2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Chris Gargasz Defensive End Tri-Valley High School

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Chris Gargasz Defensive End Tri-Valley High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Chris Gargasz

School: Tri-Valley High School

Position Played: DE

How long have you played football?11 years.

What goal have you set for yourself as well as the team this season?
To start, I want to be a team leader on and off the field and a mentor for the underclassmen. Also, make first-team all-district and first-team all-MVL. As for my team, I want us to work on playing as one and help keep everyone accountable.

Which side of the ball is harder to play for you?

In my opinion, the offensive line is more challenging to me mentally because a single mistake can cost the whole play.

What advice would you give a first-year starter on opening night?
I would tell them to stick to what we have been practicing all summer long. Also, that after the first play, all the nerves will go away so just play and don’t overthink.

What has been your fondest memory, along with your least favorite, when it comes to football?
My favorite memory is pulling off the win against Jackson at home. My least favorite memory is having to play the last game with my senior teammates against Bloom-Carroll.

What’s your most embarrassing moment on the football field?
My most embarrassing moment was when I was closing down on a sack against Johnathan Alder and I completely miss the quarterback and end up hitting head-to-head with my teammate.

Is it harder going up against a guy your size or a smaller, faster guy?
Personally, it depends on the skill level of the player, not their size or speed.

Have you heard from any college coaches about playing at the next level?
Could you name some of the schools? I was invited to watch a spring game at Toledo University.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
It gives the teams with a not-so-good record a chance to make a good run in the playoffs. I think It also allows for more competition between opposing teams.

What is your favorite type of music, along with your favorite song?
I enjoy all genres of music and my favorite song is Sacrifices by Dreamville.

Where is the best place in town to grab a bite to eat?

The Tavern.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Chris Gargasz Defensive End Tri-Valley High School

Post by VetteMan »

When I think of the MVL Conference, I always think of Tri Valley, Sheridan and John Glenn. They are usually always very competitive not only within the conference, but with their non league schedule as well. I remember the game against Jackson very well also. Good interview.

Return to “Football”