2023 Ironton Tigers

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: 2023 Ironton Tigers

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

7 on 7 Wednesday 24 May at Lakota West HS. - 5 pm

OPEN to the Public!

Ironton, Lakota West, Winton Woods and Fairfield HS.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:35 pm 7 on 7 Wednesday 24 May at Lakota West HS. - 5 pm

OPEN to the Public!

Ironton, Lakota West, Winton Woods and Fairfield HS.
Please inform us what happened?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Talking with some people that went this morning . Ironton had a great showing there. Ironton WRs got behind the defense several times for long TD passes. The QB Thacker played well last night as he demonstrated his Big Arm. Was told the Terry kid was the best player on field. Neither Winton Woods or Lakota West had anyone that could stay with him. Was also told Ironton defense only gave up 1 TD on evening. Several INTs by the secondary and coverage sacks. All in all it was a good first summer 7 on 7 for Ironton against two very good programs.
Last edited by XandOs on Thu May 25, 2023 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

XandOs wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:07 am Talking with a couple people that went this morning . Ironton had the best skill group there. Ironton WRs got behind the defense several times for long TD passes. The QB Thacker really played well last night as he demonstrated his Big Arm. Was told the Terry kid was the best player on field and it wasn’t close. Neither Winton Woods or Lakota West had anyone that could stay with him. Was also told Ironton defense only gave up 1 TD on evening. Several INTs by the secondary and coverage sacks. All in all it was a good first summer 7 on 7 for Ironton against two very good programs.
Thanks for the information!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

gobucs20 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:49 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:19 am
Bfan99 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:28 pm

Kirtland and the MAC schools are 3-4hrs away how does that make sense? It takes both teams to agree to play. Maybe the 3 teams should try and schedule IMG academy in Florida next year.
They’re probably not ready for IMG. They should just start by scheduling a MAC team like Fort Frye did. Also I heard Kirtland might have an opening on the schedule.
They are not anywhere near ready to complete with northeast Ohio teams or is any other seo team. The talent level is just not there. And most of the times I've seen ironton or any other seo team play teams north of i70 the difference seams to be line of scrimmage play. The northern Ohio teams almost always dominate the game at the line of scrimmage.
Read the 7 on 7 comments below. Ironton basically owned Lakota West and Winton Woods. If they can do that to D1 and D2 powerhouse programs then no D5 school stands a chance this year.

Last year I asked “if Pendleton doesn’t win state with the talent he had, is that a coaching failure?”. So now I ask that question again. How can Ironton not easily win D5 with D1/D2 talent?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:02 am
Gray Cat wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:19 am

They’re probably not ready for IMG. They should just start by scheduling a MAC team like Fort Frye did. Also I heard Kirtland might have an opening on the schedule.
They are not anywhere near ready to complete with northeast Ohio teams or is any other seo team. The talent level is just not there. And most of the times I've seen ironton or any other seo team play teams north of i70 the difference seams to be line of scrimmage play. The northern Ohio teams almost always dominate the game at the line of scrimmage.
Read the 7 on 7 comments below. Ironton basically owned Lakota West and Winton Woods. If they can do that to D1 and D2 powerhouse programs then no D5 school stands a chance this year.

Last year I asked “if Pendleton doesn’t win state with the talent he had, is that a coaching failure?”. So now I ask that question again. How can Ironton not easily win D5 with D1/D2 talent?
Because the game is won on the line of scrimmage and Ironton has been beat all 3 years there. 7 on 7 is 2 hand touch football in spandex. Doesn’t count for anything other than 7 on 7.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

XandOs wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:08 am

Because the game is won on the line of scrimmage and Ironton has been beat all 3 years there. 7 on 7 is 2 hand touch football in spandex. Doesn’t count for anything other than 7 on 7.
With that kind of skill, Ironton doesn’t need much out of the line. We’re talking D5 football!!

That said, these other D5 schools aren’t sending their lineman to D1 colleges. Ironton linemen are getting scholarship offers that Kirtland and South Range linemen are not.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

XandOs wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:07 am Talking with some people that went this morning . Ironton had a great showing there. Ironton WRs got behind the defense several times for long TD passes. The QB Thacker played well last night as he demonstrated his Big Arm. Was told the Terry kid was the best player on field. Neither Winton Woods or Lakota West had anyone that could stay with him. Was also told Ironton defense only gave up 1 TD on evening. Several INTs by the secondary and coverage sacks. All in all it was a good first summer 7 on 7 for Ironton against two very good programs.
Good run down, pretty much sums it up.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:54 am

With that kind of skill, Ironton doesn’t need much out of the line. We’re talking D5 football!!

That said, these other D5 schools aren’t sending their lineman to D1 colleges. Ironton linemen are getting scholarship offers that Kirtland and South Range linemen are not.
They look good when the offense already installed 😂

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

XandOs wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:07 am Talking with some people that went this morning . Ironton had a great showing there. Ironton WRs got behind the defense several times for long TD passes. The QB Thacker played well last night as he demonstrated his Big Arm. Was told the Terry kid was the best player on field. Neither Winton Woods or Lakota West had anyone that could stay with him. Was also told Ironton defense only gave up 1 TD on evening. Several INTs by the secondary and coverage sacks. All in all it was a good first summer 7 on 7 for Ironton against two very good programs.
Thanks for the information.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Your right. People that don’t know the game get mislead that 7 on 7 is real football and it is NOT! Game is won in the trenches and if we do not win the LOS we won’t win the tough games no matter how many good athletes we have.
Last edited by irontonwizard on Thu May 25, 2023 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

mustard wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:10 pm

They look good when the offense already installed 😂
I’m curious about you mean by this comment?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

irontonwizard wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:28 pm

Your right. People that don’t know the game get mislead that 7 on 7 is not real football. Game is won in the trenches and if we do not win the LOS we won’t win the tough games no matter how many good athletes we have.
Winning the LOS is true especially if all else equal. But having D1 talent at nearly every skilled position on a D5 team dramatically negates the importance of the LOS.

Example: CAPE’s line was not very good but didn’t have to be. Carlos Snow just ran past or through nearly all defenders. The CAPE QB would run around the backfield like playground ball and then just throw it up in the air for Clark to pull-down. They got away with this because they were playing schools that had far inferior talent in the skill positions. Now if they played a team with similar talent, the LOS would become extremely important.

Ironton has more D1 skill players than CAPE had; Ironton also has more D1 linemen than CAPE as well. Yet they have not dominated like that even though playing even smaller schools.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

IHS hasn’t had Carlos Snow and Vinny Clark kind of talent, come on. Those two were special.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

IHS wins the last 3 State Championships with a Snow and Clark like talent. There is D1 talent and then there is talent that is different.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:41 pm IHS wins the last 3 State Championships with a Snow and Clark like talent. There is D1 talent and then there is talent that is different.
I'm sorry but somebody has to say it. These hatin a$$ southern ohio yocals say d1 this and that means x has to happen or failure are just OLD grudge holding, hatin, crabs in a barrel. Anyone that is from southern ohio and then moves away for awhile notices pretty fast people back in that small area hate on their neighbors for anything and EVERYTHING. And when you visit or contact people still living there, 9 × outta 10, they are talking about somebody else and it ain't to celebrate their wins in life. The hate here ain't got much to do with high school football really. If it wasn't that they would be hating for something else.

It's in their 🩸💯

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:41 pm IHS wins the last 3 State Championships with a Snow and Clark like talent. There is D1 talent and then there is talent that is different.
There's no debating with old sour ass crabs who are just looking for reasons to justify being haters. 💯

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

With what kinda talent. Be specific. Don't just say "d1" Be specific & draw specific comparison & explain WHY. Make a REAL argument. You're just shouting OPINION with no substance to support it. You're just repeating a narrative to hate.

Tell me something btw. If burg has such solid coaching, why has burg only made it outta their region like 3 or 4 times in the last 15 years or so? Can we discuss that?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Feel bad for RBH when he hears the latest news

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

IHS didn’t have Snow talent, but IHS also was not playing D3 teams. With 5-6 D1 athletes, against a team whose best player is playing at John Carrol, Ironton still should have dominated. Instead they were dominated.

So back to my question: how much D1 talent does it take for Ironton to win a state title against teams with no D1 talent?

Return to “Football”