SVC 2023

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Re: SVC 2023

Post by soggybottomtopper »

As rumors go, I have heard from multiple people that Adena was turned down by all of their applicants. One coach claimed that there isn't enough commitment to football from the administration. One of my McClain friends said after talking to several players parents at Adena, they are in a firestorm of chaos. As I said, as rumors go. Also heard that ZT had decided on a coach, but couldn't tell you who that is. So that info should be coming out soon.

AW Snagg
Waterboy

Post by AW Snagg »

A firestorm of chaos? That is pretty dramatic and far from the case. The strength and conditioning program has continued all winter without a break. Three assistants from last year stepped up to keep it moving forward. Due to this, the administration is taking their time to interview all of the applicants to make sure they hire the right coach. There will be a hiring announcement soon. Hopefully that will extinguish the dreaded "FIRESTORM OF CHAOS" rumors.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace has recommended a coach, but he has not been hired yet. They have no assistants that are returning.

oldballcoach
Waterboy

Post by oldballcoach »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:00 pm As rumors go, I have heard from multiple people that Adena was turned down by all of their applicants. One coach claimed that there isn't enough commitment to football from the administration. One of my McClain friends said after talking to several players parents at Adena, they are in a firestorm of chaos. As I said, as rumors go. Also heard that ZT had decided on a coach, but couldn't tell you who that is. So that info should be coming out soon.
Adena has not been turned down by all of their applicants, lol. I have been told they offered the job to an individual and that individual turned them down as i believe he is taking a different job. They have given a 2nd interview to another individual but I havent heard the outcome of that yet. No firestorm of chaos, lol. Fairly confident in saying there will be all new faces on the Adena sidelines next year.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

New Zane trace coach is meeting with players Monday. I do not know him. Wish him well as he is walking into a real good situation as zt will roll for the next 5 years minimum.

oldballcoach
Waterboy

Post by oldballcoach »

I think I see white smoke rising in the village of Frankfort!

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

oldballcoach wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:29 pm
soggybottomtopper wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:00 pm As rumors go, I have heard from multiple people that Adena was turned down by all of their applicants. One coach claimed that there isn't enough commitment to football from the administration. One of my McClain friends said after talking to several players parents at Adena, they are in a firestorm of chaos. As I said, as rumors go. Also heard that ZT had decided on a coach, but couldn't tell you who that is. So that info should be coming out soon.
Adena has not been turned down by all of their applicants, lol. I have been told they offered the job to an individual and that individual turned them down as i believe he is taking a different job. They have given a 2nd interview to another individual but I havent heard the outcome of that yet. No firestorm of chaos, lol. Fairly confident in saying there will be all new faces on the Adena sidelines next year.
Great info. I guess some parents just like drama :lol:

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

AW Snagg wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:50 am A firestorm of chaos? That is pretty dramatic and far from the case. The strength and conditioning program has continued all winter without a break. Three assistants from last year stepped up to keep it moving forward. Due to this, the administration is taking their time to interview all of the applicants to make sure they hire the right coach. There will be a hiring announcement soon. Hopefully that will extinguish the dreaded "FIRESTORM OF CHAOS" rumors.
I appreciate the info. They didn't actually say firestorm they said s###storm, but I wanted to keep it clean :lol: but I know parents love drama.

AW Snagg
Waterboy

Post by AW Snagg »

I understand, and yes some people do enjoy the drama. There will be an announcement made soon.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

So are we going to get some names of who the new coaches are??

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

HighLightReel wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:13 pm So are we going to get some names of who the new coaches are??
Dylan Wears is Zt’s new coach. Young kid 26 years old, former OU football player and was the head coach the last 3 years at Triad high school.

luvtlm
Riding the Bench

Post by luvtlm »

HighLightReel wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:13 pm So are we going to get some names of who the new coaches are??
Doug Miller - Adena

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Gonna be a fun next couple years in the SVC!

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

luvtlm wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:14 pm
Doug Miller - Adena
Where did he come from?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:20 pm
luvtlm wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:14 pm
Doug Miller - Adena
Where did he come from?
Most recently an assistant at Teays Valley, as well as Alderson Broaddus in WV.

billythekid69
Waterboy

Post by billythekid69 »

Now that coaches are hired, let’s see some predictions for 2023!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

People have to realize that it is hard to find coaches today. They don't want to put up with the helicopter parents and the kids of today.

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

Bozo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:18 am People have to realize that it is hard to find coaches today. They don't want to put up with the helicopter parents and the kids of today.
1. 7-0 Zane Trace Gold ball winners, I don't care if this team did not have a coach they would probably still win the league. Return a lot of production from last years stellar team and Coach Wears walks into a perfect situation to win a gold ball in his first season.

2. 6-1 Unioto Returns the signal caller which always helps, Unioto loses a decent amount of production from last year but the biggest school in the SVC. I do not understand how Unioto does not win there league in football every single year. Personally I think coaching and schemes hold them back however I could be proven wrong. I think if theres a year for them to get over the hump and win the gold ball it is this year.

3. 5-2 Piketon Young team last year, seem to have things going in the right direction. After visiting Piketon and seeing that indoor facility they should be throwing for 2,500 yards + every year. A huge advantage most teams in Southern Ohio don't have access to in the winter months.

4. 4-3 Paint Valley Lost a decent senior class and some transfers. Have a two headed monster at RB, I think they will be a dangerous team but no where close to competing for a gold ball. Again, offensive and defensive schemes are seasoned at best.

5. 3-4 Adena new HC, very good Junior RB

6. 2-5 Westfall had a decent offense last year, defense was pretty embarrassing. Watched Adena game last year and Adena averaged probably 10 yards a carry. Seems like numbers were up but kids played soft and maybe only had 3 coaches on staff.

7. 1-6 Huntington goes back to being Huntington.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Bluelion2816 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:40 am
Bozo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:18 am People have to realize that it is hard to find coaches today. They don't want to put up with the helicopter parents and the kids of today.
1. 7-0 Zane Trace Gold ball winners, I don't care if this team did not have a coach they would probably still win the league. Return a lot of production from last years stellar team and Coach Wears walks into a perfect situation to win a gold ball in his first season.

2. 6-1 Unioto Returns the signal caller which always helps, Unioto loses a decent amount of production from last year but the biggest school in the SVC. I do not understand how Unioto does not win there league in football every single year. Personally I think coaching and schemes hold them back however I could be proven wrong. I think if theres a year for them to get over the hump and win the gold ball it is this year.

3. 5-2 Piketon Young team last year, seem to have things going in the right direction. After visiting Piketon and seeing that indoor facility they should be throwing for 2,500 yards + every year. A huge advantage most teams in Southern Ohio don't have access to in the winter months.

4. 4-3 Paint Valley Lost a decent senior class and some transfers. Have a two headed monster at RB, I think they will be a dangerous team but no where close to competing for a gold ball. Again, offensive and defensive schemes are seasoned at best.

6. 2-5 Westfall had a decent offense last year, defense was pretty embarrassing. Watched Adena game last year and Adena averaged probably 10 yards a carry. Seems like numbers were up but kids played soft and maybe only had 3 coaches on staff.

Hate to disagree but Unioto probably missed their best opportunity to win the gold ball last season, that team was senior heavy. Where it sits right now I'd possibly put Piketon and PV ahead of them for pre-season rankings.

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:42 am
Bluelion2816 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:40 am

Hate to disagree but Unioto probably missed their best opportunity to win the gold ball last season, that team was senior heavy. Where it sits right now I'd possibly put Piketon and PV ahead of them for pre-season rankings.
Tigernation you probably know more about Unioto than I do, I thought they had a decent amount coming back but it doesn't sound like it. I like your take of Piketon I think they are going to surprise some people. PV won't be very good. Lost the QB who was a good player for the SVC but no one to replace him. They will run the ball 80% of the time with a OL who is not very good. Do you believe ZT is the clear cut favorite?

Return to “Football”