Washington Court House Football

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Re: Washington Court House Football

Post by Bluelion2816 »

Blue lion faithful fill me in on some good news please!! are we headed in the right direction?

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Bluelion2816 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:36 pm Blue lion faithful fill me in on some good news please!! are we headed in the right direction?
Coworker of mine has a son that will be a sophomore. Said that weight room numbers have been around 30 all week. Much better than the 5-8 that had supposedly been going.

First and Goal
Waterboy

Post by First and Goal »

That is much better for sure. Looking at their schedule next season, they don't have an easy game. Especially opening up with London, Western Brown, and Marion Franklin team that has a high profile D-1 player. That is just weeks one, two, and three. Then their league play with Jackson, Chillicothe, and MT.

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

First and Goal wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:37 am That is much better for sure. Looking at their schedule next season, they don't have an easy game. Especially opening up with London, Western Brown, and Marion Franklin team that has a high profile D-1 player. That is just weeks one, two, and three. Then their league play with Jackson, Chillicothe, and MT.
Brutal schedule... I don't know if administration didn't do their homework when selecting games or they purposefully loaded up the schedule for better competition. London comes to Gardner Park week 1, our boys better strap those chinstraps up tight. It is going to be a dawg fight!!! If we can hang with London I will like our chances the rest of the year.

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

FACSPORTS wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:48 pm
Bluelion2816 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:36 pm Blue lion faithful fill me in on some good news please!! are we headed in the right direction?
Coworker of mine has a son that will be a sophomore. Said that weight room numbers have been around 30 all week. Much better than the 5-8 that had supposedly been going.
I have met they guy, has some great plans for the program. I promise this much, discipline will no longer be an issue at Washington. He has already put his foot down with the players and the parents. Weight room has been full all week. He has made it clear that while he cant really force you into coming to weight lifting he also does not have to play you on Friday nights.

the cons........ this coaching staff is JUNK!!! there are several guys who just shouldnt be there. But I also know that sometimes you just have to take what you can get and move on. Hopefully he can educate a lot of these coaches and get the best out of them.

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

go court house wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:18 am
I have met they guy, has some great plans for the program. I promise this much, discipline will no longer be an issue at Washington. He has already put his foot down with the players and the parents. Weight room has been full all week. He has made it clear that while he cant really force you into coming to weight lifting he also does not have to play you on Friday nights.

the cons........ this coaching staff is JUNK!!! there are several guys who just shouldnt be there. But I also know that sometimes you just have to take what you can get and move on. Hopefully he can educate a lot of these coaches and get the best out of them.
That is great news about the discipline and I have meet the man as well. He seems like a good guy but if you can’t get there because you have to finish the school year then you have your assistants run the show…. However, have you seen the assistants?? JUNK is one word for it. They put out a graphic of the coaching staff and it is almost laughable. I know of AT LEAST 6 Dads on staff. OC is a nice community kid but no where near ready, It’s the blind leading the blind at this point. Okay I’m ready to stop being negative! Sorry had to get that out of my system.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bluelion2816 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:39 pm

That is great news about the discipline and I have meet the man as well. He seems like a good guy but if you can’t get there because you have to finish the school year then you have your assistants run the show…. However, have you seen the assistants?? JUNK is one word for it. They put out a graphic of the coaching staff and it is almost laughable. I know of AT LEAST 6 Dads on staff. OC is a nice community kid but no where near ready, It’s the blind leading the blind at this point. Okay I’m ready to stop being negative! Sorry had to get that out of my system.
Is that because they didn’t ask you to help? Probably would be changing your tune if they asked you to leave your current assistant job to move home

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:39 am

Is that because they didn’t ask you to help? Probably would be changing your tune if they asked you to leave your current assistant job to move home
Move home? Sir I wouldn't have the time nor the interest to be an assistant coach. So maybe you have me mixed up with someone else. However, I do attend games and some practices when I can and I do know football and this program. No offensive or defensive experience back on this staff. Not one coach had any significance when it came to the success of the offense or defense in the past. Is Everson going to call the offense and defense??? My son did say the weight room numbers are better than they were but my tune will stay the same until I am proved otherwise.

MTballer1952
Waterboy

Post by MTballer1952 »

Bluelion2816

You know nothing that’s going on with this program. Defensive side the ball has all the coaches back. The new coach contacted Preston right when he was hired and asked him to be the Dc
First of all the D Coordinator has more than enough experience. He was Trent’s right hand man the past two years and broke down every film and developed every scouting report together and will be completely fine calling the defense. He must have done something right because both the Williamson beg him to come with them.

Stop bashing these coaches because you have know idea what ur talking about. Or here is something you can do. Go tell Preston personally that he sucks. I am sure he won’t take ur crap or any other blue lions crap. And trust me you guys need him more then he needs you.

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

We interviewed him. I wasn't impressed but he may be a good match for a program like yours.

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680

Return to “Football”