Idk bout westfall

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: SVC 2023

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Bluelion2816 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:55 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:42 am
Bluelion2816 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:40 am

1. 7-0 Zane Trace Gold ball winners, I don't care if this team did not have a coach they would probably still win the league. Return a lot of production from last years stellar team and Coach Wears walks into a perfect situation to win a gold ball in his first season.

2. 6-1 Unioto Returns the signal caller which always helps, Unioto loses a decent amount of production from last year but the biggest school in the SVC. I do not understand how Unioto does not win there league in football every single year. Personally I think coaching and schemes hold them back however I could be proven wrong. I think if theres a year for them to get over the hump and win the gold ball it is this year.

3. 5-2 Piketon Young team last year, seem to have things going in the right direction. After visiting Piketon and seeing that indoor facility they should be throwing for 2,500 yards + every year. A huge advantage most teams in Southern Ohio don't have access to in the winter months.

4. 4-3 Paint Valley Lost a decent senior class and some transfers. Have a two headed monster at RB, I think they will be a dangerous team but no where close to competing for a gold ball. Again, offensive and defensive schemes are seasoned at best.

5. 3-4 Adena new HC, very good Junior RB

6. 2-5 Westfall had a decent offense last year, defense was pretty embarrassing. Watched Adena game last year and Adena averaged probably 10 yards a carry. Seems like numbers were up but kids played soft and maybe only had 3 coaches on staff.

7. 1-6 Huntington goes back to being Huntington.
Hate to disagree but Unioto probably missed their best opportunity to win the gold ball last season, that team was senior heavy. Where it sits right now I'd possibly put Piketon and PV ahead of them for pre-season rankings.
Tigernation you probably know more about Unioto than I do, I thought they had a decent amount coming back but it doesn't sound like it. I like your take of Piketon I think they are going to surprise some people. PV won't be very good. Lost the QB who was a good player for the SVC but no one to replace him. They will run the ball 80% of the time with a OL who is not very good. Do you believe ZT is the clear cut favorite?
Yeah I think going into it ZT has to be the clear cut favorite even with a new coach coming in the talent they have should get them the title. If memory serves I thought Unioto had close to 20 seniors on that team last year, not saying they all played or anything but contributed. Piketon didn't lose very much and they should be much more experienced at the QB position with a year of development. Yeah PV I don't know a lot about but I know they return some talent in the backfield and still have Free at WR, typically they've always got the OL to fill-in even if they lose guys.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:53 pm
Bluelion2816 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:55 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:42 am

Hate to disagree but Unioto probably missed their best opportunity to win the gold ball last season, that team was senior heavy. Where it sits right now I'd possibly put Piketon and PV ahead of them for pre-season rankings.
Tigernation you probably know more about Unioto than I do, I thought they had a decent amount coming back but it doesn't sound like it. I like your take of Piketon I think they are going to surprise some people. PV won't be very good. Lost the QB who was a good player for the SVC but no one to replace him. They will run the ball 80% of the time with a OL who is not very good. Do you believe ZT is the clear cut favorite?
Yeah I think going into it ZT has to be the clear cut favorite even with a new coach coming in the talent they have should get them the title. If memory serves I thought Unioto had close to 20 seniors on that team last year, not saying they all played or anything but contributed. Piketon didn't lose very much and they should be much more experienced at the QB position with a year of development. Yeah PV I don't know a lot about but I know they return some talent in the backfield and still have Free at WR, typically they've always got the OL to fill-in even if they lose guys.
I believe Unioto had 18 seniors last season. Very solid group. I expect Hoops to have another big year at QB.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Ya we had 18 seniors last year but to be fair no one had us picked to do anything last year. We have few k guys that we need to try and replace but I think we will surprise ppl again. Defense will be very good with front 7 either starters from last year or guys that had lot of play time.

luvtlm
Riding the Bench

Post by luvtlm »

1 - unioto
2 - piketon
3 - zane trace
4- paint valley
5- Westfall
6 - adena
7 - Southeastern
8 - Huntington

1-3 could easily end up in a different order. 4-8 I don't see changing.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

The not too early predictions. You have to love it! In my opinion the league has gradually gotten worse from top to bottom over the last several seasons and that is one reason I see some lower level teams making moves to the upper half (as Huntington did a season ago). Zane Trace is still the class of the league in my opinion. ZT may very well capture another GOLD BALL. Piketon is down from a couple of seasons ago, but may be making a huge rise into the upper three this season. Unioto won't be as good as they were a season ago, but still has enough to keep in the upper half. Paint Valley is trending downward, but has enough talent to keep in the middle. I agree with luvtim, I think Westfall creeps into the middle of the pack this season. I think Southeastern is on the uptick, but may be a season away. Adena and Huntington will have to improve their line play on both sides in order to overcome what they have lost in the last few seasons. So my not too early predictions

1. ZANE TRACE - GOLD BALL
2. PIKETON
3. UNIOTO
4. PAINT VALLEY
5. WESTFALL
6. SOUTHEASTERN
7. ADENA
8. HUNTINGTON

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Zane Trace wins the league easy. The SVC is so weak in football.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

In doing my interviews it seems some big loses at Paint Valley.
How will this affect the Bearcats?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Paint valley was very young at the jv level and I didn’t see anyone that would help next year on varsity imo. They still will have a good line and two good backs. Idk anything about the transfer qb but at worst case they will have a solid run game and I would put them at the top of the league like most years able to beat anyone and possibly challenge zt for the title

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:02 pm Paint valley was very young at the jv level and I didn’t see anyone that would help next year on varsity imo. They still will have a good line and two good backs. Idk anything about the transfer qb but at worst case they will have a solid run game and I would put them at the top of the league like most years able to beat anyone and possibly challenge zt for the title
Thanks. I never knew anything about a QB transferring.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

Don't sleep on PV, they only lost 4 seniors. Yeah, one was a road grader (#72) that will be hard to replace but the line will still be OK. With Chambers and Robertson running the ball and having a really good WR that commands attention a lot will depend on the new QB.

Safety.50!
Waterboy

Post by Safety.50! »

Paint Valley going to surprise a lot of people next season, they are the only team that will give Zane Trace any trouble.
Everyone else in the League is going to be beating each other up!
Here"s how I see it finishing out top 3

1 Zane Trace
2 Paint Valley
3 Piketon
Unioto, Huntington , Westfall, Southeastern , and Adena games will all be decided by who is healthy?

Safety.50!
Waterboy

Post by Safety.50! »

Paint Valley going to surprise a lot of people next season, they are the only team that will give Zane Trace any trouble.
Everyone else in the League is going to be beating each other up!
Here"s how I see it finishing out top 3

1 Zane Trace
2 Paint Valley
3 Piketon
Unioto, Huntington , Westfall, Southeastern , and Adena games will all be decided by who is healthy?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Was told today the QB is a young guy from Hillsboro.

billythekid69
Waterboy

Post by billythekid69 »

Was he starting QB for Hillsboro last year?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

billythekid69 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:48 am Was he starting QB for Hillsboro last year?
Trying to remember what I was told he will be a Sophomore this season. I would doubt he was starting at the varsity level but to be honest that I was not informed of it.

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:56 pm
billythekid69 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:48 am Was he starting QB for Hillsboro last year?
Trying to remember what I was told he will be a Sophomore this season. I would doubt he was starting at the varsity level but to be honest that I was not informed of it.
He started for Hillsboro the last six or seven games, after their senior starting QB went down. He will be a sophomore this upcoming season.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

PVBearcat2012 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:23 am
He started for Hillsboro the last six or seven games, after their senior starting QB went down. He will be a sophomore this upcoming season.
Thank you.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

PVBearcat2012 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:23 am
He started for Hillsboro the last six or seven games after their senior starting QB went down. He will be a sophomore this upcoming season.
I just watched his HUDL Highlights and the kid does not look like a Freshman and his play from what's on Hudl is way above most Freshmen I have watched as far as QB goes.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Great to see football chatter starting to build. If anyone has info on 7 on 7's or even early scrimmages, please post. Would love to get out and catch some action at the venues. Thank you

Return to “Football”