Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

mustard
JV Team

Re: Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhe

Post by mustard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:45 pm
mustard wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:41 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:09 am

What’s funny is how much you think you know. I can tell you how much $$$$$$ they offered him before they advertised it.
Are you saying they offered him the job? Forget about the pay, just did they interview him, and did they offer?
Yes, they offered him the job before they advertised it. Coach Pendleton and the Moeller staff have been close the last few years, they’ve seen what he can do whether anyone on here wants to give him credit or not, Moeller likes what they’ve seen out of him and offered him the job.
He interviewed? Got the job and didn’t take it?

Wow. Either someone has given you horrendous information or He’s not very smart

lol 😂

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

mustard wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:25 pm
mustard wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:41 am

Are you saying they offered him the job? Forget about the pay, just did they interview him, and did they offer?
Yes, they offered him the job before they advertised it. Coach Pendleton and the Moeller staff have been close the last few years, they’ve seen what he can do whether anyone on here wants to give him credit or not, Moeller likes what they’ve seen out of him and offered him the job.

lol 😂
thought the same thing :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

JTEK wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:35 pm

lol 😂
Maybe, just maybe he’s happy right where he’s at. Coach Lutz had opportunities to Coach at the next level, he was happy right where he was at. What’s the difference If he doesn’t want to Coach at the next level and stay’s where he’s at? He’s right here where his family and friends are, they have businesses around the area, why leave?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:20 pm

lol 😂
Maybe, just maybe he’s happy right where he’s at. Coach Lutz had opportunities to Coach at the next level, he was happy right where he was at. What’s the difference If he doesn’t want to Coach at the next level and stay’s where he’s at? He’s right here where his family and friends are, they have businesses around the area, why leave?
He’s happy where he is now because he was never offered the job.

Coach Elder and his staff may love Pendleton, but Elder does not have the final word on hiring. Moeller has a director of football ops, they have an AD, and they have a board of trustees. No way is this group going to hire a D5 coach without interviewing other candidates. Not a chance in hell!

Also, when all of this about Pendleton being offered the job showed up on this site, I reached out to those that would know. Those that do make the hiring decisions. They said that Pendleton was interviewed. They also said he was smart to leverage this to get the AD job and the $$$ since he was not a finalist for the Moeller job.

Any statements that Pendleton was offered the job is completely false.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:04 pm
Coach Elder and his staff may love Pendleton, but Elder does not have the final word on hiring. Moeller has a director of football ops, they have an AD, and they have a board of trustees. No way is this group going to hire a D5 coach without interviewing other candidates. Not a chance in hell!
With Moeller football being pretty steeped in tradition, with a large community and a cadre of stakeholders to consider, it wouldn’t make sense for them to hand over a job without turning over stones and doing due diligence.

There’s likely a host of coaches they took a look at, some of whom have experience in the Catholic education system. Brad Burchfield from Hartley possibly being one.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:20 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:04 pm

With Moeller football being pretty steeped in tradition, with a large community and a cadre of stakeholders to consider, it wouldn’t make sense for them to hand over a job without turning over stones and doing due diligence.

There’s likely a host of coaches they took a look at, some of whom have experience in the Catholic education system. Brad Burchfield from Hartley possibly being one.
Exactly!

Now if Fickle, Day, or Freeman called them up and said “I want the job”, Moeller would probably skip the interview process. But not in the case of a D5 high school coach. Just not happening.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Re: Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

Post by gobucs20 »

Why wouldn't they offer him. Look at his success at Ironton. No he hasn't won the state yet but it's almost unheard of that any Southeastern Ohio team does. He knows how to bring in players and sell his program. And he is very young. And the kids seem to relate to him.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

gobucs20 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:20 pm Why wouldn't they offer him. Look at his success at Ironton. No he hasn't won the state yet but it's almost unheard of that any Southeastern Ohio team does. He knows how to bring in players and sell his program. And he is very young. And the kids seem to relate to him.
I’ll try to find out why he wasn’t a finalist.

As for my thoughts on why he made not have made the cut:
- More to do with the other applicants. Could be some serious competition for this position.
- Pendleton has had a lot of success but at a small school. Ironton has mostly played far inferior schools during Pendleton’s tenure. Moeller doesn’t play many cupcakes. So the school might want someone with experience playing a tougher schedule game after game…
- Location: connections to the Cincy catholic feeder schools is extremely important. Pendleton obviously has none of those connections.
- Name recognition in general to attract kids from all schools. The ex coach was previously the head coach of Eastern Kentucky. That’s far more impressive than saying “I was head count of Ironton” which most kids and families in the Cincy area have never heard of.
- Finally, is Pendleton catholic? That by itself could be a problem with getting the job. These GCL schools and fans take that very seriously.

Again, just my two cents but will try to find out the truth.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:44 am
gobucs20 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:20 pm Why wouldn't they offer him. Look at his success at Ironton. No he hasn't won the state yet but it's almost unheard of that any Southeastern Ohio team does. He knows how to bring in players and sell his program. And he is very young. And the kids seem to relate to him.

- More to do with the other applicants. Could be some serious competition for this position.
- Pendleton has had a lot of success but at a small school. Ironton has mostly played far inferior schools during Pendleton’s tenure. Moeller doesn’t play many cupcakes. So the school might want someone with experience playing a tougher schedule game after game…
- Location: connections to the Cincy catholic feeder schools is extremely important. Pendleton obviously has none of those connections.
- Name recognition in general to attract kids from all schools. The ex coach was previously the head coach of Eastern Kentucky. That’s far more impressive than saying “I was head count of Ironton” which most kids and families in the Cincy area have never heard of.
- Finally, is Pendleton catholic? That by itself could be a problem with getting the job. These GCL schools and fans take that very seriously.

One would think Coach Pendleton would have a top
notch resume.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:36 am

notch resume.
Here’s the prior coaches background. Tell me how well Pendleton stacks up against this.

https://www.fox19.com/2019/12/19/moelle ... utType=amp

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:45 am

notch resume.
Here’s the prior coaches background. Tell me how well Pendleton stacks up against this.

Oh boy, lol
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Just call Frank Russo if you want the facts since he’s the main man there lol. Coach Pendleton is staying at Ironton, that’s all that matters to us Fighting Tiger fans 😁

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

notch resume.

Trevon Pendleton
- 4 year letter winner at Michigan State
-3 year starter at fullback
- rose bowl champion
- invited to camp for the Baltimore Ravens
-I don’t know record at Ironton I’ll guess 65-7
-took D5 Ironton to 3 state championship appearances and 3 regional championships
-I would bet he could get a letter of endorsement form Mark Dantonio and others
-I would guess his connections and contacts in the college football world would be an impressive list

Don’t act like Coach Pendleton couldn’t stack a resume together.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:24 am

notch resume.

Trevon Pendleton
- rose bowl champion
-took D5 Ironton to 3 state championship appearances and 3 regional championships
-I would guess his connections and contacts in the college football world would be an impressive list

None of that says he can successfully run a program like Moeller. Not saying he hasn’t done well, but he has no experience at this level.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

notch resume.

Trevon Pendleton
- rose bowl champion

After reading all this stuff written by RBH23 I wonder why he/she is so jealous!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:49 am

Trevon Pendleton
- rose bowl champion

None of that says he can successfully run a program like Moeller. Not saying he hasn’t done well, but he has no experience at this level.
How does one get experience at a program like Moeller unless given a chance? Just curious.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

osu 77 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:52 am

Trevon Pendleton
- rose bowl champion

After reading all this stuff written by RBH23 I wonder why he/she is so jealous!

His infatuation is rather alarming .

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:49 am

Trevon Pendleton
- rose bowl champion

No experience at that level 😆. That’s comical

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

:lol:
big deal about ironton coach resume. wasn't the coach at meigs like a long snapper in the NFL? :lol:

you guys act like the dude is bill belechik. he's won with talent.

pendleton's best attribute is his ability to recruit kids, that's why he's won a bunch of games. like I said, he would be a perfect fit for a place like moeller. where it's easier to do.

heck if i was a college coach, id lure him as my recruiter.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Just curious, but have any of you claiming to know what is going on actually talked to Coach Pendleton himself personally? Or is all this just hearsay and rumors and wishful thinking?

Return to “Football”