LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-season interview with Isaac Kiger running back from Little Miami

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Isaac Kiger

School: Little Miami High School

Class: 2024

Positions played: Running back

What was the biggest goal you had set for yourself entering the 2022 season, and did you achieve that goal?
My goal going into the 2022 season was to do my best at everything the coaches asked of me and to reach over 500+ rushing yards and 10 touchdowns. I did not achieve those goals, but I set them as motivation going into my senior year.

After two A days were completed, what was the biggest goal you had set for the team? Did they achieve the goal?
That we have a winning record and are going farther than the first round in the playoffs.

What will you remember the most from the 202 class?
How they welcomed me with open arms and pushed me to do my best in every aspect of my life.

What were the high and low points of the season?
The high points for my team were not giving up on the game despite the score. Low points for us were our record and the way we executed certain plays.

Who was the best player Little Miami faced last season, and which team did he play for?
The best player we faced defensively was Winton Woods running back Trey Cornist. He was a beast at running the ball in tight areas and running over defenders, as well as being shifty in the open field.

Who was the best team that Little Miami played against in 2022? What made them so tough?
The best team we faced was Milford. They dominated in every part of the ball; their D-line was unstoppable, as was their linebacker core. Their offense scored almost every time they had the ball.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region qualifying for the playoffs?
They were all physical teams that worked their way to a playoff spot. All sixteen teams deserved a playoff spot for the way they played the game.

What did you learn about yourself during the 2022 season that you can use to be a better player this season?

I can never be satisfied with the way I play, and I will always want to be better than the guy across from me. I want to be the best at what I do, and I will put in as much work as possible to become the best athlete I can be.

As far as road games went last season, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most? Why?

Out of all the road games we played, Lebanon High School definitely stood out. They were loud all game long, and the student section was constantly chanting about our team.

Which victory from last season meant the most to you? Why?
when we beat 10-0 Xenia in overtime at their home field by a field goal while the odds were against us.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-season interview with Isaac Kiger running back from Little Miami

Post by VetteMan »

Isaac's goals for the season seemed pretty reasonable even though he and his team were not able to achieve those goals. Good interview as always.

Return to “Football”