Portsmouth Notre Dame - From there to here.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth Notre Dame - From there to here.

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Underb@@b01! wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:15 pm The buzz seems good coach seems to be getting kids excited at a grad party I heard some kids from Portsmouth talking about their interest in working with a nfl player. Might get some transfers in due to his name
I doubt many Portsmouth kids have interest in leaving for ND lol. Portsmouth football has been rejuvenated under Kalb, should be good again this season. They have a former D1 athlete and camp invitee on their staff, the NFL thing isn’t that enticing. Not to mention I think Portsmouth will be the recipient of transfers in football just because some kids may want to play basketball for Lisath.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:18 pm
Underb@@b01! wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:15 pm The buzz seems good coach seems to be getting kids excited at a grad party I heard some kids from Portsmouth talking about their interest in working with a nfl player. Might get some transfers in due to his name
I doubt many Portsmouth kids have interest in leaving for ND lol. Portsmouth football has been rejuvenated under Kalb, should be good again this season. They have a former D1 athlete and camp invitee on their staff, the NFL thing isn’t that enticing. Not to mention I think Portsmouth will be the recipient of transfers in football just because some kids may want to play basketball for Lisath.
It's more significant than people realize. Look at meigs. They had a former NFL player and the program went Bonkers. Then he leaves. So what does the Brass at Meigs do? they hire a coach who was an award winning D1 player and who had a shot at playing in the CFL. And look where they are? No one could have ever imagined this.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Glad to see that the new coach didn’t duck Eastern like the old coach was planning too. The new guy might not be able to win a game but at least he’s got a set of gonads. :mrgreen:

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Jussmypinion wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:56 am
Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:41 pm
thirtyonetrap wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:16 pm

Eastern gonna stomp a mud hole in they assz.
Assstomping and gonads. The build up for this game is monumental. 😅
Where will The Titans play their home games this season? Portsmouth facilities are nice but they now have a turf house so I'm not sure if using their facilities is an option now. I'm hearing Spartan is on its last leg.
The Port City Spartans are playing there June 3, so I guess Spartan Stadium is still usable.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:23 pm
Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:41 pm

Assstomping and gonads. The build up for this game is monumental. 😅
Where will The Titans play their home games this season? Portsmouth facilities are nice but they now have a turf house so I'm not sure if using their facilities is an option now. I'm hearing Spartan is on its last leg.
The Port City Spartans are playing there June 3, so I guess Spartan Stadium is still usable.
Are you coaching? Would be a great audition for the new coach. maybe he puts you on staff.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:18 pm

Are you coaching? Would be a great audition for the new coach. maybe he puts you on staff.
Next time I’m at Wal Mart we can talk about it as you greet me on my way in!

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:48 pm
Lonesome Polecat wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:18 pm

Next time I’m at Wal Mart we can talk about it as you greet me on my way in!
Probably be soon since you most likely have your food stamps now

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Although I’m not on welfare, I do not look down on those that are or demean the less fortunate. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you may have a job but I probably over estimated your value to society.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:52 pm Although I’m not on welfare, I do not look down on those that are or demean the less fortunate. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you may have a job but I probably over estimated your value to society.
And you continue to overestimate your own value in this community. Those who help run off coaches are just south of pond scum. Now look at the mess you have created. I wonder how long it is before you start running Coach 0-17 into the ground on here. Unless......you have him in your pocket already.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:36 pm
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:52 pm Although I’m not on welfare, I do not look down on those that are or demean the less fortunate. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you may have a job but I probably over estimated your value to society.
And you continue to overestimate your own value in this community. Those who help run off coaches are just south of pond scum. Now look at the mess you have created. I wonder how long it is before you start running Coach 0-17 into the ground on here. Unless......you have him in your pocket already.
I’ve never over or under estimated my value here. You are the one that says I got him ran off…funny how posts on a message board can get someone ran off. If that’s the case and you think I’m that powerful then I’d be careful.
Anyway…ND needed a change. Others left. New coach. I can’t wait to see all of the schools fighting for the old one!

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:09 pm
I’ve never over or under estimated my value here. You are the one that says I got him ran off…funny how posts on a message board can get someone ran off. If that’s the case and you think I’m that powerful then I’d be careful.
Anyway…ND needed a change. Others left. New coach. I can’t wait to see all of the schools fighting for the old one!
Your posts on here were just a reflection of the garbage you spit out in public. Dont act innocent. You played your part. Granted it was cowardly the way you went about it.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

It may or may not be the case that the online crusade against Bob Ashley is what got him ran off.

But, what is for certain is this specific saga… of the online crusade against him -> ND firing him -> the generally tasteless commentary about how “the change was needed” -> the general rhetoric that ND (a school that has had enrollment challenges and numbers issues the last 20 years) was somehow underachieving in football and that Ashley getting ran was based on performance… has burned the school’s reputation and created unforeseen problems from the fallout. To the point that they hired a random guy out of state, with a very unconvincing and flawed resume, and even more to the point someone who was applying for every job left & right.

The die’s cast, and god knows what the post-Ashley saga is going to look like.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:22 pm

Your posts on here were just a reflection of the garbage you spit out in public. Dont act innocent. You played your part. Granted it was cowardly the way you went about it.
Somebody is obsessed….
Stalker!
Stalker!

A coach with a poor record was let go….MANY people thought so and it proved to be correct!

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Well... from what i heard the men with the money is the reason why Bob Ashley got fired. Let's let people with money run the school and if I don't get my way I'm pulling my money. What a joke! One of the kids who was the main cause of it is no longer there. The association or whatever they call the athletic board pretty much let 1 kid/parent control the situation and it told everyone that they are bigger than the program.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Hoopster98 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:07 am Well... from what i heard the men with the money is the reason why Bob Ashley got fired. Let's let people with money run the school and if I don't get my way I'm pulling my money. What a joke! One of the kids who was the main cause of it is no longer there. The association or whatever they call the athletic board pretty much let 1 kid/parent control the situation and it told everyone that they are bigger than the program.
For what it’s worth, the Diocese has said repeatedly to its schools that these organizations are strictly for fundraising purposes and are not to guide the operations of the school’s athletic department.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Hopefully they can get a couple of the daddies on the staff that wanted Ashley out. I’m hearing that those fellas are experts. ND could use a few experts like them in the program. :mrgreen:

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:18 am

Somebody is obsessed….
Stalker!
Stalker!

A coach with a poor record was let go….MANY people thought so and it proved to be correct!
And once again you prove your overinflated ego. No one in this town wants to stalk or be like you. Most wish you would take your act to Newark Catholic. I hear they had a coach recently who was just your type

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Somebody is obsessed….
Stalker!
Stalker!

So, they let a coach with “a poor record” go and replaced him with a coach with a worse record? By your comments on this I’m guessing you are one of the daddy experts who headed this all up. Are you going to lend your expertise to the new coach this season? Or are you going to wait until he gets ran out and then try to take the job yourself?

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:56 pm

Somebody is obsessed….
Stalker!
Stalker!

And once again you prove your overinflated ego. No one in this town wants to stalk or be like you. Most wish you would take your act to Newark Catholic. I hear they had a coach recently who was just your type
All I know is every time or every post…there you are smelling my behind! Every time, Every post!!

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:56 pm
Lonesome Polecat wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:56 pm

Somebody is obsessed….
Stalker!
Stalker!

All I know is every time or every post…there you are smelling my behind! Every time, Every post!!
That sounds more like something you and your buttie at NC would do

Return to “Football”