TVC Hocking votes NO on River Valley

Watertown
Waterboy

Re: TVC Hocking votes NO on River Valley

Post by Watertown »

Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:28 am
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:45 pm
Dundas wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:13 pm I think RV would benefit the Hocking in terms of competition
lol who would benefit from this
From a competition standpoint, RV is more equal to the Hocking than the Ohio. So RV would benefit and with Federal Hocking not fielding a football team, the Hocking would benefit by not having a late non conference game to fill. The Ohio would also benefit for the same reason. It’s hard to find a late non conference game that makes sense. So I guess everyone in the TVC would be a little better off if this move happened.
How would Waterford benefit from beating the tar out of another bad team? How would RV benefit from the two hour bus trip to get thumped by a D7 team? Please make me understand this.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Watertown wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:46 pm

From a competition standpoint, RV is more equal to the Hocking than the Ohio. So RV would benefit and with Federal Hocking not fielding a football team, the Hocking would benefit by not having a late non conference game to fill. The Ohio would also benefit for the same reason. It’s hard to find a late non conference game that makes sense. So I guess everyone in the TVC would be a little better off if this move happened.
How would Waterford benefit from beating the tar out of another bad team? How would RV benefit from the two hour bus trip to get thumped by a D7 team? Please make me understand this.
You’ve added 30 minutes probably but sounds like nobody wants RV

Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:19 pm

It’s 1 hour and 37 minutes by car.

No, they bring nothing to the table so we don’t want them.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

As an Ohio division fan, it’s difficult to schedule non conference games in weeks 7-10. That’s where it would benefit Waterford. Both divisions would be even if RV moved down so basically it would help both sides of the TVC. The Hocking would allow RV to play more conference games that they could compete in as well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

95B80B07-C726-4C63-A02E-4AF45982ED34.png
Watertown wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:36 pm

Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:08 pm 95B80B07-C726-4C63-A02E-4AF45982ED34.png
Watertown wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:36 pm

Tell ya what, you jump in your car this morning and make that drive and then tell us how long it really takes. Then do it on a school bus and tell us. I think after you do that you’ll admit that estimate you shared is not accurate. But let’s say you’re right. What benefit would it be for RV to take an hour+ bus ride to get a beat down from a D7 team?

Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:28 pm

As an Ohio division fan, it’s difficult to schedule non conference games in weeks 7-10. That’s where it would benefit Waterford. Both divisions would be even if RV moved down so basically it would help both sides of the TVC. The Hocking would allow RV to play more conference games that they could compete in as well.
We have no problem finding games. We don’t want more games against bad teams and we don’t want a 2 hour bus trip to play a bad team. That’s why we got rid of SG. Why are you so desperate to get rid of RV? And why doesn’t VC want Warren in the TVC Ohio? It’s been said that VC doesn’t want the long bus trip to Warren on weeknights. But you want us to do that just so you can dump RV?

Bmoc616
Riding the Bench

Post by Bmoc616 »

Watertown wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:04 am

We have no problem finding games. We don’t want more games against bad teams and we don’t want a 2 hour bus trip to play a bad team. That’s why we got rid of SG. Why are you so desperate to get rid of RV? And why doesn’t VC want Warren in the TVC Ohio? It’s been said that VC doesn’t want the long bus trip to Warren on weeknights. But you want us to do that just so you can dump RV?
You didn't get rid of SG. They left for another conference by their choosing. I do not blame you on not picking them up non league maybe b/c of competitiveness. But travel for football on a Friday or Saturday shouldn't be an issue. It is literally once every 2 years. RV's best bet is to try and get in the SOC.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Bmoc616 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:07 am

You didn't get rid of SG. They left for another conference by their choosing. I do not blame you on not picking them up non league maybe b/c of competitiveness. But travel for football on a Friday or Saturday shouldn't be an issue. It is literally once every 2 years. RV's best bet is to try and get in the SOC.
Why would RV want the SOC?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Waterford is a real powerhouse :roll:

Bmoc616
Riding the Bench

Post by Bmoc616 »

Raiderball wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:51 am

To be more competitive in all team sports. They obviously already have a dominant wrestling and cross country program. But to be more competitive they would need to make a move IMO. They understand this or they wouldn't have requested a move down to the hocking division of the TVC. If they could get in with Oak Hill, Northwest, and some of the other middle division schools that would help all involved from a competitive standpoint.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Bmoc616 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:04 pm

To be more competitive in all team sports. They obviously already have a dominant wrestling and cross country program. But to be more competitive they would need to make a move IMO. They understand this or they wouldn't have requested a move down to the hocking division of the TVC. If they could get in with Oak Hill, Northwest, and some of the other middle division schools that would help all involved from a competitive standpoint.
10-12 years ago RV left the OVC for the TVC because of the travel. OH and Eastern would be short trips but How do you get from RV to Northwest?

Is football going to be more competitive against Wheelersburg, West, Minford, Valley and Waverly?

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

The SOC is going to three divisions for most sports, except football starting this fall. The middle division will be Oak Hill, Northwest, Eastern, Western, Symmes Valley and South Gallia. If River Valley would join, South Gallia could move to the smaller school division and there could possibly be a middle division for football.

Western and Northwest would be long trips, so I can understand why River Valley fans would rather stay in the TVC Ohio.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

The truth here is that nobody wants RV in their conference. They should just go independent. Then they could schedule to be everyone's homecoming game. Play nothing but road trips and get paid to get that azz thumped.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Bmoc616
Riding the Bench

Post by Bmoc616 »

Raiderball wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:12 pm
Bmoc616 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:04 pm

10-12 years ago RV left the OVC for the TVC because of the travel. OH and Eastern would be short trips but How do you get from RV to Northwest?

Is football going to be more competitive against Wheelersburg, West, Minford, Valley and Waverly?
If they got in the SOC then they would be put in that middle division. That would help them in all the other team sports. As for football it would probably open the doors for the possibility of a 3rd division. That could keep them away from the 3 W schools which would also help Oak Hill & Northwest along with RV be more competitive in football.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:25 am TVC Hocking has voted NO to bringing RV over from the Ohio.

I am hearing the vote was by one vote. 7-6
Let’s face facts fellas, the main reason those jokers want out of the Ohio division is to get away from us. They know with our sophisticated offensive minds we can score at will against their sorry defense. Plus our ex asst knows how we love to beat up on defectors from our program so he wants to dodge us. I figure with how desperately they want out it won’t be long before they land somewhere so we plan to score as much as we can against them before they start ducking us.

I know, I was D1 fellas
on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

Before this is all said and done you’re gonna see Trimble join the Ohio. Most likely federal Hocking will disband their football team and are a little bigger than nelsonville anymore so I think they will join the Ohio too for all other sports. Eastern, Southern, Waterford, and Belpre will probably land playing Caldwell, Frontier, Shenandoah, etc.

Return to “Football”