Notre Dame looking for new head coach…

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Notre Dame looking for new head coach…

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Told you!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Re: Notre Dame looking for new head coach…

Post by Hoopster98 »

And I hope everyone that wanted this gets what they asked for. They will not get a quality coach. Good Luck and money talks

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Jerrod Pendleton? There is also a local candidate who would be an interesting choice if they are willing to look outside the box. It's a new age of athlete and personalties, I'm sure Bob had a hard time adjusting to that.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Pendleton would be the best hire. ND really needs to push for this. Younger coach, who is full of energy but we will see.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Other than Pendleton, who else has applied or who else are the ND faithful hoping to get?

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

I think those guys who were on here bashing the previous coach and even some of the kids should be REQUIRED to coach this year just so they can see what its like. I bet they wouldnt run their jib so much after a year.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

transplant wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:25 am Other than Pendleton, who else has applied or who else are the ND faithful hoping to get?
They need to hire someone who has enough brass to play teams like Trimble. I was told they won’t even return our calls and have been ducking us for several years. We used to play them and yes we beat the brakes off of them but they manned up every year and took their beatings. Time to get someone in there that can bring back that kind of toughness and resilience to the program.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Hoopster98 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:22 am Pendleton would be the best hire. ND really needs to push for this. Younger coach, who is full of energy but we will see.
Would be a great hire for ND, but sure would be a huge loss for us at Ironton. Can’t blame him for moving in if he wants a head coaching position. I cannot see anyone more qualified or better than him wanting this position.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

transplant wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:25 am Other than Pendleton, who else has applied or who else are the ND faithful hoping to get?
Would anyone from Burg staff want this?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

irontonwizard wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:07 pm
I doubt it. But who knows. I really think this is a tough position to fill. Like others said, money probably wont be great, facilities aren't great, numbers are down, a lot of things make this job very unattractive. Sure you get to be a Head coach, so if someone just wants that title, they will apply.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

transplant wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:20 pm
I doubt it. But who knows. I really think this is a tough position to fill. Like others said, money probably wont be great, facilities aren't great, numbers are down, a lot of things make this job very unattractive. Sure you get to be a Head coach, so if someone just wants that title, they will apply.
Continuity is key at a program such as ND, and they don’t have any of the things that can meet an outside candidate’s needs to stay for longer than a couple years.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

transplant wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:20 pm
Numbers are not down. School numbers are at an all time high and have risen in each of the last 5 years -- vouchers make the difference.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

How many kids were on the football team? how many were seniors and how many incoming 8th graders?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Hoopster98 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:22 am Pendleton would be the best hire. ND really needs to push for this. Younger coach, who is full of energy but we will see.
Would be a great hire for ND, but sure would be a huge loss for us at Ironton. Can’t blame him for moving in if he wants a head coaching position. I cannot see anyone more qualified or better than him wanting this position.
You’d be losing your recruiting coordinator 😂

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Any candidates yet? I know it’s early.
Also, is Notre Dame looking to upgrade any of their facilities?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

irontonwizard wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:15 pm Any candidates yet? I know it’s early.
They already have their guy. Interesting that SEOPS has been deleting posts on the subject

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Bob Ashley’s overall record was 112-121 with 3 SOC Championships (2 in SOC1 and 1 in SOC2) and a 2-4 overall record in the playoffs.

AssDoctor69
Waterboy

Post by AssDoctor69 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:45 pm Bob Ashley’s overall record was 112-121 with 3 SOC Championships (2 in SOC1 and 1 in SOC2) and a 2-4 overall record in the playoffs.
Smart money says the next guy wont do any where near that well

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

JTEK wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:39 am
irontonwizard wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:15 pm Any candidates yet? I know it’s early.
They already have their guy. Interesting that SEOPS has been deleting posts on the subject
Not sure I understand.

Return to “Football”