Post by R.RSports »

Prediction

1. Jackson
2.Chillicothe
3. MT
4.WCH
5.Hillsboro
6. McClain

Jackson runs away with it again. I just don't see any other team in the FAC being able to get the job done.

Chillicothe will be fast and athletic, they will beat everyone but the Ironmen. The potential for the upset is there but who knows, I don't see it happening.

MT can surprise some people but they lost their entire OL and a lot of skill players. It will be the Robinette/ Guess show.

WCH lost too much fire power, I see them being in the middle of the pack.

McClain and Hillsboro will continue to improve, but still a ways off from being legitimate conference contenders.

Its early and anything can happen!

baseball16
All Conference

Re: FAC 2023

Post by baseball16 »

Could you imagine, which I know will probably never happen, if Unioto and Waverly joined this conference?

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

1. Chillicothe
2. Jackson
3. MT
4. Greenfield
5. WCH
6. Hillsboro

Chilli returns a lot of experience and seem to be the only ones in the league that are not scared of Jackson. I believe Galloway and Netters lead the way for Coach Barts first league title. Prediction 8-2 5-0

Jackson is Jackson. However with the departure of Winters I believe they will be more one dimensional. I think MT gives them a scare and Chillicothe beats them in week 10. Prediction 7-3 4-1

MT should be a very solid football team this year. Returning a lot of starters in key positions and was very impressed with their QB play last year. Could be the season that makes or breaks Coach Williams. Prediction 7-3 3-2

Greenfield will give the ball to Potts 30+ times a game, if he can stay healthy Mcclain could surprise some people this year. Prediction 5-5 2-3

Afraid it is going to be a long year for my blue lions. Losing a large senior class, new signal caller, and new staff isn't typically the recipe for success. They will make sure Rocky Jones gets his touches and the kid is truly special but you can't rely on one kid to carry the team. The non league schedule is BRUTAL! They welcome London to Gardner Park week 1. Followed by Western Brown, Marion Franklin, Buckeye Valley, and Monroe. Prediction 3-7 1-4

Hillsboro to me was the least impressive team I watched in the league last year. Prediction 2-8 0-5

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

Bluelion2816 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:27 am 1. Chillicothe
2. Jackson
3. MT
4. Greenfield
5. WCH
6. Hillsboro

Chilli returns a lot of experience and seem to be the only ones in the league that are not scared of Jackson. I believe Galloway and Netters lead the way for Coach Barts first league title. Prediction 8-2 5-0

Jackson is Jackson. However with the departure of Winters I believe they will be more one dimensional. I think MT gives them a scare and Chillicothe beats them in week 10. Prediction 7-3 4-1

MT should be a very solid football team this year. Returning a lot of starters in key positions and was very impressed with their QB play last year. Could be the season that makes or breaks Coach Williams. Prediction 7-3 3-2

Greenfield will give the ball to Potts 30+ times a game, if he can stay healthy Mcclain could surprise some people this year. Prediction 5-5 2-3

Afraid it is going to be a long year for my blue lions. Losing a large senior class, new signal caller, and new staff isn't typically the recipe for success. They will make sure Rocky Jones gets his touches and the kid is truly special but you can't rely on one kid to carry the team. The non league schedule is BRUTAL! They welcome London to Gardner Park week 1. Followed by Western Brown, Marion Franklin, Buckeye Valley, and Monroe. Prediction 3-7 1-4

Hillsboro to me was the least impressive team I watched in the league last year. Prediction 2-8 0-5
How are things starting out with the new coach?

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

Doesn't seem good nor bad thus far, my son attends weight lifting sessions and says they have anywhere from 5-8 kids working out. Coach Everson does not attend weight lifting sessions. They had a meet and greet with coach Everson and passed out a summer schedule. His expectations seem high. (which all new coaches typically are) I know discipline is going to be a key emphasis this year. He definitely will have enough talent to work with, however will he use it right is the question. We return a lot of production and key players from last year but their has been no talk about what kind of offense or defense we are going to run. The "new" coaches are basically a recycled staff of leftovers from last year. Dads and little league coaches.......Obviously we are HOPING for a great season.

First and Goal
Waterboy

Post by First and Goal »

Are any of the players going into town and lifting at Courthouse or over at the YMCA? Only having 5 to 8 players isn't building any team chemistry or not having your new HC go to any weight lifting sessions doesn't sound like a good start. Past few years they would at least have 15 to 20 upper class men lifting. I feel bad for the senior and juniors to be. I wish them all well but, it doesn't sound too promising. I agree with mt1fan they may finish 4th or 5th in FAC.

Ttomcat1000+
Waterboy

Post by Ttomcat1000+ »

Bluelion2816 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:44 am Doesn't seem good nor bad thus far, my son attends weight lifting sessions and says they have anywhere from 5-8 kids working out. Coach Everson does not attend weight lifting sessions. They had a meet and greet with coach Everson and passed out a summer schedule. His expectations seem high. (which all new coaches typically are) I know discipline is going to be a key emphasis this year. He definitely will have enough talent to work with, however will he use it right is the question. We return a lot of production and key players from last year but their has been no talk about what kind of offense or defense we are going to run. The "new" coaches are basically a recycled staff of leftovers from last year. Dads and little league coaches.......Obviously we are HOPING for a great season.
So, low numbers lifting and a staff made up of daddy ball and youth league coaches. Sounds like a recipe for success. :|

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

I’ll guess:

1. Jackson 5-0
2. Chillicothe 4-1
3. Miami Trace 3-2
4. McClain 2-3
5. Washington 1-4
6. Hillsboro 0-5

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

Has anyone heard how Miami Trace, Chillicothe, or Jackson's offseason has been going? Also with the new rule of being able to start helmeted practices on May 15th I wonder how many FAC schools will take advantage of that.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

If I recall WCH was wearing helmets last May anyways

bluelioncrew
Waterboy

Post by bluelioncrew »

jose wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:39 pm If I recall WCH was wearing helmets last May anyways
Just not true, probably would go back and check your sources

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

bluelioncrew wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:00 pm
jose wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:39 pm If I recall WCH was wearing helmets last May anyways
Just not true, probably would go back and check your sources
lol with my own eyes and that is not false

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

"If you aint cheating you aint trying" LOL If that was the case... I am sure they were not the only one's in Ohio doing so. However most Athletic directors and administrators make a point to make it out to practice for a small period of time for at least the first couple weeks of summer football camp. So unless your AD is just turning a blind eye to the program bending the rules I doubt that is the case. This is also coming from someone who supposedly attends all blue lion sporting events and even practices i guess... but has never said one positive thing about any WCH team.

bluelioncrew
Waterboy

Post by bluelioncrew »

Bluelion2816 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:37 am
"If you aint cheating you aint trying" LOL If that was the case... I am sure they were not the only one's in Ohio doing so. However most Athletic directors and administrators make a point to make it out to practice for a small period of time for at least the first couple weeks of summer football camp. So unless your AD is just turning a blind eye to the program bending the rules I doubt that is the case. This is also coming from someone who supposedly attends all blue lion sporting events and even practices i guess... but has never said one positive thing about any WCH team.
HIt the nail right on the head, the Blue Lions went 9-3 last year and by the way the guy talks you would think that they were 0-10

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

bluelioncrew wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:49 am
Bluelion2816 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:37 am
HIt the nail right on the head, the Blue Lions went 9-3 last year and by the way the guy talks you would think that they were 0-10
I heard about it last year. I dont think this is new though. Williamson was always pushing boundaries. But hey to each their own, gotta do what it takes to achieve 9 and 10 win seasons. Even if the rules are broken.

First and Goal
Waterboy

Post by First and Goal »

Wearing helmets in May? I believe he and his staff didn't pass out equipment until June 1st as he did every year at WCH. Plus, AD Phipps was very good about stopping out at practice or following up with football. The Superintendent I heard was even stopping out at practices a few times. A lot of schools now, you invite administration out and they never show or give an excuse as to why they can't. I wish WCH the best, but when you have a new coach and staff, but not doing much of anything until June 1st, you're behind the game. Especially now that OHSAA is allowing May 15th essentially the new start date and you have been allowed to meet in small groups of like 5 to 7 players so many times a week even before that.

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

First and Goal wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:35 am Wearing helmets in May? I believe he and his staff didn't pass out equipment until June 1st as he did every year at WCH. Plus, AD Phipps was very good about stopping out at practice or following up with football. The Superintendent I heard was even stopping out at practices a few times. A lot of schools now, you invite administration out and they never show or give an excuse as to why they can't. I wish WCH the best, but when you have a new coach and staff, but not doing much of anything until June 1st, you're behind the game. Especially now that OHSAA is allowing May 15th essentially the new start date and you have been allowed to meet in small groups of like 5 to 7 players so many times a week even before that.
They are doing NOTHING... my son's final year and trying to earn a scholarship and nobody's lifting, throwing, defending, nothing. Typically when a coach takes over a job he is excited and ready to grab the bull by the horns. This bull is running away and nobody is in sight. My kid has tried to get players to workout together with no involvement of the coaching staff, kids want it more than the coaches....sad.

MTballer1952
Waterboy

Post by MTballer1952 »

Bluelion2816 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:32 am
First and Goal wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:35 am Wearing helmets in May? I believe he and his staff didn't pass out equipment until June 1st as he did every year at WCH. Plus, AD Phipps was very good about stopping out at practice or following up with football. The Superintendent I heard was even stopping out at practices a few times. A lot of schools now, you invite administration out and they never show or give an excuse as to why they can't. I wish WCH the best, but when you have a new coach and staff, but not doing much of anything until June 1st, you're behind the game. Especially now that OHSAA is allowing May 15th essentially the new start date and you have been allowed to meet in small groups of like 5 to 7 players so many times a week even before that.
They are doing NOTHING... my son's final year and trying to earn a scholarship and nobody's lifting, throwing, defending, nothing. Typically when a coach takes over a job he is excited and ready to grab the bull by the horns. This bull is running away and nobody is in sight. My kid has tried to get players to workout together with no involvement of the coaching staff, kids want it more than the coaches....sad.
Well I think you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. The new coach just got his staff finalized a week ago. Since the staff was finalized this past week they have had 4-5 coaches at weight lifting. WCH parents and players are in for a wake up call. This new coach is not going to take anyone's crap. And if they don't like it they can move on down the road. But you know Trace wont take your crap either. My suggestion let the new coach and his staff get to work and stop complaining.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Sounds like a soon to be Miami Trace player, just saying.

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:06 pm
Sounds like a soon to be Miami Trace player, just saying.
Honestly it is up for serious consideration....

Return to “Football”