Washington Court House Football

jose
Freshman Team

Re: Washington Court House Football

Post by jose »

First and Goal wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:06 am If all you're going off of is his record, that is only a piece of the puzzle. Wade Bartholomew, great coach with multiple play off wins coached at Huntington guess what, he went 0-10. Scott Keller another great coach won multiple games and has multiple play off wins is 14-36 at Huntington after 5 years. From 2004 to 2022 Huntington hasn't won more than 5 games in a season through this time span. Some coaches take a job expecting to turn programs around and put their heart and soul into it, it just doesn't work out sometimes. I personally think they would go outside to hire but, have to wait and see if Coach Williamson is staying or leaving.
Don't disagree with you -lot of good coaches take jobs that -even if you only win a handful of games-it could actually be a success. But most of the public doesn't see it that way. It sounds like Williamson is going to stay now

R.RSports
Waterboy

Post by R.RSports »

jose wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:27 am
First and Goal wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:06 am If all you're going off of is his record, that is only a piece of the puzzle. Wade Bartholomew, great coach with multiple play off wins coached at Huntington guess what, he went 0-10. Scott Keller another great coach won multiple games and has multiple play off wins is 14-36 at Huntington after 5 years. From 2004 to 2022 Huntington hasn't won more than 5 games in a season through this time span. Some coaches take a job expecting to turn programs around and put their heart and soul into it, it just doesn't work out sometimes. I personally think they would go outside to hire but, have to wait and see if Coach Williamson is staying or leaving.
Don't disagree with you -lot of good coaches take jobs that -even if you only win a handful of games-it could actually be a success. But most of the public doesn't see it that way. It sounds like Williamson is going to stay now
If the job opens up, WCH would best benefit with someone from the outside.

But if they did go with someone that's familiar with the program, why wouldn't they pursue Mark Bihl? D1 starter for Michigan during his playing days. A ton of football knowledge, I've always wondered why that has yet to happen.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

R.RSports wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:45 am

But if they did go with someone that's familiar with the program, why wouldn't they pursue Mark Bihl? D1 starter for Michigan during his playing days. A ton of football knowledge, I've always wondered why that has yet to happen.
Just a question? You want to hire a guy who has maybe coached 2 out of the last 18 years to be the Head Coach> The game has changed tremendously the last 15 years.

R.RSports
Waterboy

Post by R.RSports »

jose wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:14 pm

Just a question? You want to hire a guy who has maybe coached 2 out of the last 18 years to be the Head Coach> The game has changed tremendously the last 15 years.
I think I would take my chances with someone who played the game at one of the highest levels. At the end of the day its about getting someone who is best for the program and the kids. I don't see that being anyone on the current staff. Just my opinion.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

R.RSports wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:32 pm
jose wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:14 pm

I think I would take my chances with someone who played the game at one of the highest levels. At the end of the day its about getting someone who is best for the program and the kids. I don't see that being anyone on the current staff. Just my opinion.
Not saying he couldn't do it-but football has changed and evolved. It's not like college or pro football where your going to have great knowledgeable assistants. Head Coach is more involved and has to usually help with all phases of the game. Also, I have seen numerous guys who played at the next level who were not very good coaches. (Not saying he couldn't be)

Oldman1952
Waterboy

Post by Oldman1952 »

Yappi Football is reporting that WCH is looking for a new head football coach to replace Chuck Williamson.

cruiser62
Waterboy

Post by cruiser62 »

Oldman1952 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:19 pm Yappi Football is reporting that WCH is looking for a new head football coach to replace Chuck Williamson.
Hearing that multiple coaches will be leaving the program for others around FAC & SEO

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

First he was leaving, than was told they came up with money to keep him, now reported he is leaving. Which is it?

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

jose wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:14 am First he was leaving, than was told they came up with money to keep him, now reported he is leaving. Which is it?
At this point, I dont think that anyone knows what is going on. Several social media outlets says it is happening, but there has been no official word from either Washington City Schools or Marion Harding about the hire.

theblessedone33
Waterboy

Post by theblessedone33 »

go court house wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:50 am
jose wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:14 am First he was leaving, than was told they came up with money to keep him, now reported he is leaving. Which is it?
At this point, I dont think that anyone knows what is going on. Several social media outlets says it is happening, but there has been no official word from either Washington City Schools or Marion Harding about the hire.
He’s gone! They are posting soon. Confirmed by a coach on the staff!

Fayette_Panther1963
Waterboy

Post by Fayette_Panther1963 »

His son will take over, keep the kids familiar and keep it in house. His son was either the OC or DC for several years.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

Need to bring someone in with discipline

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Looks like the Washington Court House job has been posted on OHSAA website.

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

So the AD Greg Phipps told the local paper that they want the new coach to be a teacher so that they are on campus during the day. I couldnt think of anything dumber. Just because you could be on campus everyday does not mean that you will make a good coach. They need to go out and find someone that will 1. Bring discipline back to the program 2. Continue to beat Trace most years 3. Work better with those at the middle school and youth levels to build numbers and a program.

Coach Williamson won a lot of games at Court House, but he also sacrificed some things with those wins.

Bluelion2816
Waterboy

Post by Bluelion2816 »

A coach/teacher combo gives the HC a chance to recruit the hallways and build relationships inside the school. It also gives the coach the opportunity to stay on top of grades. I heard one of the sons of Williamson was groomed to take over program after his departure, what happened to that??? I do not understand hiring outside if you do not have to after the success WCH football has had.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

go court house wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:19 pm So the AD Greg Phipps told the local paper that they want the new coach to be a teacher so that they are on campus during the day. I couldnt think of anything dumber. Just because you could be on campus everyday does not mean that you will make a good coach. They need to go out and find someone that will 1. Bring discipline back to the program 2. Continue to beat Trace most years 3. Work better with those at the middle school and youth levels to build numbers and a program.

Coach Williamson won a lot of games at Court House, but he also sacrificed some things with those wins.
In the high school realm of things-it is important to have a coach in the building. You need to get out and talk to the kids build relationships. Monitor grades, make sure they follow school rules and etc. A great Head coach will also build a great rapport with Administrators and fellow faculty. So it is far from dumb. I do agree they need to bring someone in who will instill discipline because it has been severely lacking with the previous coach.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

Bluelion2816 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:42 am A coach/teacher combo gives the HC a chance to recruit the hallways and build relationships inside the school. It also gives the coach the opportunity to stay on top of grades. I heard one of the sons of Williamson was groomed to take over program after his departure, what happened to that??? I do not understand hiring outside if you do not have to after the success WCH football has had.
Both of his sons have went to Westland. Some of the other coaches who aren't teachers are following suit as well. Time for the Blue to bring someone in who will instill discipline and values. Even with the past few years of success the program has not had a good reputation from the outside due to the lack of discipline.

FightingFisherman5
Waterboy

Post by FightingFisherman5 »

Have there been any leads or thoughts on who has applied? Anyone a frontrunner?

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

FightingFisherman5 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:15 am Have there been any leads or thoughts on who has applied? Anyone a frontrunner?
The district is keeping this pretty close to the vest. I did hear that there was 12 official candidates and that the committee that was formed began to meet last Saturday and that they were going to begin interviews this past Monday.

FightingFisherman5
Waterboy

Post by FightingFisherman5 »

So no names have been rumored with this position????

Return to “Football”