2023 Post season interview with Peyton May Free safety/Wide Receiver Cincinnati Landmark Christian

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post season interview with Peyton May Free safety/Wide Receiver Cincinnati Landmark Christian

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

For those who have read my interviews in the past, you are all aware of Landmark Christian. Coach Goodpastor has gone way beyond the normal to make me feel like I belong when I cover his games. Everyone I met associated with the school from the athletic director to one of the school secretaries has been willing to get me any information I need while I am at the games. The players I have contacted have all agreed to the interview. In reading this interview and another I have coming up with another Landmark Christian player will find out what a special season they had in 2022.

Name
Peyton May

School
Cincinnati Landmark

Positions Played
Wr/FS

Looking back on the 2022 season, who was the best team Cincinnati Landmark Christian faced? Can you explain why you picked the team you did?
Looking back, the best team we faced all season would have to be the Columbus Crusaders. The team gave us a good, hard-fought football game that was very well-coached and well-disciplined.

Who was the best player you guys faced in 2022, and what team did he play for?
In my opinion, the best player we have in the 2022 season will be Austin Albright. Albus played for the Illinois Crusaders. He was without a doubt the most difficult running back I'd ever faced.

Coach Goodpastor has told me you had nine picks last season; that is impressive. Can you tell the readers how you were able to accomplish this?
Thank you. I accomplished nine interceptions by studying a lot of film on my opponents and picking up on some of their tendencies. During the game, I trusted my coach's game plan and my film study, and when my opponents made a mistake, I was able to capitalize most of the time.

Along with free safety, you also play wide receiver. Which position do you enjoy the most, and which one do you think you are better at?
I definitely enjoy both of them, as well as returning kicks. At receiver, the catches and touchdowns are nice, but I also enjoy getting my hands dirty and blocking downfield and in the run game. But the thing about playing defense is that I get to create my own opportunities to get my hands on the ball. I’m not sure which one I’m better at; however, I enjoy safety more.

How special was it going down to Texas and not only playing at AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys (my favorite team) but posting the win there?
Playing at the Cowboys stadium was extremely special, not only to me but also to my family, which is from Texas. Winning the game made it even more memorable and made the drive home easier for all of us. A pick-six in that stadium is something I’ll never forget.

You guys also played in the National Championship game in Florida and won it. How special was that?
It was my first time playing in a national championship game; I wouldn’t want to play the game with any other team. Besides winning, I got to see how I measured up against some really good competition.

Another nice stadium you guys played at was Indiana Wesleyan. Can you tell the readers what that was like and just why you guys got to play there?
Indiana Wesleyan was a beautiful campus that I’ll never forget. It felt great to be playing in their stadium with college coaches watching. My team got to play because we hit a hot streak late in the season, improving our record and showing everyone that we belong.

Landmark Christian was able to defeat all three of the OHSAA teams you played. Is it more meaningful to you all to beat those schools, or is it just another game?
Playing against those teams was more than just a game because they doubted us. I previously played for an OHSAA team and realized how much more meaningful it is.

What goals did you set for yourself before the season started, and did you achieve those goals?
My number one goal at the beginning of the season was to make the All-Division team. However, for the safety position, I made all the divisions in all three categories and all conferences. To achieve these goals, I never stopped working my hardest and trusting in my coaches.

Would you let the readers know which colleges are looking at you for football?
I have a handful of D2 and NAIA schools interested in me at this time.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post season interview with Peyton May Free safety/Wide Receiver Cincinnati Landmark Christian

Post by VetteMan »

Peyton May must be one heck of a defensive back. It would be quite an accomplishment to have nine interceptions, even if a person played four seasons. To have nine in one season would just about be unheard of. Getting a pick-six while playing in the Dallas Cowboys stadium must have been a thrill.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Post season interview with Peyton May Free safety/Wide Receiver Cincinnati Landmark Christian

I know there are few fans like me which is another story in itself but still a shame that more fans do not see some of the club teams play. The league Landmark is in is so much more advanced than the S.O.I.L. and the stadiums they play in are much better.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:48 pm I know there are few fans like me which is another story in itself but still a shame that more fans do not see some of the club teams play. The league Landmark is in is so much more advanced than the S.O.I.L. and the stadiums they play in are much better.
I know a couple of the players that you have interviewed, have said that the club teams in their league, that the games are a lot more intense than some of the OHSSA teams that they have played.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Rival games always mean more at any level or I would think that.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:52 pm Rival games always mean more at any level or I would think that.
I agree.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:47 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:48 pm I know there are few fans like me which is another story in itself but still a shame that more fans do not see some of the club teams play. The league Landmark is in is so much more advanced than the S.O.I.L. and the stadiums they play in are much better.
I know a couple of the players that you have interviewed, have said that the club teams in their league, that the games are a lot more intense than some of the OHSSA teams that they have played.
I meant to say OHSAA. I'm the one that needs a secretary. Lol

bighoss77
Waterboy

Post by bighoss77 »

I have seen this kid play and he is very good. I will say that it's almost like cheating having a Coach like Goodpaster at any high school program, especially a home school one. Dude is like having an NFL coach on your team.

Return to “Football”