Morgan joining the Twin State League? Other expansion?

boss8
JV Team

Morgan joining the Twin State League? Other expansion?

Post by boss8 »

https://www.twinstateleague.com/_files/ ... adbce6.pdf

Found these meeting minutes from January to be very interesting. Morgan's AD was at the TSL meeting and it looks like there is interest on both sides. Also approaching Ripley, Cambridge, and Waterford. Would love to see this conference grow.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Re: Morgan joining the Twin State League? Other expansion?

Post by muskiefan11 »

I think if Morgan leaves the MVL, the MVL’s first replacement call would be Cambridge. MVL has already expanded into Guernsey County with Meadowbrook and would continue Meadowbrook Cambridge rivalry and allow for the expansion of JG Cambridge rivalry to all sports.

I would have to think Cambridge would much rather join the MVL than potentially travel to Ripley (1hr 15), Morgan (1hr on horrible roads), or Point Pleasant (2 hrs).

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

muskiefan11 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:58 pm I think if Morgan leaves the MVL, the MVL’s first replacement call would be Cambridge. MVL has already expanded into Guernsey County with Meadowbrook and would continue Meadowbrook Cambridge rivalry and allow for the expansion of JG Cambridge rivalry to all sports.

I would have to think Cambridge would much rather join the MVL than potentially travel to Ripley (1hr 15), Morgan (1hr on horrible roads), or Point Pleasant (2 hrs).
I was told by a very reliable source, someone I think is reliable so take that for what it's worth, that before the school year Morgan, Crooksville and NL spoke to the TSL and that NL was very adamant no, Crooksville does whatever NL does, and that Morgan was more intrigued. I have my own personal belief that Morgan does not want to be in the Big School division of the MVL for 2024 when them and Maysville switch. IF Morgan were to leave I believe Crooksville will have to look elsewhere especially if the MVL adds bigger schools than Maysville & Philo. Their competitiveness in the MVL is getting worse and worse. That would leave West as the small school and the Tornadoes have been more competitive recently.

I don't know if the TSL is good for Crooksville or if they would look toward TVC or MSL Cardinal..... or if either of those would want them.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Play60Football wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:23 am
muskiefan11 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:58 pm I think if Morgan leaves the MVL, the MVL’s first replacement call would be Cambridge. MVL has already expanded into Guernsey County with Meadowbrook and would continue Meadowbrook Cambridge rivalry and allow for the expansion of JG Cambridge rivalry to all sports.

I was told by a very reliable source, someone I think is reliable so take that for what it's worth, that before the school year Morgan, Crooksville and NL spoke to the TSL and that NL was very adamant no, Crooksville does whatever NL does, and that Morgan was more intrigued. I have my own personal belief that Morgan does not want to be in the Big School division of the MVL for 2024 when them and Maysville switch. IF Morgan were to leave I believe Crooksville will have to look elsewhere especially if the MVL adds bigger schools than Maysville & Philo. Their competitiveness in the MVL is getting worse and worse. That would leave West as the small school and the Tornadoes have been more competitive recently.

I don't know if the TSL is good for Crooksville or if they would look toward TVC or MSL Cardinal..... or if either of those would want them.
I agree that Morgan doesn’t want to go to the big school division. They were onboard with the split because it got them out of playing Tv, Sheridan, and JG and now they’re back to playing them twice and not to mention guaranteed travel to Rv in all sports.

As for Crooksville, they are in a tough spot. They are one of the founding members of the MVL and I’m sure that pulls some weight in staying or leaving but their enrollment continues to decline and they seem to be getting less competitive. The TVC Hocking would be a good fit size and competition wise but not sure about the travel to Southern/Eastern. The MSL travel wise would be a good fit (about 45 minutes everywhere) but do they want to be a part of playing Harvest Prep and Wellington?

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

muskiefan11 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:07 am
Play60Football wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:23 am

I agree that Morgan doesn’t want to go to the big school division. They were onboard with the split because it got them out of playing Tv, Sheridan, and JG and now they’re back to playing them twice and not to mention guaranteed travel to Rv in all sports.

As for Crooksville, they are in a tough spot. They are one of the founding members of the MVL and I’m sure that pulls some weight in staying or leaving but their enrollment continues to decline and they seem to be getting less competitive. The TVC Hocking would be a good fit size and competition wise but not sure about the travel to Southern/Eastern. The MSL travel wise would be a good fit (about 45 minutes everywhere) but do they want to be a part of playing Harvest Prep and Wellington?
It's going to be interesting to see what the MSL Cardinal does. FC Fan can explain more but remember there was turmoil with the cardinal seemingly moments away from breaking off before the Ohio Division, now CBL or CBC or something like that did it first. The Cardinal does not want HP or Wellington and if they're forced to take them I could see them, and believe they should break off as well. That would leave some schools with spots to fill. Crooksville is too small for the MVL and can't really compete anymore with the bigger schools. Their facilities are incredible now though.

Chuck Sheetz
Waterboy

Post by Chuck Sheetz »

Look at all this cut and run talk. Everyone of these teams couldnt cut it in their old leagues so they cut and ran for greener pasteures. Same thing Athens did when they ran from the voted in a bunch of teams and then eft because they didnt believe their kids were good enough to win games. This is worse though. A whole league based on cutting and running.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

Chuck Sheetz wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:31 am Look at all this cut and run talk. Everyone of these teams couldnt cut it in their old leagues so they cut and ran for greener pasteures. Same thing Athens did when they ran from the voted in a bunch of teams and then eft because they didnt believe their kids were good enough to win games. This is worse though. A whole league based on cutting and running.
If thats true I cant believe Racine hasnt applied

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye
Morgan
Warren
Marietta
Point Pleasant

That’s a fun league. Morgan just can not compete in the bigger mvl. They are welcomed in the TSl same goes with Cambridge.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

I owuld agree. Sounds great. Lets rename it the "Lets Have Fun League".

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:46 pm Fort Frye
Morgan
Warren
Marietta
Point Pleasant

That’s a fun league. Morgan just can not compete in the bigger mvl. They are welcomed in the TSl same goes with Cambridge.
Morgan in the LHFL? So they are literally going to drive past every team in the TVC so they can get they azz waxed by Point Pleasant. Doesnt sound like fun to me.

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Fake News from hannan. We would happily join a conference for shcools with the same number of kids per acre.

LOVE LIKE A CHAMP!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:46 am
Morgan
Warren
Marietta
Point Pleasant

Morgan in the LHFL? So they are literally going to drive past every team in the TVC so they can get they azz waxed by Point Pleasant. Doesnt sound like fun to me.
Better chance vs Point than they do Vs Tri Valley and Sheridan

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Morgan
Warren
Marietta
Point Pleasant

Cambridge met w/ ADs from TSL yesterday. Now that Morgan has decided to stay in MVL, looks like Cambridge is looking elsewhere. This would more than likely be the end of the OVAC membership..that's crazy to me.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BobcatQB wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:02 am
Morgan
Warren
Marietta
Point Pleasant

Cambridge met w/ ADs from TSL yesterday. Now that Morgan has decided to stay in MVL, looks like Cambridge is looking elsewhere. This would more than likely be the end of the OVAC membership..that's crazy to me.
Fort Frye is in both. They still compete in OVAC events. It just helps big time with scheduling.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

Morgan
Warren
Marietta
Point Pleasant

What is Morgan's hesitancy with joining the TSL? does anyone have an idea? I know in those board minutes posted there seem to be a fear of not getting enough teams to schedule or being blackballed from the MVL? What does getting blackballed from the MVL even mean really. If Cambridge were to join the TSL is that another feather in the cap to lure other teams in or does it keep them away..... extra travel time etc.

IDK why but I love conference realignment, it fascinates me!

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:48 am
Morgan
Warren
Marietta
Point Pleasant

Fort Frye is in both. They still compete in OVAC events. It just helps big time with scheduling.
Warren is in both, we won the 5A volleyball tournament this year. We don’t play a ton of those schools usually, but it’s nice to have in the back pocket if a call needs to be made.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Morgan
Fort
Point
Marietta
Warren
Cambridge

Is a perfect group with similar size teams it be very competitive. Great for scheduling as well

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Athens doesn’t want to admit it but they fit better with this group than the tvc

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

I hope that they continue in the OVAC but I know there has been discussion about leaving. Didn't realize FF and Warren were still in.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Play60Football wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:54 am
Morgan
Warren
Marietta
Point Pleasant

What is Morgan's hesitancy with joining the TSL? does anyone have an idea? I know in those board minutes posted there seem to be a fear of not getting enough teams to schedule or being blackballed from the MVL? What does getting blackballed from the MVL even mean really. If Cambridge were to join the TSL is that another feather in the cap to lure other teams in or does it keep them away..... extra travel time etc.

IDK why but I love conference realignment, it fascinates me!
It is fascinating. Any MVL member who leaves has to pay a $10,000 exit fee. That could be a big part of it.

Return to “Football”