Incoming Freshmen

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Incoming Freshmen

Post by GrumpyPundit »

Do any programs have incoming freshmen who might make a splash at the varsity level in 2023?

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Incoming Freshmen

Post by XandOs »

Ironton’s 8th grade class last year was one of the best junior high teams I’ve ever seen. They are led by Kayden Edwards. Edwards was a QB safety who reminds me of Braxton Miller at his age. It would be hard to find a better incoming freshman than him. That age group has around 20 players playing and all contributed to the team. Special group.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

XandOs wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:26 am Ironton’s 8th grade class last year was one of the best junior high teams I’ve ever seen. They are led by Kayden Edwards. Edwards was a QB safety who reminds me of Braxton Miller at his age. It would be hard to find a better incoming freshman than him. That age group has around 20 players playing and all contributed to the team. Special group.
Very well said. This 8th grade group is really special. When it comes to football not sure if any of the skill players get to start, but maybe some playing time for sure because there is plenty of skill coming back. There might be a chance for a linemen or 2 to start since there is several openings there. This group is very talented and will only get better with time. Go Tigers

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

irontonwizard wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:44 am
XandOs wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:26 am Ironton’s 8th grade class last year was one of the best junior high teams I’ve ever seen. They are led by Kayden Edwards. Edwards was a QB safety who reminds me of Braxton Miller at his age. It would be hard to find a better incoming freshman than him. That age group has around 20 players playing and all contributed to the team. Special group.
Very well said. This 8th grade group is really special. When it comes to football not sure if any of the skill players get to start, but maybe some playing time for sure because there is plenty of skill coming back. There might be a chance for a linemen or 2 to start since there is several openings there. This group is very talented and will only get better with time. Go Tigers
I know the class is talented but breaking g into the Ironton line will be very tuff. Strength, conditioning and game experience at the varsity level is so important. I have watched these kids and they are talented good luck next year.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Not sure why my post was deleted. Didn’t bash the kid, the school or the parent. I’ve seen much worse slip on past the so called mods on here. But for some reason my post was removed? No worries I’ll just post it again.

Portsmouth has maybe an incoming freshman last name Parker. Kid is a great athlete. Don’t believe he played football last year due to grades. Not sure if it was the school or parents decision. Great football player, many say he will be better than his older brother Talyn who played at Portsmouth just a few years ago. Will have to wait and see if he’s on the team later this summer. I’m hoping he can mature a bit and get back on the field. He would very likely see some varsity time as a freshman. Maybe being the key word as I have no farther info or knowledge on the situation.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

If a freshman starts varsity in football then either the team is very bad or the kid is going to turn 16 at some point during his freshman year. It does seem that graduating as a19 or 20 year old is much more common than it used to be.

SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

Dryden Furley looks to make an impact in Rebelville

Ttomcat1000+
Waterboy

Post by Ttomcat1000+ »

goUK wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:30 am If a freshman starts varsity in football then either the team is very bad or the kid is going to turn 16 at some point during his freshman year. It does seem that graduating as a19 or 20 year old is much more common than it used to be.
Especially at Burg and NY. :shock:

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ttomcat1000+ wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:16 pm
goUK wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:30 am If a freshman starts varsity in football then either the team is very bad or the kid is going to turn 16 at some point during his freshman year. It does seem that graduating as a19 or 20 year old is much more common than it used to be.
Especially at Burg and NY. :shock:
LOL!!

The claims of Burg recruiting are greatly exaggerated on this site, but back in the day, the Burg “red shirt” program was very strong.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

True dat,but there’s nothing wr. On g. With it.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

True dat,but there’s nothing wrong with it.

Return to “Football”