghman High School

Positions played: QB, WR, DB

Class 2024

How long have you played football?
I first started playing in the second grade, so a little over a decade now.

What will you miss most about the 2023 seniors?
I think I’ll miss how close I was to most of them. It felt like a real brotherhood with them there.

Who was the best player you went up against last season, and what team did he play for?
The best player I feel like I went against was Dejuan Mercer, and he played for the Hopkinsville Tigers.

What are you looking forward to in your senior season?
I'm just really looking forward to showing everyone what my team and I can do. There’s been kind of a narrative that we don’t do well in the regular season, and I want to change that for the better.

In watching your HUDL highlights you seem to have a knack for getting to the ball and being a hard hitter. Is there any college or pro player you pattern your game after?
I would say that I model my game after the Chargers safety. Derwin James is hard, but he has excellent ball skills.

What goals have you set for yourself for the 2023 season?
The goals I set for myself are that I want to be consistent in everything I do. I feel like if you want to be an elite player, you have to cut out all the mental mistakes, and I want to be more of a leader for my team. I have the voice, but sometimes I don’t use it.

Which road game are you looking forward to the most this season? Why?
The road game I’m looking forward to is when we play Hopkinsville, which is a well-rounded team and has always given me trouble, so I just want a chance to put a W back in that column.

As a defensive player, do you prefer playing against an offense that runs more or passes more? Explain.
In my opinion, I prefer playing against the pass, mainly because I think it’s easier to go fill the hole and hit someone than it is to cover someone running full speed while you’re running backwards, and I’m always up for the challenge.

What is your favorite and least favorite thing about practice?
My favorite thing about practice is the constant competition that goes on throughout the day. I think it makes everyone better in the process. My least favorite thing would have to be the conditioning part of practice at the end. Now, I know it's good for us, but I just generally don’t like that part.

What is the best advice you have been given by a coach about playing football and who was it?
The best advice I’ve been given by a coach was actually by my head coach, Sean Thompson, and he said, "You can’t want to be a dawg and not be willing to put the work in." That part just really stuck with me.

What is your game-day routine?
I don’t really have a game-day routine other than listening to music.

Have you heard from any colleges about playing college ball? If so, can you name a few of them for us?
Unfortunately, I haven’t heard from any coaches about playing college ball, but I’m patient, and I’ll be grateful for anything that comes my way.

Where is the best place in town to grab a bite?
The best place in my town to grab a bite would definitely be Broussard’s Cajun Cuisine.

Who is your favorite pro football team?
My favorite pro football team is the Vikings.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Darion Ragsdale from Paducah Tilghman (Ky)

Post by VetteMan »

Darion rather than talking about what he can do as far as helping his team get better, more than once he constantly mentioned how the team can get better, and how the team can then improve their overall record during the regular season. He just may be a team leader by how he plays, not by what he says. Good interview.

Return to “Football”