2023 Athens Bulldogs

Brownies1
Freshman Team

Re: 2023 Athens Bulldogs

Post by Brownies1 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 2:56 pm not sure Athens is in the greatest of spots program wise.
Athens has certainly had a fall back to reality over the last couple years as far as talent and numbers go. One would say it was due after the run they had from 09-2019 talent wise. It wasn't just football that saw this either as basketball and baseball was similar with relying on the underclassman because of such small classes. I would expect the Dogs to be better than the last couple years with a good amount of experience coming back. This coming years JR class will have 10+ games of VR experience as most played as freshman. I believe they will have roughly 19/22 starters back from last year’s team and only 2-3 of those will be SR’s in the upcoming year. They had a large freshman class last year and have another good freshman class number wise incoming. I believe the middle school numbers are also very good.
By no means am I saying the region should be on notice but I would think with that return and experience they should certainly be looking better than the last couple years.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Brownies1 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:40 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 2:56 pm not sure Athens is in the greatest of spots program wise.
Athens has certainly had a fall back to reality over the last couple years as far as talent and numbers go. One would say it was due after the run they had from 09-2019 talent wise. It wasn't just football that saw this either as basketball and baseball was similar with relying on the underclassman because of such small classes. I would expect the Dogs to be better than the last couple years with a good amount of experience coming back. This coming years JR class will have 10+ games of VR experience as most played as freshman. I believe they will have roughly 19/22 starters back from last year’s team and only 2-3 of those will be SR’s in the upcoming year. They had a large freshman class last year and have another good freshman class number wise incoming. I believe the middle school numbers are also very good.
By no means am I saying the region should be on notice but I would think with that return and experience they should certainly be looking better than the last couple years.

definitely sounds better no knock on Athens by any means. how long do they allow the home town kid stay as HC if there’s no improvement.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Athens needs to hope for a totally new coaching staff at OU and pray that every coach brings a D1 caliber son that’s in jr high or high school with them. Otherwise they’re never getting close to where they were. But the coach is safe regardless. There isn’t anyone at Athens who has the authority to oust a coach and also cares enough about football to make any effort. I doubt that any of them could even find the stadium without GPS, unless they have a kid playing soccer or in the marching band and even then they probably don’t realize that they play football on the same field as soccer. 😂

Boston Creampuff
Riding the Bench

Post by Boston Creampuff »

eagle25 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:58 am
Athens needs to hope for a totally new coaching staff at OU and pray that every coach brings a D1 caliber son that’s in jr high or high school with them. Otherwise they’re never getting close to where they were. But the coach is safe regardless. There isn’t anyone at Athens who has the authority to oust a coach and also cares enough about football to make any effort. I doubt that any of them could even find the stadium without GPS, unless they have a kid playing soccer or in the marching band and even then they probably don’t realize that they play football on the same field as soccer. 😂
I hate KICKBALL

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Boston Creampuff wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:09 pm
eagle25 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:58 am

I hate KICKBALL
I don’t know about “kickball” but Athens is awful in football.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

MarauderMadness wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:51 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:39 am
Lonesome Polecat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:44 am

There is NO WAY Meigs joins a league where at best they win one league game per year.
Well they're already in the TVC, so is 2 wins a year really any different? 😂
Take all the jabs ya want. But D1 is building monsters in the weightroom and he has the fastest player in conference back. 10-0 and a deep playoff run. You heard it here first.
N. Y. Has fastest player in tvc

Return to “Football”