2023 TRI-VALLEY CONFERENCE-OHIO SCHEDULES

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: 2023 TRI-VALLEY CONFERENCE-OHIO SCHEDULES

Post by Dundas »

jgrlzz wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:24 am
RVRaiderFan wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:11 am Interesting to see RV pick up Trimble in Week 10. I believe this will be the first ever match up between the schools.
I've kind of felt sorry for River Valley. They have had to come up with a non-conference opponent for the 10th week since 2016. You would think the conference would rotate that.
Both the Ohio and hocking will have an odd number of teams for football (as long as Fed Hock doesn’t play). NY is the smallest Ohio school but has the best program. RV is a mid Ohio school in enrollment but has been at the bottom of the standings in recent years. They have also played nearly every current hocking team minus Belpre and a Trimble (which they play this season). Any chance the Raiders move to the Hocking to even out the conferences and get rid of the pesky late non conference game that a lot of schools have to fill?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Dundas wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:11 pm
jgrlzz wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:24 am
RVRaiderFan wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:11 am Interesting to see RV pick up Trimble in Week 10. I believe this will be the first ever match up between the schools.
I've kind of felt sorry for River Valley. They have had to come up with a non-conference opponent for the 10th week since 2016. You would think the conference would rotate that.
Both the Ohio and hocking will have an odd number of teams for football (as long as Fed Hock doesn’t play). NY is the smallest Ohio school but has the best program. RV is a mid Ohio school in enrollment but has been at the bottom of the standings in recent years. They have also played nearly every current hocking team minus Belpre and a Trimble (which they play this season). Any chance the Raiders move to the Hocking to even out the conferences and get rid of the pesky late non conference game that a lot of schools have to fill?

Dundas.....From what I have heard, RV has and is trying to get into the Hocking. That decision is up to the TVC and the Hocking teams. I feel it would be best move for both, especially RV, but hearing it is not well liked by many. We shall see!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

I thin one condition should be in place if RV moves to the Hocking. They should have to wear those throwback brown and yellow uniforms that have been adopted by their basketball program.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Buck Nut wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:40 am
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:28 am
Buck Nut wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:15 amIt’s a one year deal. Will change to a home and home with Waterford after this season. If it all stays the same.
I’m not a fan of playing Hocking schools other than Trimble in football. Although Waterford is the second strongest Hocking school averaged out over time. If Belpre ever turned things around, that would be a good Hocking school to play as a former rivalry game (but not before they turn things around). I would love to see other former rivals show back up on the schedule every now and then - Warren, Logan, and Crooksville have had a lot of games played with NY. Going back further in time would have Jackson and Gallia Academy on that list as well. I know it’s hard to get available dates to match up though.

I don’t think there were many options, unfortunately. Not a huge fan of it either but, at least Waterford gets a good amount of wins every year, so if we win it will be more beneficial then a winless or one win Oak Hill. Wish we could get the Logan series going again.

You did get it going again......

Live Like A Champion!
Pittstop Billy
Waterboy

Post by Pittstop Billy »

Almost Champions wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:24 pm I thin one condition should be in place if RV moves to the Hocking. They should have to wear those throwback brown and yellow uniforms that have been adopted by their basketball program.
Yes and their coaches have to were the old 80’s style short shorts.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

From what I have heard, River Valley's attempted to move to Hocking was voted NO by one vote. 7-6. WOW!

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:23 am From what I have heard, River Valley's attempted to move to Hocking was voted NO by one vote. 7-6. WOW!
That’s great news. We just got rid of South Gallia. Why in he11 would we want to add RV and another ridiculously awful road trip? And if I’m not mistaken it’s takes more than just a simple majority to pass a recommendation so it wasn’t just one vote.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:09 pm
RVRaiderFan wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:23 am From what I have heard, River Valley's attempted to move to Hocking was voted NO by one vote. 7-6. WOW!
That’s great news. We just got rid of South Gallia. Why in he11 would we want to add RV and another ridiculously awful road trip? And if I’m not mistaken it’s takes more than just a simple majority to pass a recommendation so it wasn’t just one vote.
South Gallia is another 30 plus minutes south of River Valley. It’s definitely not the same drive.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:09 pm
Sorry Gray Cat. I was just posting about what I had heard, and 7-6 was what I had heard.

I understand the driving and the distance. I hate all those GOD AWFUL road trips into Athens county as well. Same in Hocking. RV look south!

slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:46 pm Heading into 2023 off a strong stretch rally and a playoff bid, I look at Meigs schedule and see high likelihood of a 9-1 season. maybe 10-0 if they can beat Galliopolis. Dont see any league teams pressing them and the Run Game featuring Conlee "Con Air" Burnem. The non league schedule is pretty soft with Coal Grove in decline and Marietta being the stinker that they are. Glad to see they brought in a game with the Charging Knights of Fairfield Onion. What say you MarauderNation. A deep run next year?
Meigs will certainly have the motivation factor this year with it likely being their last season of play. Word on the street is Porter is closing on the buy out for the autoplex

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

slayter wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:26 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:46 pm Heading into 2023 off a strong stretch rally and a playoff bid, I look at Meigs schedule and see high likelihood of a 9-1 season. maybe 10-0 if they can beat Galliopolis. Dont see any league teams pressing them and the Run Game featuring Conlee "Con Air" Burnem. The non league schedule is pretty soft with Coal Grove in decline and Marietta being the stinker that they are. Glad to see they brought in a game with the Charging Knights of Fairfield Onion. What say you MarauderNation. A deep run next year?
Meigs will certainly have the motivation factor this year with it likely being their last season of play. Word on the street is Porter is closing on the buy out for the autoplex
Meigs won’t even win the very weak Ohio division this year. With Belpre off the schedule it’s doubtful that they’ll have a winning record.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.

Return to “Football”